day twenty five / am

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was late. For the first time in weeks he had overslept and was late. He dragged himself though the long corridors feeling like and heading towards a certain berating.

The day before he had curled into a ball in the warm comfort of his bed. He sent Wonwoo a text blaming a fever and hid himself away from the world. He couldn't do it. He couldn't face him. He got a blithe and disinterested reply from Wonwoo. It simply said 'ok'.

After they had exhausted themselves practicing two days ago in the practice room they had changed and headed out for lunch. Mingyu walked Wonwoo to the chicken place where he had brought lunch from before. Wonwoo wore a beanie and glasses. Mingyu was entranced. He couldn't take his eyes off him the whole time. Stolen glances were taken at every available opportunity. Mingyu could feel himself falling deep into a hole he couldn't hope to escape from.

Why didn't I see it before.

Suddenly Wonwoo's cold stare turned from vacant to wistful. His sharply cutting eyes became intense not harsh. His furrowed brow was a mystery to be unravelled and a scar to be soothed. As he sat in silence and chewed his chicken Mingyu felt the sudden urge to protect him from anyone who would cause him harm. Mingyu wanted to find the cure for every ailment that hurt Wonwoo's soul. There was pain inside him. It radiated from him, it was seeping out through his pores, it emanated from his chocolate brown eyes that screamed for salvation every time they met Mingyu's.

But when their lunch was over Wonwoo had to meet Jihoon. "We need to go over the new song." A small smile was Mingyu's confirmation. Wonwoo couldn't wait to get to Jihoon and see what he thought.

Alone in the silent office Mingyu's mind wandered. He imagined Wonwoo's shy smile and Jihoons intense response. He could picture Wonwoo, cheeks rosy with anticipation, shyly explaining to Jihoon that the song was for him. The most precious of gifts. He imagined Jihoons passionate reaction, him taking Wonwoo by the hand, leading him in a slow dance to the beat of their own hearts. Jihoon leaning up on his tiptoes, Wonwoo bending down to reach him, their lips gently pressing together in the warmth of satisfaction.

As he released the breath he had been subconsciously holding he felt the sensation of cold heat on his cheeks. He didn't know how many tears had fallen but he knew it was too many. He picked up his little hello kitty figurine and put her into his pocket and walked out the door. With her stuffed into his jacket pocket he felt like a little piece of Wonwoo was with him as he walked home to his apartment, straight into his room, and straight into his bed. And that's where he stayed until 9am Friday morning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter