day thirty one

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days before had gone better than expected. Shooting a music video was difficult work and Mingyu had been so busy that he was able to forget the cold stalemate he was trapped in with Wonwoo. Wonwoo's sour attitude had been beneficial to the shoot with the director praising his intensity and his focus. Mingyu had lingered around, attending to Wonwoo's needs, trying to anticipate them before he had to ask, showing the true side of how he felt towards him.

Jun had been right. He felt so free in his new plan to show, rather than hide, his feelings. It was so much less tiring. He was almost joyous, bounding around the set full of life, fetching water and food, holding sweat towels and face powder, taking behind the scenes photos and video. And every time he met Wonwoo's needs with a smile he got confusion in return. But he didn't care. He felt free.

With the official video and the choreography version done the day Mingyu had been dreading was finally here. The shoot for 'Beautiful Day'. Wonwoo was going to be difficult and Mingyu was well prepared to sooth any bumps in the road. He would help Wonwoo all he could, he would protect him from embarrassment, he would calm any frayed nerves. He watched as Wonwoo was made up and dressed, his hair styled and accessories added. He watched him shoot a few mild story scenes, walking, thinking, looking at the girl from afar.

So far so good.

A quiet lunch was eaten with the others shooting the video until the girl decided to push it. The girl who was cast to dance had tried to sit next to Wonwoo but, sensing his discomfort, Mingyu called him aside with some 'important business.' Wonwoos eyes were dark with grateful emotion as they took their lunch to a quiet spot away from the crew.

"Thanks." He said softly as he ate his chicken. "Youre welcome." Mingyu smiled his bright and broad smile at him. Wonwoo looked down at his plate and Mingyu could have sworn he blushed. But it must have just been his imagination.

Soon enough it was time for the inevitable. They tried to make the scene work. Every time the girl moved in to dance the choreography with Wonwoo he stiffened up and couldn't dance. His face darkened, he forgot the steps, he grew more and more frustrated. Mingyu watched him build into a gentle simmering rage. He pulled the director aside and begged him for a break. "We're almost out of time Mingyu. We only have today." Mingyu knew how expensive it was to shoot music videos. He had to think of something.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter