day thirty five

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Maybe they're mad about the video." Wonwoo tried to calm Mingyu's nerves. It was Monday morning and they had been called to a meeting with the Pledis CEO. After the fallout from the Jihoon and Hoshi scandal the whole company was on edge and Mingyu paced the room while they waited to be called in.

One week. Wonwoo's first mini album would be released in exactly seven days. They had almost made it. But here they were, summoned in front of the big guns, and Mingyu couldn't have been more terrified.

"Is it cold in here?" Mingyu shivered as he walked and Wonwoo reached out and grabbed his arm. "Stop." He said sharply. "You're making me nervous." Mingyu sighed and sat down next to Wonwoo.

He focused on Wonwoo's slow breathing and felt it calm his nerves. He realised Wonwoo was still holding his arm and when he did he felt his skin burning under Wonwoo's touch. Wonwoo maintained his grip, like he was scared Mingyu might fly away at any moment, and Mingyu allowed himself to let Wonwoo be his anchor. He rested his head against the wall and closed his eyes. His mind wandered back to the weekend when Wonwoo had came to his home and enjoyed his cooking. Wonwoo had admired his decor, read manga on his bed, and put Mingyu firmly in the friendzone.

He couldn't get it out of his mind. He suddenly realised why it was called a crush. Because he felt crushed. The weight of his feelings was slowly crushing his spirit, confusing his mind, torturing his heart. Those words had cut directly into his soul and ripped his heart into pieces.

But when he opened his eyes and saw the soft gaze that Wonwoo had begun to use towards him his heart picked up its own pieces and felt whole again. He didn't know when Wonwoo had changed. But he never used to look at Mingyu like that.

The door opened and Mingyu walked into the room with Wonwoo close behind. They bowed to the CEO and the other company heads around the table and sat in their indicated seats.

"So. Wonwoo. You must be excited. Only one week left, I hope you use this week wisely and find a balance between practicing and getting some rest, because you'll be very busy during the weeks after your debut."

"Yes sir." Wonwoo smiled gently and attentively.

"And do you have everything you need? Do you have enough staff?" The CEO looked pointedly as a nervous Mingyu shifted in his seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter