day twenty two / pm

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He gave you a Hello Kitty figurine?" Jun's disbelief was written all over his face. Vernon joined in. "That stroppy emo piece of went to the Sanrio store and picked you out a Hello Kitty?" Vernon's laughter exploded. People began to turn around and look at the table of four as they ate their lunch. "Ssshhhhhh." Mingyu hushed them. "Don't talk about him like that." He flashed a savage stare at Vernon. "That's not all. He wants me to help him record a song. He wants to ing sing." Mingyu's voice was almost a whisper.

"Why?" Jun asked. "Why sing? Can he even sing?" Mingyu shrugged. "Don't know. He was in a real funk so we went to the beach for the day and now he wants to sing and he wants me to help him record it. I have no idea what the is happening." Mingyu sighed and chewed his sandwich. He looked up at the silence and saw three faces staring intently at him. "What?" He said through a mouthful of bread. "You took him to the beach?" Vernon asked. "Yeah. So?" Mingyu swallowed and opened his chocolate milk.

"Since when do you guys hang out. I thought you hated each other." Jun's smile had become a smirk. "Well. I guess he's not that bad. I've gotten to know him a little better." Mingyu admitted. "Plus it's my job." Suddenly defensive, three smirking faces watching him in silent judgement, Mingyu got up and grabbed his stuff from the table. As he turned to walk away he heard Vernon yell out to his back. "Hey Mingyu. Who's that extra sandwich for?" And the three he left behind dissolved into laughter as Mingyu walked away.

It's my job.

It's my job.

It's all for my career. And his.

Mingyu mental repeated the sentences over and over in his head.

For the success of his career and mine which by some twist of fate became inextricably and irrevocably tied to his.

Not because he's hot. Or y.

Not because the thought of him in the Sanrio store melts my heart.

Not because he's secretly soft and adorable.

Not because he's fragile and insecure and needs a strong shoulder to lean on.

Not because I like him. I don't.

I hate that guy.

Mingyu carefully carried the lunch he had selected for Wonwoo. He knew he was fussy and hated any form of seafood so he generally stuck to the same old plain choices. Today he had chosen turkey, cream cheese and baby spinach. He hoped Wonwoo would like it. Mingyu hurried towards the elevator and almost missed it. He wanted to run and catch it but he didn't want to risk Wonwoo's lunch. He was such a clumsy goof and he knew one slip and the sandwich would be stuck to the floor. But the person inside saw him coming and held the elevator for him. It was Jihoon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter