day one

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day before had been a complete bust. Mingyu had sat behind the desk for a few hours before getting bored and wandering the halls of Pledis. He chatted to a few people, searching for information, trying to get the heads up on his new charge. Everyone said the same things.

"Loves his Red Bull. Hates everything else."

"Don't disturb him when he's in the studio."

"Talented but scary. Never seen him smile."

None of this was useful to Mingyu. He ate lunch with his friend and fellow assistant Vernon who tried to sympathise but Vernon adored his boss, the highly acclaimed vocalist Boo Seungkwan, and literally made heart eyes whenever he talked about him. Mingyu would do anything to swap with him. "Want to swap jobs?" He joked. " off." Vernon laughed. "Not for a million dollars." He proceeded to go off on a long monologue about the glory of Seungkwan's voice, the joy of his sassy attitude, even the cute way he chewed his lunch. Mingyu just sulked as he pretended to listen.

He ended his day without even seeing Wonwoo. He guessed that might be for the best anyway. He needed time to think about what he was going to do. One thing was for sure. He wouldn't quit.

Mingyu made a special effort to show up on time for his first real day on the job. He walked into his new office at exactly 8:59am with a long black in his hand and a minute to spare. He was greeted with the sight of Wonwoo leaning back in his desk chair. "Good morning." Mingyu chirped brightly and smiled and held out the coffee. "You're late." Wonwoo said with a blank expression. Mingyu didn't know what to say. He set the coffee down in front of Wonwoo. "Ah, but it's only just 9am." He said with uncertainty. Wonwoo just stared with his unchanging cold face. "I start at 8:30. I like to start early." He said. "If you spoke to me yesterday we could have discussed it. Then you wouldn't be late."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter