day thirty seven

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was a mistake.

I'm sorry.

It was a mistake.

Wonwoo was curled up on the couch of the recording studio. He slept all night with his arms wrapped around Mingyu's thick winter coat. The fur around the hood held the lingering scent of Mingyu's soft dark hair and Wonwoo buried his face in the faint aromas of fresh cut grass, lemon and clean laundry.

It wasn't a mistake.

If it was a mistake then Mingyu wouldn't have pulled him closer and kissed him deeper. If it was a mistake then Wonwoo wouldn't still have the lingering heat of Mingyu's lips on his. If it was a mistake then why could he still taste the milky sweet latte on Mingyu's tongue?

The only mistake was mine again.

The mistake of letting him run away.

The mistake of letting him go.

Wonwoo sat up and as the coat fell to the floor he heard the heavy clunk. Wonwoo fished around in the pockets and pulled out a bunch of keys on, what else, a Hello Kitty keychain. He wondered how Mingyu got into his apartment but pushed the thought out of his mind and put the keys down on the table. He needed help and there was only one person he could go to.

He rode the elevator up to the 17th floor. It was early and the corridors were empty but he knew Jihoon would be there. He knocked before walking in and found Jihoon drinking a huge glass of Coke and scrolling through his laptop.

"How are things?" Wonwoo said as he sat in the opposite chair. "Better than expected. Gossip has died down a bit and sales haven't dropped much. And in the end that's all the company is really worried about." Jihoon closed his laptop. "And you?" Wonwoo's expression was one of confusion. "I don't know." He said and Jihoon laughed.

He told him everything. Mingyu's unexpected reaction to Jihoon dating his crush. Their hot dance on the set. Their wonderful afternoon in Mingyu's apartment where he made Wonwoo feel like the most important person on earth. The song, their kiss, those heartbreaking words.

"He said it was a mistake." Wonwoo said softly as he stared down at the street below. The rain was still beating down and the streets were mostly empty. He pressed his forehead against the icy cold glass. He turned to Jihoon with a vacant stare. "Why do I feel like this?" "Like what?" Jihoon joined him at the window. "Like he's always on my mind. I can't get rid of him. Like I want to be with him every day. Like I would do anything for him. Change who I am for him." Wonwoo turned towards Jihoon who put his hand on Wonwoo's shoulder. "Sounds like you love him."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter