day twenty six

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu had never been more grateful for Saturday.

He was exhausted.

Wonwoo was killing him softly, with every meeting of dark eyes, with every touch of bare skin. It was overwhelming, exciting and frightening, addictive and terrifying.

When he checked his phone and saw it was 10:30am he couldn't believe he had slept for 12 hours and he was still tired. Yesterday had been so stressful. He wished he could just go back to the time before he felt this way. The days when he would walk the halls with coffee in his hands and disdain in his heart.

Was it less painful to hate him?

Why can't I forget?

Why Jihoon and not me?

He rolled over and buried his face in his pillow. He wasn't going to cry. Honestly, he just didn't have the energy, and instead he just tried to go back to sleep. But sleep was even more elusive than happiness and eventually Mingyu just got out of bed, showered, and prepared to face the day.

The thick carpet melted underneath his toes as Mingyu padded out into his living area. His apartment was small but nice and it was all his. He liked nice things and when he got the job working for Pledis the first thing he did was sign the lease and put down new carpet in this one bedroom apartment within walking distance. The living areas were representative of a young working professional, tastefully decorated in shades of white and grey and green.

Mingyu's bedroom, however, was a joyful explosion of pink and purple and teal. A Hello Kitty cover was sprawled across the huge king sized bed. A purple shag rug covered the wooden floorboards and fairy lights covered the roof. It was Mingyu's one private escape from his boring adult life. He never let anyone see it but his mind wandered to thoughts of waking up with Wonwoo next to him. He pictured rolling over and reaching out and finding golden honey coloured hair spilling across his pillows in soft dawn light. Mingyu couldn't help but chuckle as he wondered how grumpy Wonwoo was when he first woke up. Especially if he woke up in this room that was an explosion of everything Wonwoo hated.

Colour. Hello Kitty. Me.

Wonwoo would hate it in here.

I bet he's not a morning person at all.

He rummaged through the overflowing cupboards in his kitchen looking for his favourite electric frying pan. He plugged it in at the wall and searched his fridge and cupboards while it heated up. In the end he couldn't decide between pancakes and French toast so he made both. Cooking was the only thing Mingyu was confident with and as he buzzed around his kitchen chopping and mixing and frying he imagined Wonwoo, grumpy and bedhaired, sprawled on his couch with coffee while he waited for his breakfast. He pictured Wonwoo's sulky frown turn into the slightest smile at the sight of a huge plate of freshly cooked sweet treats and the idea of this happy domestic scene made his heart almost burst.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter