day sixteen

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu was worried. Yesterday the Red Bulls disappeared but Wonwoo hadn't been sighted since Monday. It was now Wednesday. No one had been seen coming or going from the studio and Mingyu was starting to freak out. He did something he knew he would probably regret.

The assistant waved him in. He knocked on the door of the large corner office labelled Lee Jihoon. "Come in." A voice called and he entered the office of Pledis' most prolific and successful producer. "Sit. What brings you here today?" Jihoon indicated the couch while he took a large high backed chair for himself. Mingyu cleared his throat. "Mr Lee, I need to know, Ah— have you done Wonwoo's songs?" Jihoon looked at him curiously. "You're his Manager. Why are you in here asking me?" Mingyu shifted nervously in his seat. There was something about his cold stare that reminded him of, well, of Wonwoo. "Honestly. He's been holed up in the studio for weeks. I haven't seen him for days. I don't think he's eating and I'm worried." When in doubt just be honest, Mingyu decided, together he and Wonwoo were already fast becoming the outcasts of Pledis.

A warmth was visible behind Jihoons glare. "Well. I'm glad someone else is worried about him. He's got the tracks but he insisted that he was still 'perfecting' the lyrics. He was supposed to contact me yesterday to set a time to do some more recording and I haven't heard from him." Cold realisation washed over Mingyu like a cleansing shower. He hasn't written the other songs.

. Why didn't he just tell me. Ugh.

I hate that guy.

"Thank you Mr Lee, for your time, and your concern. I'll sort this out for you straight away." Mingyu got up and bowed as left and went back down to the fifth floor.

He stood outside the studio and pressed his ear against the door. He heard nothing. No rapping, no singing, no talking. No movement. Mingyu decided desperate times called for desperate measures. He grabbed his jacket and his wallet and headed out of the building.

He wandered along the city street with his hands stuffed inside his pockets. A conversation from last week played over and over in his mind. He had literally had about three conversations with Wonwoo in the last three weeks so this one was hard to forget.

"What happened? You almost had it."

"I've got a lot on my mind."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter