day thirty six / am

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Saturday at Mingyu's house was the best day of Wonwoo's life.

The minute he stepped into Mingyu's warm apartment that smelled of pasta and chocolate and home he felt relaxed. It was strange how at ease the socially awkward and anxious man felt when the comforts of Mingyu's life surrounded him. The soft carpet, the delicious smells, Mingyu's quiet and confident manner he exuded in his own home. It all combined into a warm and soothing feeling Wonwoo had never felt before. The only thing missing from the nicely decorated apartment was the true sense of Mingyu. But Wonwoo knew he was hiding it somewhere.

He hadn't eaten a home cooked meal in months and at first he was determined to be the perfect guest. He would eat neatly and politely, making sure not to be messy or greedy, and at the end of the meal he would smile and say thanks and help Mingyu clean up.

Instead he felt himself get carried away by the delicious food and Mingyu's attentive care. He could feel Mingyu's eyes on him while he stuffed the mouth watering food into his face like he hadn't eaten in days. But fear of judgement didn't follow Wonwoo into Mingyu's home and he abandoned his polite plans when he saw Mingyu's joy in watching him eat. As soon as his plate was emptied Mingyu had filled it again and Wonwoo devoured the second. Mingyu cut his focaccia and poured his water and even had cold cans of Red Bull in his fridge.

Wonwoo had never eaten a warm lava cake before and his child like delight was obviously relished by Mingyu as he put a second one in front of him. He didn't even have to ask.

As Mingyu made coffee Wonwoo had to stretch. His stomach was stuffed and he had to walk around a bit. He never meant to be nosy but he wasn't going to waste his chance at checking out Mingyu's things.

When he saw Mingyu's bedroom he knew he finally found it. This was the sense of Mingyu the apartment had been missing. The bedroom was an explosion of all the things that Wonwoo, in theory, hated. That he thought he hated. But the sparkling of the fairy lights and the overwhelming scent of Mingyu had been irresistible.

As he relaxed on the bed and asked Mingyu if they were friends he wanted the other to scream at him.

No.

I don't want to be friends.

I want more.

But the glowing smile that spread across honey gold cheeks was almost worth being friendzoned for.

Can I just be your friend?

Is that all you want?

I just need to be near you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter