day fourteen

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recording week. Mingyu hoped they would get through it alive. He wandered along the hallway with a long black in one hand and a milk tea with extra bubbles in the other. He'd spent the weekend in quiet contemplation over the events of last week. He felt like he was making progress. He felt like Wonwoo was finally letting him in. It was slow but frustrating work.

Mingyu was finding the earlier starts much more manageable now. He was in a routine and it was getting easier to stick to. With Wonwoo's behaviour becoming more predictable to him he was finding himself able to think more assertively. Which was great because he still had a few major hurdles to get over. One was the songs. Recording was this week. He needed to know the songs were written. Another was the hair. The company insisted on a cut and dye. And then there was the social media. He had made a few posts but not enough. The company were on him to ramp it up. He didn't know how. Wonwoo would never agree.

He rode the elevator and strode into the office. His confidence was renewed every time he had a little win with his temperamental boss. The choreography on Friday afternoon was a little win. As he pushed the door open and walked to his desk he found a sticky note on his keyboard. One sentence.

Tear the rules up.

Mingyu pulled his chair out and found a plastic wrapped package. Curious, he tore it open, and found his white jacket. His favourite white jacket, the one he ruined the day Hoshi first met with them, a dry cleaning slip attached to the collar. He shook it out and his heart skipped with joy when he saw the yellow mustard stain was gone. But who? He threw the jacket on and sat at his desk. His Hello Kitty clock ticked at him. His favourite Hello Kitty plushie, dressed in a cheerful sunflower dress and yellow bow, sat next to his computer. His Hello Kitty desk set, his pens and pencils and ruler, they were all back. Someone had gone through his desk and got all his things out.

It had to be him. It could only be Wonwoo.

Happiness flooded through Mingyu as he looked at all his favourite things. Then his eyes fell on one he hadn't seen before. It was a little ceramic Hello Kitty statue. She was wearing a pink and black plaid dress and pink glasses. She was so cute. He picked her up and turned her over in his hands. Had Wonwoo bought this for him? He must have. No one else was allowed in here but the two of them. And, let's face it, Wonwoo's personality wasn't exactly enticing visitors to their office.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter