day twenty nine

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And they were back to square one.

But this was a whole different board game.

The music videos were being filmed this week. The title track, entitled "My Delusion" was being filmed tomorrow, the the choreography version was the day after. Mingyu wasn't worried about them. The one he was worried about was the third video. The song was titled "Beautiful Day." It was the compromise between Wonwoo and Pledis to allow him to do the dark and bold rap as his title track.

He hated the second song, he hated the music video concept, and most of all he hated having to dance with some vapid and vacant girl who he didn't even know. Mingyu had already learned how difficult real intimacy was for Wonwoo. Faking it was near impossible. The next few days were going to be a nightmare.

Wonwoo had kind of blown up at Mingyu again yesterday over the song. The beautiful song that Wonwoo had penned after they stood in the salt spray of the ocean. Mingyu hadn't seen him since. They were back to their cold stalemate of weeks ago. Mingyu was more miserable than ever. He left the Red Bull at 12:15 and headed out to see if he could find someone to complain to.

He was in luck. Or was he?

"Hey Mingyu!" Vernon called across the crowded cafeteria. "Saved you a seat!" Mingyu grabbed his food and wandered almost reluctantly over to the table. Jun and Minghao were laughing over something on Jun's phone. As soon as he sat Vernon grilled him.

"You gonna tell them?" Vernon nodded towards the two laughing over a video of a cat with its head in a paper bag. Mingyu shrugged. "I got nothing to hide." He didn't. He was exhausted enough as it was. He didn't need to be trying to keep secrets as well. "What?" Jun, suddenly interested, looked up from his phone. "Mingyu has a crush!" Vernon laughed. "Yeah on his idol Hoshi. We all knew that right?" Jun turned back to the video. "No." Vernon continued. "On someone else." He teased. Jun and Minghao stopped and stared. Minghao clicked the phone locked and put it on the table.

Mingyu cleared his throat as the three all stared at him. "I've got a crush on Wonwoo." Jun and Minghao howled with laughter. Minghao wiped fake tears while Jun slapped his leg and laughed loudly. After a few minutes they stopped. "Oh." Jun looked confused. "You're serious? Why on earth? How?" Mingyu looked down at his plate. "I don't know how. Ok?" Mingyu felt suddenly sad. Sad for Wonwoo. It was hard enough to just explain him to other people. It must be so hard to be Wonwoo, trying to live your life under the hard gaze of disapproving states, constantly ignored and misunderstood.

"He's not what you think ok? He's..... He's different. He's fragile and sensitive. He's also secretly adorable. He did buy me the Hello Kitty." "Yeah and he tears strips off you every chance he gets. Did you forget that part?" Jun said. "He doesn't mean it." Mingyu's defence was vehement. "He has trouble expressing himself. You don't know him. You don't understand." Mingyu stared at his food as he pushed his salad around with a fork.

"Ah.. Poor Mingyu." Vernon laughed. "Trapped in a Shoujo Manga!" The other boys began to laugh. "My Tsundere Boyfriend!" Vernon went on. They all laughed but quickly stopped when two big tears dropped from Mingyu's eyes and onto the table. ". Sorry man. Don't get so worked up." Vernon put his arm around Mingyu and rubbed his back. He really loved his tall and clumsy friend and had never seen him this worked up over anyone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter