day twenty one

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As he strolled through the long bright corridor, coffees in hand, Mingyu didn't know what to expect. He left Wonwoo out the front of the company at exactly 3:50pm on Thursday afternoon, just in time for the dreaded salon appointment, and hadn't sighted him since. It hadn't bothered him, he was so busy Friday that the day had flown by, but now their regular Monday meeting was impending and once again Mingyu didn't know what to expect.

Something had changed. Out there in the cold crashing waves, the salt spray burning their skin, the watchful grey sky overhead, something shifted. At least for Mingyu. Wonwoo was so hard to read. But he had seemed calmer and he said it helped. As long as it helped.

He opened the office door to face the music. No Wonwoo. He set one coffee down on Wonwoo's desk and took his own over to his. He looked over his little collection of things that made him happy and let his mind wander.

Hello Kitty. Hello Kitty made him happy. Especially the one he knew Wonwoo had secretly gifted to him. He would never admit it but it had to be him.

Hello Kitty, sleeping in on Sundays, the sand and the waves and bubble tea. Sweet lattes made him happy, walking on the beach in the sun, icecream and puppies and Wonwoo's shy smile.

Wait what?

Mingyu's rational side rushed in to rescue his emotional side. Wonwoo's smile made him happy. Of course he wanted Wonwoo to be happy. He was his manager. Wonwoo's happiness should be important to him.

I just want him to be happy. For his career and mine.

I still hate him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter