Still W 13

Still W

 

“This is called as a temporary amnesia or as known as short term memory loss where the patient’s memory will disappear for a time being. This is because of several cause and I believe in his case is because of concussion.”

 

The doctor explained slowly but clearly and this make the other 4 boys keep their mouth shut. The doctor’s understand their feelings just keep smiling in order to calm their emotion.

 

   “Don’t worry, it just for a short time.”

 

   “Until when?”

 

Jaejoong cut the doctor words and keep staring at the floor. Their emotion and face are indescribable and lost. Their eyes lost in contact and their mind flew to nowhere.

 

   “It is up to him, but for now please don’t push him to remember. The injury is quite bad, plus his body still in weak condition.”

 

The boys nod, one by one stand up and walk towards the door after bow to the doctor.

 

   “Thank you Dr. Lee.” Yunho spoke before he left the room. The doctor can only watch with sympathy and little did he knew, a tears escaped from his round brown eye.

*****

 

The four watch their maknae sleep in peace. A small relieve escape from their face. Changmin did not use the machine anymore. He can breathe properly.

 

Yunho walk to the end of the bed, Yoochun to the right side, Junsu the left and Jaejoong to the head. Their eyes darted to Changmin. They feel helpless, fail to being a good hyung to protect him. Their eyes look empty, their face is expressionless and they look perfect like a statue, standing and watching the sleeping boy. Many things linger in their minds right now until to the point where they unable to express their emotions and let out some words.

 

Their minds scream. Screaming for the haply news and the cruel fate that lingering them.

 

Acute lymphocytic leukemia.

 

 

Temporary amnesia and injury.

 

Words which they really want to avoid even in the dreams.

 

Tears like waterfall stream to Jaejoong cheeks, he caressed the maknae hair lovely. Full with emotions, he sobbed and ran out from the room. Yunho was shocked and run after him. Yoochun and Junsu remained stoic. They can hear Yunho shout very clearly.

 

Jaejoong keep running, never bother to who he bumped and how many time he fall, from far he can hear Yunho shouted for him. His heart broke a lot. Is this the rejoinder that they got after they united again as group?

 

   “Jaejoong! Wait!”

 

Yunho keep running while bowing to person whom he bumped with. Anger developed in him and finally he can catch him. Immidiately, Yunho grab Jaejoong hand and drag him to the park nearby. Jaejoong trying to fight back but Yunho power against him. Yunho, with full force let off the tight grip which made Jaejoong winced in pain.

 

   “Please! Why you acting like this? You have to accept it! Not running away!” Yunho raised his volume. Jaejoong held his hand which is now turn red with sob and anger.

 

   “THEN HOW ABOUT YOU?! YOU TOO DID NOT ACCEPT IT RIGHT? SO PLEASE DON’T DO THIS TO ME!”

 

   “I am not! I am calming myself down! We need to do that!” Jaejoong was surprised with Yunho answer.

 

   “Then why you keep quiet? Why you did not calm us down?” He began sobbing again. Yunho come closer and hug him tightly.

 

   “Because I need to calm my mind, and I was shocked as well. Please forgive me for hurting you.”

 

Yunho caressed Jaejoong hand and hold his hand, walking slowly to the room again. He can feel Jaejoong walk was slow and he look so terrible, like having a massive headache and overflowing emotions.

 

   “Jae?”

 

   “Let this nightmare quickly end.” Jaejoong mumbled and he fainted on Yunho’s embrace.

 

He expected this to happen. He knew, the news taking toll to all of them. People surrounding him show panic expression and call for the doctor upon see Jaejoong weak limb slowly fall in Yunho’s embrace. He just keeps quiet and piggy-back the older one.

*****

 

   “Hyung? Where is Jaejoong hyung?” Yoochun asked him.

 

   “He fainted. Now, let make him rest for awhile. How’s Junsu? Hyung is very sorry for leaving you.” With guilty, Yunho uttered the word.

 

   “It is okay hyung. I apologized. Better we accept this and are STRONG for him.” He emphasized the word ‘strong’ boldly.

 

The leader shifted his view to pale and skinny Junsu and let out a heavy sigh.

 

   “How can I tell the manager?”

 

*The next morning

Jaejoong eyes open slowly and he recognize he was on the bed and he can feel someone hold his hand, he turn to left and he saw Yunho sleep. He wake up from the bed and his movement make the leader wake in a start.

 

   “Jaejoong? You okay?”

 

He just nodded, he feels a bit dizzy and weak, he looked at his hand.

 

   ‘No wonder it hurt.’

 

He believes he just finished one bottle of IV drip and now his hand is plastered.

 

   “Bring me to Changmin.” He spoke.

 

Yunho stand up and help him to walk. Lucky the doctor told him that as soon as Jaejoong finish the treatment, he can bring him to the maknae. Yunho just keep silent and their steps echoed through the wall. The nice and fresh morning air with tweet of the birds never made them blessed since the incident.

 

The walk takes about five minutes and then they reach the room. The cool air in the room made them shiver a bit. Upon opening the door, they were greeted by a picture where he saw their two younger brothers helping each other to feeding Changmin.

 

   “Changmin?” The center of the group mentioned the boy name. The boy held up his head and look to the two.

 

   “Yunho…. And Jaejoong hyung?” The boy try to recall what Junsu and Yoochun told him just now.

 

   “You remember?” There is a joy in Jaejoong’s voice.

 

   “Hyung, I just told him. He didn’t remember us at all. All he can remember is that he went to SME audition, other than that, none.” Junsu’s heart wrenching facts make them feel very bad. Changmin just keep his head down, staring on the hospital blanket.

 

   “I am sorry.” He mumbled the words softly.

 

‘So it is true and real then.' Jaejoong began to accept the truth.  

 

 

 

 

 

*bow* Hello~~ O/// Sorry for this >< The orientation week is tiring. I type this as soon as the program end and it take me around 3 or 4 hours T___T now my head are dizzy @__@ because lack of sleep and hungry :/ I can't promise I can update this fic regularly because Matriculation College schedule is super pack >< and the topic of study is super many T____T You guys won't leave me right? TT__TT Do comments and that will make me happy :) I guess I can't reply all comments T____T I am sorry T_____T Please don't hate me T____T *sobbing in one corner* Comment neh :'D Have  a nice day~