Spaghetti and Jackets

A Fangirl's Dream

*Jonghyun’s POV*

Six days left. Yesterday flew by so quickly. In six days the girls would be leaving, and we’d be on a plane back to South Korea. I couldn’t wrap my mind around it. Annie had just come into my life; just accepted me. How was I supposed to just let her go? This wasn’t supposed to be more than a learning experience for us to get used to American culture and language. We all knew it was so much more though. These girls were all special to us. It wasn’t fake affection. It was real love.

“Oppa! You just got flower all over me! It’s supposed to be for the pasta, not my face!” I heard Brianna exclaim as I walked by the kitchen. I peaked in to see her and Key cooking dinner, though it looked more like a food fight to me.

“But it looks better on you!” Key laughed, blowing on his hands so a cloud of white powder enveloped his yeoja chingu.

“Here; I think you need a touch of blush for your cheeks,” Brianna said as she scooped up some tomato paste and rubbed it on Key’s face.

He looked at her in shock. Nobody ever did such things to the Almighty Key and got away with it. I watched as a devious grin spread across his face.

“Oppa…” she began to back away, but he grabbed her and pulled her in. “Oppa!” she scream/laughed as his hands roamed her body for her ticklish spot.

Spaghetti ingredients were flying everywhere and the two play-fought. I smiled at the sight of seeing Key so happy. Everyone seemed happy here, but it only meant that leaving would be even more difficult.

*Brianna’s POV*

“Key, I can’t breathe!” I cried as he practically tickled me to death. His giggles made my stomach do back-flips and caused my heart to race, even in this crazy state.

He stood behind me, both of us bent over (me in my attempt to get him to stop tickling my stomach, and he in his attempt to continue) with his arms around me.

Key finally stopped with the tickle abuse, but he didn’t let me go. Instead he held his grip around me, his hot breath hitting my neck, making my stomach-butterflies even crazier.

“Brianna?” His voice purred into my ear, making a giant smile spread across my face.

“Yeah?” I asked, breaking from his grasp and turning to face him.

“Do you remember our first date?” he asked, playing around with my hand and slipping his fingers around mine.

“Mmmm, I think I do recall that; when you pushed me off the bench onto my ,” I raised an eyebrow.

“Oh and what was it you called me? Was it a stuck up diva?”

“No I didn’t!” I said in exasperation.

“Oh but you did! But it’s okay,” he leaned in closer with a smile, “because I know that’s what drives you crazy.”

I rolled me eyes, but then became serious. “Key, when was it that you first started to like me? Like… REALLY LIKE me.”

“Hmm,” he thought for a second, spinning me around while doing so so that he could wrap his arms around my waist from behind and rest his chin on my shoulder. “I think it was probably when I had to rescue you from the fish.”

“Oh gosh,” I blushed at the embarrassing memory.

“When did YOU first start liking me?” he asked, rocking us back and forth.

“Well, something seemed different about you after that day at the lake, but I didn’t understand. That road trip to the dance though… that’s when I knew for sure that I had feelings for you.”

He gave me soft kisses on my cheek. “I’m so glad you won the competition to meet us. If you hadn’t...” he paused for a second, “I don’t think I ever would’ve found out what true happiness feels like.”

We rocked back and forth in silence for a little while longer until I turned around to embrace him.

“Don’t leave me Key,” I cried into his arms. “I don’t want you to go.” I was squeezing him tightly, as if it would somehow make everything better. It didn’t, because I still had to face the reality that this was going to end.

“Brianna,” he held me just as close as he ran his hand through my hair. “We’ll see each other again, I promise you that. I could- hold on a minute.”

He pulled away and slipped off his jacket (The one he’s wearing in this picture: http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/jane678s/key-1.jpg).

“I want you to have this,” he said, draping the piece of clothing over my shoulders. “This way you’ll still have a part of me, even when we can’t be together.”

I set a hand gentle on the side of his face and stared up into his eyes. Though my tears made seeing difficult, I could still see that Key’s eyes were red and he was on the verge of crying as well. This sight only made me want to sob harder, but I kept it down for his sake.

“Thank you,” I squeaked out as I hugged him.

He gave me a tight squeeze before stepping back, “Now how about we finish making this spaghetti? I bet everybody is starving!”

“Alright,” I nodded in agreement and wiped away my tears. “Let’s do this together.”

He smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile back, despite the sadness that hung over me.