[F] Cold Nights (Jisoo x You)

Be My Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello All! Before you start reading this chapter I reccomend listening and reading the lyrics to Vixx's On a cold night because I used some of the lyrics as inspiration for this story. Other than that, have fun reading! 

--------------------------------------------------------------              

        You toss and turn for the third time of the night. Cold nights used to be the easiest to fall asleep to but now they're the most difficult for you. Nothing's really changed you were still in the same apartment, the same bedroom, and laying in the same bed but you no longer had the warmth you used to have in your arms. Every season when it starts getting cold it's like she haunts you and curses you by leaving the memories of how the two of you used to cuddle or wrap yourselves around a blanket when it's cold, your punishment well she makes sure you're miserable without her. She makes sure that you can't sleep without her. Kim Jisoo and you, the most memorable relationship you've had in your twenty-three years of dating. Everything with her was so laid back that the two of you never had any arguments. If either of you were upset you would immediately talk about it and own up to what you did wrong. People always used to ask you why her? Jennie and you went to the same boarding school, Roseanne and Lisa were the same age as you and a couple months younger than you. But you always said " When she pulls me into her arms it's my entire world. All the stress, doubts, and sadness are forgotten. " 

           Along the way in the middle of your relationship you were sure this was the woman you wanted to spend you entire life with. But then the two of you realized it wouldn't be possible. She's currently one of the members of the hottest girl group while you were on the way to inheriting your mother's business while going to medical school. Both of your jobs had so many demands eventually feelings started fading and you started drifting apart from each other. The hour before the both of you split you sat on the sofa of her dormitory. Her other members were out giving the two of you the privacy that was needed. 

 " What's going to happen to us? " Jisoo asks

 " Sooyah, I really don't know. " You answer

She nods. 

" Then should we end? " Jisoo suggests. 

You look at her speechless as she tries to calm down the atmosphere with her soft smile but it was so quiet that you could hear your heart slowly break. 

" I mean both of our jobs demand so much time. You're going to be a CEO soon and an assistant surgeon in your brother's hospital. You already know what my work schedule is like and we both know it's not going to lighten up. "She reasons. 

" Can't we fight for us? " You ask

" But how do we know that we won't be each other's burdens? " Jisoo replies. 

You don't say anything and let her continue. 

" I think we've tried to fight it long enough. Look at how distant it made us, I don't want it to continue because we'll only begin to have misunderstandings that weren't ever there. " She states. 

You nod. 

    You never remembered what happened after that night only that the next day the articles were released that Jisoo and you have decided to split and remain as friends. Things eventually started to get awkward with Jennie, she wasn't mad at either of you but she just found it so unfortunate that the relationship ended in a heartbreaking manner. But as Jisoo said, the both of you have jobs that are full of demands and neither of you could escape that. 

     Sometimes when you thought back to it you cursed yourself for being foolish and letting Jisoo go and thought you should have tried harder but what can be done now? It's been years since then and it was about time that the two of you move on. 

" Oof. What happened to you? Did you meet with your sleep paralysis demon again? " Kevin joked. 

You rolled your eyes as you took a sip of your cold brew. 

" Insomnia's back. " You answered. 

" You know you should really get yourself checked. You're working at a hospital for goodness sake! I'm scared one day you're going to walk into work without a soul." Kevin chirps. 

You chuckle. 

" I already am. " You thought. 

" Hey, if you're not busy I want to talk to you about a patient. " Your brother says. 

You nod. 

" Our discussion about your demon isn't over! " Kevin whispers. 

You ignore him as you walk with your brother to his office. 

" So how's your sleep paralysis demon? " He asks

" Did you seriously call me into your office just to ask about her? " You question. 

He shakes his head. 

" I'm asking because you're obviously shaken up by the news. " He replies. 

     You were resting up in the break room and letting your eyes rest after a tough surgery. There were a couple of times where you were certain that the surgery might not succeed but managed to pull through. Christain and Kevin were messing around and throwing popcorn at each other while Jamie was scrolling through channels on the television but accidentally stops when the news reporter announces the news. " Got7's Park Jinyoung and Blackpink's Kim Jisoo revealed to have been dating for a year. " Kevin immediately grabs the remote from Jamie and turns off the television as the three turns to look at you. You didn't react, you were just rubbing your eyes but they didn't know you were secretly wiping tears away. 

" Hey, you alright? " Christain asks

" It was bound to happen one day right? " You reply. 

The room was quiet. 

You chuckle softly. 

" Guys, don't worry I'm seriously alright. " You state. 

Your phone starts ringing and you walk out of the breakroom to take the call. Meanwhile, all of your friends were in the breakroom. 

" Sometime I forget they're no longer together. So I almost bring her up in conversations then I remember she's here and not with her anymore. " Kevin says. 

Jamie grabs her phone as she sees Jennie's contact name and picks up. 

" How is she taking it? " Jennie asks.

" She says she's alright. " Jamie answers.

" And you believe her? " Jennie questions. 

" Hell no. She still gets so stiff whenever she sees her on television. " Jamie states. 

Jenn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter