[N] So This Is What It Feels Like (Jennie x You)

Be My Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              She shrivels whenever she hears someone talking about you in the hallways. You weren't as popular as she was; however, that didn't mean that you were unknown to people. You had a mysterious aura that always made people curious about you. People who knew you only had good things to say while others who didn't know you wanted to be friends with you. You didn't have a specific group you always hang out with together. You hung out with whoever you felt like talking to that day. You spoke to everyone and didn't judge them like others. 

       Then there's her, Jennie Kim. She's a year older than you, and she only hung out with the popular people. Most of the people in her year were intimidated by her because of how cold she looked. It was hard to befriend her because she never talked to anyone outside of her friend circle. She's smart, pretty, rich, and she's a jack of all trades. Girls hate her, but everyone knows it's because they haven't found a single flaw on her other than her height. So when students from her year hear you defending her, it infuriates them. 

" Oh, come on. There's got to be something about her that you dislike? " Hannah asks

" There isn't a single thing. She's smart, talented, and pretty. What is there to dislike about her? " You remark

The other students scoff. 

" Maybe it's because she's so standoffish. " Stella replies

" She's such a for rejecting me. " Kai says. 

" Maybe because that's her personality? She never interacts with anyone outside of her circle of friends because she's reserved. Jongin, if you still can't get over that rejection, that's all on you. She didn't have to accept your little public event during lunch just because you worked so hard on it. " You answer

" Why are you defending her? " Hannah snickers. 

You shake your head, and you grab your stuff. 

" Because I don't listen to rumors. I listen to what someone has to say for themselves. Not what other people make up about them. " You state before walking away from the group.  

      Ever since then, Hannah and her clique have always made sure to send piercing glares at you whenever you walk by their way. You shrug it off, though. A group of people who had nothing better to do other than to talk bad about someone isn't a group you want to associate with. You were chilling in the student lounge since it was your free period. You were leaning back as you had earphones on and your phone in your right hand. You were scrolling through Twitter until Kevin sat in the unoccupied seat in front of you. 

" So word on the street is you defended Jennie Kim from the other juniors. " Kevin chirps. 

You pull out your earphones. 

" I believe that she's a good person. Besides, Hannah would do anything to try to sabotage her since they are rivals. " You answer. 

------------------------------------

 " Someone's not having a good day. " Jisoo says, looking at Hannah, who received her exam score. 

  Jennie shrugs. 

" Karma always bites back to those who talk smack. " Jennie announces. 

Everyone in the class heard and stays silent while Hannah goes stiff. Jennie and Jisoo leave the classroom. 

" So I heard your favorite sophomore defended you against the witch. " Jisoo teases

Jennie rolls her eyes. 

" I could care less about them. At least they're not bitter and shallow like how Hannah is. " Jennie replies

" I think Roseanne and Lisa have a class with them. You should stop by and thank them. " Jisoo suggests. 

" And why would I do that? " Jennie asks

" Why wouldn't you? It's not going to hurt you or your reputation. It's not like the kid is some brat. " Jisoo states. 

" It's not like I asked them to defend me either. Like me or hate me, it's up to them. " Jennie r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter