Chapter 27

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

I find myself in the elevator, couldn't fathom how this night went well than I expected.

I lean against the metal wall, biting my lip to suppress a wide smile. I fetch my phone from my back pocket and my eyes widen when I saw 9 miss calls and 3 text messages from Jisoo.

One of her messages reads:

Lisa, haven't you seen the news?
Today 4:30 pm

 

I freeze. What's going on? What news?

The elevator ding on my floor. I push myself to exit the elevator as I read the second message.

 

Lis, call me as soon as you read this.
Today 5:15pm

 

I start to panic and my heart is pumping rapidly. Why haven't I noticed the messages? Ugh! I look at the time and it's already 9 in the evening. So, it's around 5am in Korea. Oh, I hope Jisoo is already awake.

I dialed Jisoo's number but it's busy. I try again and it's still on busy tone. I decided to message Jisoo.

I read the last message before deciding to compose my message to Jisoo.

 

Lisa, Sajangnim wants to talk to you through video call. Be ready tomorrow around 10am, London time.
Today 7:09 pm

 

, this is definitely serious. I don't know what to do.

"Hey, Lisa. Stop panicking. Take a deep breath. It's probably nothing." I try to talk myself out.

I took a deep breath and close my eyes to compose myself. As I am breathing normally, I type my message to Jisoo.

Hey, Chu. I'm so sorry I just got your text. Is everything alright?

Sent.

I hurriedly walk back to my room and settle on the edge of the bed. I take my computer that is placed on the bedside table and immediately open a new Tab. I know this news involves Jennie since Jisoo and Sajangnim are trying to get a hold of me. As I type the Naver website on my computer I try to shake the possibility that this news that Jisoo is referring is also involved me. Because if it is, one thing is for sure, it is about Jennie and I's secret relationship.

The Naver website immediately pops out on my screen and my eyes suddenly went wide as I read various News article about Jennie.

 

BREAKING: K-pop sensation Jennie Kim dating son of well-known Korean millionaire.

 

SPOTTED: Singer Jennie Kim on total PDA with her man in a famous street near Gangnam.

 

YG Ent. denied rumors regarding dating news between artist Jennie Kim and Kang Daeho, however recent revealed photos say otherwise.

 

Photos? What photos?

My finger shakes as I navigate the cursor on the article. I click on it and photos of Jennie and Daeho spotted being together and rather being intimate invaded the screen. My nostril flare with anger as I look at these photos. Who the heck posted this?!

       

I am in the middle of cursing whoever behind this before I hear my phone rang. I quickly fetch my phone out from my pocket and immediately press the answer button when I saw Jisoo's name.

"Jisoo!" I call.

"Lisa, did you see the news?" She asks.

"Yes, Chu. I'm actually looking at it right now." I breathe heavily. "How did this got out? I thought Sajangnim took care of this?"

"He did, Lis, but those photos that you saw in his office was just Daeho visiting Jennie's hotel. It was easy to deny it, but these recent photos. . ." She pauses but then continues, "this will be hard to deny. You can clearly identify that it's Jennie with Daeho."

! I curse mentally.

"What should I do then, Chu?" I ask while mentally navigating how to solve this.

"That's the hard question. Unfortunately, there's nothing else we can do. The YGE is already in a bad position since the company denied the rumors. But then the photos got out, it's like a slap on the face especially to Sajangnim. He's disappointed, Lis." Her voice is low. "Because he thought you lied to him." She adds.

I breathe out in defeat. I massage my temple with my free hand. "I didn't lie to him, Chu. When I told him that Jennie and Daeho are not in a relationship, that was the truth."

"Then what's with these photos, Lis?" She asks calmly.

I try to contemplate whether I'm in the right position to tell Jisoo about Jennie and Daeho's past set-up. Whatever it might be, I know I can trust Jisoo.

"Jennie and Daeho were not in a relationship, however, they were intimate," I tell Chu and the other line become silent for a few seconds.

"You mean they're sleeping with eac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter