Chapter 9

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next day...

Lisa

"Yes, yes of course I understand." I said as i nod like the caller can see me. "I'll inform Jennie about it. Yes, yes. Thank you. We'll see you then." I excitedly said before dropping the call.

I'm currently at the living room reviewing and updating Jennie's schedule on the tablet. As i scan over her schedule something caught my attention. "It's already 11:30 am, isn't she hungry?" I murmured and glanced upstairs. I stood up from the couch, setting the tablet on the table and went to the kitchen. I opened the refrigerator, "Does she like home cooked meals or should i just order?" I said as i ponder while scanning what's in the refrigerator. "This is one of the things i should probably asked her. I mean, managers should know what their artist likes and dislikes."

I shrugged and got some ingredients inside the refrigerator. Good thing Jennie's has some noddles and vegetables that can help me make Japchae. I wasn't born or raised here in Korea but i'm much knowledgeable when it comes to their culture, language, and especially their delicious cuisines----my favorite of all.

I started to cook and slowly the unit was being filled with the aroma from the pan.

"I wonder if i should call Jennie. She might be starving from all that sleeping." I chuckled.

I set the table after cooking and served the Japchae on the plate. I smiled because of my achievement and decided to wake up Jennie. I know she told me not to disturb her last night but I'm worried she might starve.

I stopped in front of her room and knocked, but she didn't answer. I leaned closer and put my ear against the door. I tried to listen to any sound coming from the room but i was stunned when someone opened the door. I almost got off my balance but good thing i was able to hold on to the frame of the door. Phew, hehehe. I felt a pair of eyes glaring at me. I slowly raised my head to meet the owner of those eyes. I saw her looking at me half-lidded, raising her brow. I jerked backing away from the door. "Hehehe, you're awake." I said like it wasn't obvious while scratching my nape.

"What are you doing?" She said while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hmm, i was just wondering if your hungry." I awkwardly laughed.

"And you think you'll know that by eavesdropping from my door?" She said seriously.

"Oh, no no no. I wasn't eavesdropping, i swear." I said as i raised my right hand to a promised. Jennie on the other hand just continued looking at me while raising her brow.

"Anyways, I made Japchae. Are you hungry?" I said changing the topic and flashed her an awkward smile. She didn't uttered any word but just led her way downstairs. I grinned, "I guess she's hungry." I whispered enough for her not to hear me.

I followed her downstairs heading to the dining table.

"Sit." I politely ordered her before glancing at me and taking a seat, then I settled myself across from her. "Here, I hope you like it." I brought the plate near her. She hesitated for a little while but then brought her chopsticks over the plate serving herself some Japchae. I watched her as she opened for her first bite. I raised both of my brow anticipating her reaction. She noticed that i'm looking and she furrowed her brows. "What?"

"How was it?" I asked curiously while smiling. "The food." I pointed at it.

She shrugged, "It's fine." Taking another bite.

"Just fine?" I asked pouting, slumping my shoulder. She looked at me weirdly. "What do you want me to say, then?"

"Ohh, nothing." I shrugged. "By the way, the staff of the commercial called me earlier. They said, change of plans." I said to change the subject.

"Change of plans? What do they mean by that?" She asked.

"They said that the location for your commercial just changed. Instead doing the commercial here in Seoul, they said you should do it in Jeju." I informed her. She nodded and asked, "When should we go?"

"We have to be in Jeju tomorrow afternoon, then the day after that is the shoot." I responded. "I'll book our tickets right now." I said grabbing my phone from my pocket. After few minutes, done.

"You should pack your bags right away." I said to her and she just nodded and continued eating. I noticed that she almost clean her plate. I chuckled, "So, did you sleep well? Are you feeling okay? I asked.

"Yeah, i'm fine." She said as she look at her plate.

"Did you drink the water that i gave you last night?"

"Yeah, i did."

"Did you think my cooking is delicious?"

"Yeah, it is..." She paused and stared at me.

Hehehehe, gotcha.

"Why are you so obsessed whether i like the food or not?" She asked frowning.

"Because if you like it, I'll try to cook it more often for you." I said as i innocently smiled at her.

"You will?" She asked raising her brows not believing me.

"Of course." I nodded.



 

The room went quiet for a while as we continue to eat.

"Jennie?" I called her and she lift her head up to look at me. "Have you always dreamed to be a performer?" I asked out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter