Chapter 1

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It's okay been 5 years since i stepped onto this familiar soil of Seoul. Seeing familiar landmarks that i used to go with my friends left me in nostalgic feeling. I missed being here. I missed the food, the place, and the people. It's funny to say, but i kind of felt more at home while being here.

 

 

 

 

5 years ago, during in my 3rd year as a Business Management student, i was forced to leave school and return to Thailand because of an urgent matter. Now, 5 years later i'm back and i hope for good. I don't think i can go back to Thailand anymore, not after what happened.

 

                            ••••

 

It's a Monday, and Seoul was busy as ever. Everyone was busy heading for work, school or maybe trying their luck in finding a job. At least i'm not the only one. Yup, you heard it right. I'm unemployed. I'm searching for a possible job that can help me at least pay my rent for the next month. After leaving Thailand, i only got enough money in my savings account to last me a month.

 

Currently, i'm in a café in Hongdae surfing on my laptop for more possible job recruitment. I already sent bunch of my resumé in various job vacancies and so far no luck. To be honest i kind of expected it.

 

It's hard looking for a job in Seoul trust me, especially someone with an unfinished degree and a foreign. Right now, I'm desperate to accept any job that will pop out. I might even accept a job as a stripper. Well, i guess i'm not THAT desperate.

 

So far i'm at eased, especially with my ice latte helping me to calm down. And it's only been day 1, there's still tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that. 

 

! What if I don't find a job and end up living on the street? Go hungry and die?! 

 

Aish! My pessimistic side is definitely not helping me. 

 

Deep breaths, Lisa. You can do this!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was so engrossed to my laptop when suddenly someone called me. I lifted my head up to look at the caller.

 

"Jisoo?" I furrowed my forehead as i can't believe who i saw.

 

"Lisa? It is you!" 

 

She  walked towards me with a bright smile as i stood from where i was situated reciprocating her with a smile. 

 

She hugged me as i hugged her back.

 

"Oh my ghad, Lisa, it's so nice to see you again." She said as we broke the hug.

 

"It's so nice to see you too, Jisoo. How are you?" 

 

"Been great. How about you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter