Chapter 15

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

 

I don't have words to what I did. Seriously, no words.

 

Part of me questioned my actions, but my other part clearly understood it. Did I always want to do it that's why I did it?

 

God, Jen. You're giving away too much. Too much. What are you supposed to do? You can't use the 'drunk card' excuse anymore. You're complete sober!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The car was filled with shared silence. The air inside the car starts to thicken, hard for me to breathe. Embarrassment filled my whole body as the scene from earlier kept repeating like a broken record inside my head. Ugh!

 

I bit my fingernails as I try to let my eyes avoid the one person that caused the butterflies in my stomach and goosebumps all over my body.

 

I decided to steal a glance at the woman in front. Her face looks soft, eyes focused on the road. I couldn't stop thinking about what's going on in Lisa's head. She's been quiet after the... the... ugh! Am I the only one who can't stay put? I can't even see her falter a bit. Was it nothing to her? Did she just kiss me because I kissed her? Did I look desperate since I kissed her first?

 

Unlike me, It was everything.

 

I kissed her because I already decided to put down half of my guard, taking a risk. Having control of my happiness. But... did I just do the wrong move?

 

Looking at Lisa, I really couldn't fathom what's going on inside her head why she's so quiet, yet there's calmness on her face.

 

My life reduced ten years from shock when Lisa unexpectedly looked over her shoulder catching me on the act. I heard my neck snapped by my sudden jerk turning my head to the side. Ouch...

 

 

 

 

•••• 

 

 

 

 

We arrived at the condo after a long shared silence. I stepped out from the van after Lisa opened the door for me. I walked first while she follows. I speed up my pace trying to get away from awkwardness in between. I rubbed my neck continuing to walk faster, getting away for God knows what.

 

I stopped in front of one of the elevator waiting for it open after pushing the 'up button'. I look to my right seeing Lisa just a couple steps away from me. Come on, come on, come on... I tap my feet impatiently waiting for the elevator. I don't know why, but I just want to get away from Lisa.

 

I heard the elevator ding, but unfortunately, it was not the elevator that I was waiting. Suddenly, someone grabbed my wrist pulling me towards the other elevator.

 

I saw the elevator closed and my eyes traveled to the hand on my wrist and to its owner. Lisa..

 

"I don't know why you're so eager to get to your unit, but don't worry we'll get there eventually." She said bringing her eyes to mine. Another wave of blush came running to my face; not only because of how she warmly stared at me but also the way her oddly warm hand clutch to my wrist.

 

She pushed the 10th floor where my unit is located.

 

I felt her hand unclutched my wrist and move to hold my hand. My heart almost jumps right out from chest from the sudden contact. My eyes jump from our hand to her eyes. She gazes at me having her lips pursed to a smile.

 

All of my worries, all of my delusional worries from the van disappeared altogether. Just the way Lisa hold my hand and gaze at my eyes made me calm and assured.

 

 

 

••••

 

 

Lisa

 

Her hand... her hand on mine... It feels so perfect.

 

I thought the minute I'll hold her hand she will pull her's away. Thank God she didn't.

 

I know I've been quiet the whole drive and I'm so guilty about it. I couldn't utter any words even though I wanted to. I was so afraid that maybe I'll ruin the moment... our moment.

 

I never acted towards a girl like this before; all quiet and unconfident, especially after a girl kiss me. But I know Jennie wasn't just any girl. The moment her lips touched mine it sent me through the heavens of full bliss. I know I kissed her before when she was completely drunk but oddly enough her lips felt diffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter