Chapter 11

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa
 

It's the end of my second week; it's been tough but I'm getting the hang of it. Now, I have to submit my weekly report via email. Good thing Jennie found remorse from my situation sleeping on her couch, she finally let me use her available room for me to do my work. Thank you Korean Jesus! 
 

I'm on my third page out of five when my phone rang.

"Yup!" I answered without looking at the caller.

"Lisa?" The voice from the other line said.

"Yes, this is she. Can I know who's calling?" I asked while typing on my laptop.

"This is Irene." I furrowed, took the phone between my ear and shoulder and look at the caller ID. Unknown number.

"Oh, Irene." I stopped typing and turn my swivel chair opposite from the table.

"I hope I wasn't bothering you." She said with the hint of uncertainty in her voice.

"You're not. It's fine. I was just finishing my weekly report." I informed her. The other line went quiet for a second then she spoke, "Well, if it is okay, maybe after you're done with your report we can hang out."

"Oh, I'm not sure, Irene." I said, now with full of uncertainty. "I still need to ask Jennie if she'll not be needing me today."

"Does she have a schedule today?"

"No, but..." I wasn't able to finish my sentence when she interrupt me. "That's perfect. I mean, if she doesn't have schedule or anything, maybe she'll let you have a day off, just for today." She said excitedly.

"Well, maybe I can ask her then."

"Great. Call me later?"

"Sure." I said before ending the call. I took a deep breath, Is this even the right thing to do?

After half an hour, I finally finished my report and sent it, then I got up from my chair and approached the door. I opened the door very slowly causing a little creak. I peeked outside to see if Jennie's door was open since the room i'm staying was just beside from hers.

It's close. Is she still asleep? I checked my watch and it's already 9:30 am. I went out fully from the room and approached her door. I composed myself before knocking. No one answered. I knocked again. Still nothing. Then, I heard a shattered glass coming from downstairs. I furrowed my brows and promptly head downstairs.

I saw her in the kitchen staring at the floor. I couldn't see what she's looking since the table counter was blocking my view. I hurriedly walked to the kitchen and circled around the counter to see a shattered glass bowl. She gathered the broken glasses and immediately hissed. My eyes widen when I saw blood from her finger. She stood up while I immediately grab a paper towel. I walked towards her and grabbed her wrist.

 

••••

 

Jennie

I was taken back when she suddenly grabbed my wrist and held it clos. She brought the table napkin and stationed it on my hand to stop the bleeding. She was so focused on my hand that her next move stunned me. She brought my finger to her lips and the blood. My eyes grew wide because of her sudden action.

"W..what are you doing?!" I questioned as i try to pull my hand away but her hold was to firm.

"I'm trying to stop the bleeding and see if there's a glass stuck in your finger." She mumbled as she stare at my finger with the hint of worry. My brows furrowed and I gazed at her.

"I'm not a kid you know." I mumbled back. She brought her eyes to me while her brows raised, looking amused. "I'm not saying you are." She let out a smirk. I don't know why but I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Wait here." She commanded and left me in the kitchen. A minute later, she approached me and grabbed my wrist again. "This might sting a little." She informed and dab a wet cotton on my finger. I hissed. "I'm sorry" She said like she felt my pain. She continue to gently dab the cotton, and then she put bandaid over my wound, "There..."

Throughout the process, I can't contain the unfamiliarity of her action. The way she got worried over a small thing makes me confused. I mean, yes she's my manager, but even my former managers never treat me the way she does. Honestly, no one did.

I've been living with Lisa for a two weeks now, and I should be frustrated, infuriated even by the fact that she's around. But for some unknown reason I kind of feel comfortable. Secure.

I snapped from my thoughts when she spoke, "What were you doing anyways?" She asked before scanning the kitchen. She furrowed her forehead accompanied by a smirk. "Are you planning to cook?" The bowls and ingredients on the counter gave her the hint.

"What is it to you?" I gave her a cold look.

"It's just that... I didn't know you can cook... can you cook?" She challenged.

I half-lidded at her, "Watch me."

I don't know what happened or what gone into my mind that I had the urge to prove something to her. I guess the way how many times she surprised me with her action, I kind of want to do the same. Aish, Jennie. You're going mad. 


 

I continue to cook while she watch me from the counter top, seated on one of the round seats. I'll be happy though if she'll just stay quiet but she continue to provoke me by questioning my skills. Like, "Are you sure about what you're doing?", "I don't think that's right...", "I think you're going to burn your kitchen." I can't help but just roll my eyes in the process.

I was now preparing for my plating when someone called the goof. She excused herself and answered her phone.

"Irene..." I heard in a whisper before she fully dismissed herself from the kitchen.

So, they've been in contact, huh? I thought as my lips twitch with bitterness "I don't care." I whispered to myself. 


 

••••

 

Third Person

The blonde returned to the kitchen just in time when Jennie finished plating.

"Hmmm, smells great." The blonde said while sniffing. "So, are you going to share it with me?" She let out a playful grin as she sit back at the counter.

"Why would I?" The brunette came out a little cold that caused confusion at the blonde. "Hmmm? Everything alright?" How could the brunette answer that when even herself don't know the answer.

Jennie sighed, "Yeah I'm fine." She brought the plate and gave it to the blonde. "Here." The blonde raised her brows not believing the brunette's action. "To prove you wrong." The brunette stated.

Lisa looked intently to the brunette across the counter with an arch on her lips. "You already did, Jennie." She uttered that caused Jennie to meet her eyes. Jennie knew it wasn't just her cooking skills that Lisa meant. They gaze at each other for a while before Jennie avert

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter