Chapter 8

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

We arrived at this famous club near Gangnam to meet up with Rosé. We entered the place being bombarded by loud music and stench of alcohol. As my eyes adjust to the darkness of the room, i saw bunch of people dancing on the dance floor and some were just seated casually drinking either alone or with their partners.

As I trailed behind the unbothered Jennie, we entered into one of their VIP rooms where Rosé was already situated on one of the sofa waiting for Jennie. Rosé brought her attention to us and approached Jennie with a smile. She gave Jennie a hug and a kiss on the cheek while Jennie reciprocated as well.

"Hey, Chaeyoung." Jennie greeted. Chaeyoung? Probably a nickname.

Rosé pulled out from the hug and looked at Jennie with a wide smile. "Hey! Glad you could come. I thought your manager won't let you." She said the last sentence with a chuckle and as a whisper but i was still able to hear it, Risé knew it since she glanced at me with a grin. I just let out a small smirk.

"She almost didn't." The brunette said with a hint of frustration sparing a glare at me.

She was right i almost didn't agree with the idea of going to a club. I know Jennie's already in the legal age to do so and the company already laid off her restrictions on clubbing, but still as her manager i have to supervise, control, and take care of her. Especially with alcohol and amateur paparazzi.

I shrugged after Jennie's statement making Rosé laugh. "Well, that's how managers supposed to be, right?" Rosé winked at me playfully while Jennie just rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, what is important that you guys are here now. So, let's get drinkin'!!" Rosé throw her hands over her head showing great enthusiasm for alcoholic drinks. I chuckled.

"Should i get drinks for the
both of you?" I asked shifting my eyes from Jennie to Rosé.

"It's fine Lisa, I already did. Let's just sit." Rosé said gesturing to sit at the table. Jennie and Rosé settled themselves and I remained standing, "It's fine. You can both have your drinks here. I'll just be at the bar."

Rosé look at me with confusion while Jennie remained silent and not looking at me. "Why?" Rosé asked.

"That's how it should be, right?" I said as i raised both of my brows.

"Nonsense. Why would you drink at the bar when you can drink with us right here?" She retorted. I glanced at Jennie as she eyed Rosé not liking the idea.

"Hahaha, no it's fine, and I think you guys need some privacy." I insisted. Rosé was about to speak but I stopped her, "If you'll be needing me, i'll be outside." I bowed. Before stepping out from the room, i took one last look at Jennie, "Ms. Jennie, please don't drink too much." I pleaded before our eyes met and I let out a genuine smile.

As I exit the room, went straight to the bar and ordered a soda since i'll still be driving tonight.
 

••••

 

Rosé

My eyes followed Lisa as she exited the VIP room. I brought my attention back to Jennie and glared at her. "See, what you did?"

She looked at me innocently, "What did i do?"

"You did nothing, that's what you did. You supposed to asked her to join us." I saw her rolled her eyes. "Why would I?"

Aish, this girl.

"Jennie, It seems that Lisa is a really great person and she's trying really hard for her job. And, she's pretty sincere if you asked me about this job unlike your former managers who just treat you as their income generator." I said seriously. "And how she asked Sajangnim to live with you was very gutsy." I chuckled. She stared at me with furrowed brows. "How did you know she's living with me?" She asked. Oops. I let out an awkward laugh and scratch my nape, "Well, some birdy told me. But that's not important. What is important is that i need a drink, you need a drink, so let's drink." I tried to change the subject and just like on cue the waiter entered the room serving our drinks. Phew









 

"Did they already told you when is your comeback?" I asked while sipping on my martini.

"Nope, not yet. But they said maybe earlier next year. I haven't really finished my recording and I still have to shoot my music video before that." Jennie said. "But it almost got cancelled because of that monkey outside." Her expression turned to annoyed.

"Monkey? You mean your manager? Why?" I asked like I didn't know already.

"Apparently, Sajangnim said if I don't agree with her staying with me he'll cancel my comeback." She said glaring at the exit.

"Woah, I guess you don't have a choice then?"

"Of course I don't. I've been waiting for my next comeback for almost a year now. All i want is to perform." She said sincerely. I gave her a weak smile, "I know Jennie and you definitely belong to the stage."

"But i'm a little nervous, to be honest." She said lowering her head.

"Huh? Why is that?" I curiously asked. I mean it's normal for a performer to be nervous about their next comeback but it's unusual if we talked about Jennie. She always had this drive and confidence on and off stage, so i'm a little curious why.

She took a deep breath and looked at me, "I've been in hiatus for almost a year Chae and i'm nervous if my fans gone tired waiting for me." She said before taking shot.

Ohhhh, so that's what it is. I smiled on my thoughts.

A lot of people who've been watching Jennie's every move might call her cold or even a for that matter, but I know her fans knew her for who she is, because true fans never falter or grow tired.

I reached for her shoulder, "Hey, don't be nervous because i know if it takes you 1 year or even 5 years your true fans will wait for you, i will wait for you. I'm your number one fan you know. Hahaha. So, don't worry to much." I gave her a wide smile.

She laughed at my antics and smiled, "Thank you, Chae."




 

After our few glasses of Martini, we decided to go to the dance floor. The club was full of people. The music was blasting so hard that your heartbeat was in sync to the rhythm.

I scan the bar for a familiar blonde but unfortunately the club was so crowded that I wasn't able to look for Lisa, not to mention Jennie was already dragging to to the middle of the dance floor. I kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter