Chapter 12

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jennie's at YGE drowning herself working on her music for her upcoming comeback, while her manager was at the cafeteria to fetch her something to eat.

"Lisa!" A voiced echoed behind the blonde. She turned her head to meet the owner. "Oh, Jisoo. Been a while." She said while she hugs the latter. "Yeah, I know. Been busy and I know you are too." Both chuckled. "Kind of. Well, since Jennie's schedule had been light so far I still don't consider myself busy."

"If that's the case, wait till Jennie's comeback. You'll be super busy for sure, especially on her promotional period. " The blonde acted dead that made her friend laugh.

"What are you getting by the way?" Jisoo asked.

"Oh, I'm just getting Jennie something to eat. She's been recording for nearly 2 hours, so I'm guessing she's hungry."

"Oh, cool. You won't have a problem on that, she likes anything that is Korean." Jisoo chuckled. "By the way, how is it hangin? How's life treating you, I mean how's Jennie treating you?" She added.

"Better than I expected." Lisa stated.

"Really?" Jisoo furrowed her brows not believing Lisa's statement.

"Yeah, I mean... she's quite mean sometimes, especially that time when she gave me her bottle of condensed milk for my strawberries. Aside from that, everything's fine."

"O..kay. How is that mean? That's quite a nice gesture."

"Yeah.. yeah it is. Except for the fact that she knew that the condensed milk was already expired-----5 months ago." Lisa said without wearing any expression.

"Ohhhhhhh. Classic Jennie." Jisoo smiled bitterly.

"Yeah.." Lisa quickly let out and both laughed.


 

••••

 

"By the way, Jisoo. Do you know a person named, Jo Junseong?" Lisa asked while they walked back to the recording studio. "Jo Junseong? You mean the reporter?" Jisoo clarified.

"So, my hunch is right. He is a reporter."

"Don't tell me he talked to you.." Jisoo stopped on her tracks and stared at Lisa.

"He did, last week. He kept asking me about Jennie."

"That guy is really annoying. He just can't stop can he?" Jisoo sighed while shaking her head.

"Is there something about that guy?" The manager curiously asked.

"He's a reporter that is always following Jennie around. When I was Jennie's temp manager, he always bug me to tell him information about her that he can use for a headline. He's obsessed on finding information about Jennie that he can make money out of." Jisoo said while rolling her eyes.

"For how long, now?" The manager furrowed her brows.

"For almost a year already, I think." Jisoo said while staring into thin air pondering something. "By the way, what kind of info does he want to know this time?"

"He asked me if Jennie really is dating the son of the famous businessman... named Daeho?." She squinedt her eyes.

"And...? Does she?" Jisoo rose her brows.

"I don't know exactly." Lisa let out a sheepish smile.

Jisoo pursed her lips for a smile, "Well, that's your job to figure that out. We don't want the press, especially that Junseong to get that info first.

The manage slowly nod, "I will Jisoo."

 

"Now off you go. Jennie might already be hungry." Jisoo's emotion drastically changed from serious to perky while softly slapping Lisa's that earns a chuckle from the latter.










 

Lisa entered the recording studio stealthily where Jennie was busy recording. Lisa stationed herself on the couch and listened to the singer. It wasn't her first time hearing Jennie sing, I mean she already listened to every tracks of Jennie , but it is definitely her first time seeing the brunette so devoted to her work. You can really see the passion in her eyes the way she handles her craft. Pretty hands on and a perfectionist.

Jennie exited from the vocal booth and reviewed her recording by listening to it. She stood there behind the controls, so focused on listening to every note.

Her manager slowly approached. "Jennie, I brought food. You should eat first." Lisa uttered.

"Later." The singer simply said without looking at her manager.


 

Another hour had past and still the singer wasn't even half finished. She made a lot of revisions and omissions on her music. Her manager kept offering her food but the singer also kept refusing and continued working on her music.

The blonde saw that Jennie was already exhausted for working 5 hours straight without having to intake any solid food, but she does think that the singer still has no plan to rest. She's professional all right, but I think she also want to die of hunger, Lisa thought. This had been Lisa's problem since Jennie's started to work on her next comeback. The latter was so stubborn especially when her manager ask her to eat or even rest. The singer always ignore her order and continued her thing. Lisa was getting annoyed that's for sure but she never show it. She understood that the singer was just being herself when it comes to her music. Again, being a perfectionist. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter