Chapter 17

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

Seeing this Daeho guy wrapped his arm around Jennie and pressing his lips on her makes me want to vomit but mostly I want to strangle his neck. But I'm not a pathetic person to stand there and watch them at it, especially when Jennie didn't do anything about it.

I made my way to the kitchen and grab a glass of water to push down the bile that is about to get out. I propped my hands on the kitchen counter shifting half of my weight on my arms. I took a deep breath controlling the uninvited jealousy devouring over me.

Who am I to get jealous anyway? Last time I checked, I'm not into the position to be.

I laugh at my stupid behavior. What did I even expect?

 

I calm my breath when I unexpectedly heard two different voices conversing. One from Jennie and the other is the guy's voiced to be exact. Daeho, is it?

"I don't care whatever your excuse, Daeho. We talked about this. You can't just do whatever you pleased." Frustration or maybe annoyance in her voice.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I just. . . I just really missed you, Jennie. And I was getting worried since you haven't answered my calls." Was she ignoring him? Why?

It became quite for a while when the Daeho guys spoke. "Jennie. . ."

"I'm sorry if I haven't been in contact with you. I was just so busy with work." Jennie said. To think about it, I've noticed someone's been calling him like last time she was in the studio but she chose to ignore it. Was that him?

"It's alright. I understand, babe." I roll my eyes. Funny I know.

"What is it, Daeho?" I heard Jennie asked.

"Oh. . . Ah. . . Actually, I came here not only because I missed you, but I also came here because I want to tell you something." I continue to eavesdrop.

"Jennie, we've known each other for almost 2 months now, and I know our relationship is just pure . . ." My eyes widen with the information and something inside me starts to sting. ". . . but you know that I care about you more than you can imagine. From the start, you know that I always want something more from you." I took a deep breath.

"Daeho, whatever you're going to say, don't" I heard her say.

"So, what I want to ask you is that. . ." He paused but then continued ". . . Jennie, do you want to be my girlfriend?" .

I heard something I wasn't supposed to hear and I thought I felt like everything is deafening me.

I jerked away realizing how pathetic I look eavesdropping to someone's conversation. I straighten my stance and walk further away to avoid hearing their conversation. . . specifically hearing what Jennie respond will be.

By the information I've gathered by eavesdropping; which something i"m not proud of. . . Jennie and that guy knew each other for 2 months now and they've been sleeping together. Ugh! The thought of Jennie sleeping with that guy angers me. I'm so freakin pathetic!

Of course, Jennie will say yes to be his girlfriend, I mean, why wouldn't she? Look at the guy. . . he's rich, dresses good, he's handsome, and of course, let's not forget the fact that they've been sleeping together.

Thinking about it more, Jennie's been with just guys all her life, isn't she? As far as I know, she has never been with the same , let alone in a relationship with one.

Before I started working for her, of course, I've done my homework by looking up information about her on the internet and of course asking Jisoo.

I'm being paranoid, to be honest. I snapped from my train of thought when I heard Jennie's voice louder than the usual, "I heard you the first time."

I hurriedly went back to the living room where I can sense a thick atmosphere all over. I saw Jennie and Daeho just feet from each other. Looking at Jennie's face, she definitely angry. What the heck happen?

Not noticing my presence, this Daeho guy started but then Jennie cut him, "Jen--"

"Don't. Why did you even ask me to be your girlfriend, Daeho? What do you expect?" She sternly asked. "Answer me." Distaste on her voice.

"I thought we can be more or even continue what we have even I'm engaged or married. . ." What the heck? ". . .Because I don't feel anything towards that woman. I want to be committed to you, Jen, not to her. I want to--"

"Stop talking, Daeho. Can hear yourself? You sound so stupid." She clenched my jaw and continued. "What do you think of me, Daeho? Some kind of a , to get involved with someone who's planning to get married to someone else? Do you expect me to be your ing mistress?" Jennie laughed mockingly but obviously offended.

Now, this guy has been giving me more reason to strangle him.

"Jen. . ."

"Get out," Jennie said without looking at him.

"Jen, please. . ." He grabbed her by the arms. I took a step forward ready to lunch at him but I stopped myself.

"I said, get out, Daeho." She finally brought her eyes towards him and glared at him.

"Baby. . . we can talk about this." Baby? Seriously?

"Get your hands off me, Daeho." I saw Jennie tried to get out of his hold.

I can't take it anymore, so I decided to in.
 

"You heard her," I said for them, especially him to hear me. "Get your hands off her," I commanded.

Seeing he's not planning to do so, "Are you deaf or just plain stupid?" I tried to sound as harsh as possible.

He finally let go of her arms and fully faced me with a mocking smirk on his face. "Excuse me? And who the hell are you to not mind your own business?" He said towards me. I laughed in my thoughts.

"I'm her manager, and that means whatever situation that Jennie is involved, it is always my business. So, once again, listen to her and get out from this unit if you have empathy left in your body." I said as confidently as possible.

He became quiet and took a sigh and looked at Jennie, "I'm sorry, Jen." He said before walking away to the exit. The door slammed and silence threatening to cover the whole place.

I avert my eyes away from Jennie, avoiding possible conversation. I don't think I'm ready to talk to her.

The doorbell rang, "I'll get that," I said without looking at her.

I approach the door knowing it's finally the Chinese food I ordered.

I came back to the living room seeing Jennie still standing on her spot. I approached the coffee table beside her, placing the food on the table.

As I do my job, I can feel her eyes are on me and I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter