Chapter 18

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

I started to pace around the unit back and forth waiting for Jennie to turn up. It's already 6 pm and I thought Rosé and her just want to grab lunch? Why are they taking so long?

I tried to call her multiple times but the machine was the one answering hinting that she turned off her phone.

I also checked the current news and dispatch because maybe some paparazzi caught her somewhere, but none, none at all.

Where is she?

She wasn't supposed to go out without my supervision. She wasn't supposed to go without me.

I grabbed my phone once again and dialed her number and for the nth time, the machine answered it. What the heck?

I brought my fingers on my nose bridge as I wait for Jennie to open the door.

Minutes passed, and when it's finally 7:13 I heard the door being opened. She's here.

I waited in the living room and crossed my arms as she entered the room.

"Where have you been?" I asked her immediately. She was dumbfounded for a short while before she answered, "I had lunch with Chaeyoung, remember?"

I rolled my eyes, "Lunch happens at noon, Jennie. And how can a lunch last this long?" I asked obviously with full sarcasm.

"We went shopping, okay?" She said lifting a shopping bag on her hand. "So, can you please stop being dramatic?" She rolled her own eyes and turned her heels towards the stair.

Am I being dramatic? How can she tell me I'm being dramatic since it's my job to know where she was. And if, just if something happened to her and some paparazzi caught her and CEO will know I wasn't on the scene, I will definitely lose my job. Or at least get scolded.

"You didn't answer my calls or even update me where you are. And last time I checked I am your manager, Jennie so, I'm pretty sure I have the right to be dramatic." Anger being sensed in my voice as I followed her. I heard her scoffed but didn't say anything. She began to climb up the stairs as I continue to follow her.

"Jennie, I thought we're okay-" I slightly caught off guard when she halted and turned to face me. We were standing in front of her room.

"How do you even do that?" She asked, greeting her teeth.

"Do what?" Confusion written on my entire face.

She let her hand through her frustratedly, "That!" She said loudly signaling on me. "How can you act as if nothing happened? How can you act all professional on me? You kissed me remember?" She asked more like a demand.

"You kissed me first." Words were coming out before I tried to stop them.

"Wow, just wow."

"I. . ." I tried to tell her that I didn't mean that but words didn't flow that easily because I knew I was guilty. I did act all professional on her, well at least I tried. Oh man, I really tried. Throughout the day I couldn't stop looking at her. During the meeting, I tried to not look like an idiot smiling at her when she tried to explain the concept for her album but she just couldn't put it to words, so she drew it instead. The staff was so amazed by her. She was so passionate about her work that she wants the best for it.

There was this moment that our eyes met but I'm the one who tried to look away because I can feel a blush coming right out of my face. I don't want her to see that. But I guess she took that the wrong way. And how can she say that I act as if nothing happened? She didn't know anything. If only she knew.

She scoffed amusingly from my long silence, "I guess you're good at that..." I brought my eyes to look at her fur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter