Chapter 32

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

I feel like the adrenaline is rushing through my body.

After two agonizing days, the professional investigator and his team finally found the reporter after a long search for his locations. It's not a shocking truth to me that after spreading those photos he will go hiding. However, I guess whoever is backing him up was never a smart one to cover up for his associate's whereabout. Of course, when you get a hold of the spawn you'll have a better edge to get a hold of the king, and right now my first priority is to find out who the heck is trying to mess with me.

I mean, I'll probably shrug off this matter if only, IF only those photos were uploaded for most obvious reason----for CONTENT or NEWS. But nope, those photos were uploaded for something personal, and so, personal he or she'll get.

••••

The second that Lisa received a call from the company saying the PI found the reporter and he's holding him for questioning, we immediately drove to the PI's office to finally meet him face-to-face.

As Lisa and I enter the establishment, my two guards settled outside securing that no one is lurking around the area that will make this situation a big deal; which for me it is. Yet, I just want this process to be quiet. No drama.

The PI leads us to his office where the reporter is comfortably situated on the sofa at the corner with an annoying smirk. I so want to confront him right then and then but I don't want to look desperate as if he did some major ruining on my career; which he totally didn't.

"The famous Jennie Kim in the flesh." The reporter said with all smugness. "How do I owe this pleasure?"

My lips curve to a smirk from his confidence. Does he think he's invincible?

"You clearly know what I want from you. So, why don't you spare our valuable time and get on with it." I told him as I crossed my arms in front of me.

He scoffs like I just told him a joke. God, this guy has some nerve.

"You're a smart woman, Kim. You should know that it's illegal to hold me for questioning. Especially for your PI. He should know about this." He confidently said while extending his hands on the backrest of the sofa and eyeing back and fort the P.I. and me.

I hate that he's right. The P.I. doesn't have the legal authority to hold him and I can't just sue him for doing his "job". We don't have strong leverage for this and I know this reporter knows that. And so, I have to make him tell me.

I turn my attention to Lisa, noticing her strong gaze towards the reporter. I guess I'm not the only one who's pissed. I touch her arm to look at me.

"Lis, can you give us a minute please?" I whisper to her and she just gave me a confused look.

"I need to talk to him. Alone. Please?" I know she's worried but I need her to trust me.

She gazes at my eyes for a few seconds and eventually nods in understanding. I smile at her and mouths a 'thank you' before her and the P.I. left the reporter and me alone in the office.

I turn my attention back towards the reporter and grabbed a chair to sit across the room from him. He still has this annoying grin plaster on his face as I stare at him with no amusement whatsoever.

"How about this, why don't we make a deal?" I started. "Tell me who hired you to spread those photos and I'll give you what you want."

He let out another scoff, "Why are you even so sure that someone hired me? Can't I do it in my own accord?"

"Don't be confident. I know someone did."

"Well, let's say hypothetically, someone did hire me, what can you even give to reassure you that I will give you the information that you want?" He challenged.

"Money," I told him. He shakes his head.

"The hypothetical person can also give me that. Maybe double if that hypothetical person will know you're trying to buy me."

"A job," I continue to offer.

"I already have one. The hypothetical--"

"Stop with hypothetical," I snapped.

"We both know that person is not." He just gives me a grin showing he succeeded at making me snap.

He really thinks this is funny.

I sigh, "Fine then. I can give you something that that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter