Chapter 22

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

It's another day at the office and Jennie has been busy as ever for her upcoming comeback. Today we have to push on her schedule for her Hera Beauty Campaign. Being the new endorser for this brand is quite a big deal since its former endorser is a famous actress here in Korea. 



 

Jennie let out an audible yawn.

"What time did you sleep last night, Jennie?" Tiffany unnie, Jennie's make up artist asks while we're on the van heading to the location.

"Oh, ah, pretty late actually." Jennie naturally says while she rubs her eye and I steal a glance at her on the rearview mirror. Cute.

"What did you do?" Unnie continues to ask.

"I watched few movies." She says in caution which is actually true. Last night, we spent time watching some movies, cuddling, and maybe a few make-out session which didn't lead to any going under the covers like the three executive days after the first time we slept together. We just decided to spend quality time together since Jennie been locking herself in rehearsals since she started preparing.

"You know you should have known better since your shooting a commercial the next day," Tiffany says calmly. Ugh, one strike again for being a bad manager. However, I did say to Jennie that we should only watch one movie or two but as 'surprisingly' stubborn that she is she did not listen.

Maybe I should really be more strict to her since I'm her manager first before her girlfriend----secret girlfriend to be exact.

"Sorry, unnie. I was just so into the movies last night." Jennie flashes her make up artist an apologetic smile.

Respectfully dismissing Jennie she diverted her attention to me, "You're living with Jennie right, at least you should have reminded her, Lisa." I am about to speak but Jennie beat me to it. "It's not her fault unnie. Lisa didn't even know I was still awake since I was in my room the whole time." She naturally defended me.

Sighing defeatedly, "Fine, fine. But knowing you're quite stubborn sometimes, you should be really reminded from time to time or scolded." Tiffany unnie jokes which earn a chuckle from Jennie and me.

"Yes, yes I know unnie. You and Sooyoung unnie have been all over my neck since the beginning." Jennie jokes back.

"Well, you know what they say sometimes we need unnies to nag us from time to time to keep us in check." Sooyoung unnie says from the back state.

"True that." Tiffany unnie claps and everyone laughs.



 

••••


 

We arrive at the location of the shoot just in time, and right after we greeted everyone Jennie and her team went directly into her prep room to get her ready of course not before secretly throwing a wink at my direction. She's going to be the death of me.

 

Two hours later, the glam team starts to exit the room where they prep Jennie for her shoot. Tiffany and Sooyoung unnie exits the room then seconds later Jennie exited the room as well. My eyes are glued to her while she steps on the shooting area. I mean you can't really help it. She's wearing a black jumpsuit with a little lining of white for the shoulder straps; her hair is straight and she wearing a very red color for her lipstick. Seeing all of that, I would not even get mad if everyone's eyes are on her. She's breathtakingly gorgeous.

I'm so focused on her that I did not notice that they're already filming. I continue to watch her like the rest of the crew in the room and silently admiring her.

I know Jennie is an expert in this, however, looking at Jennie as the time past by it seems something is bothering her since the director keeps yelling cut and making her redo the scene. I'm worried that's might feeling sick.

I am about to the director when she voluntarily called Tiffany unnie. Unnie go to her and Jennie whispers something to unnie that caused her to just nod. I furrow my brows when Tiffany unnie is now walking towards me.

"Unnie, is Jennie, okay? Is she sick?" I immediately ask her.

"She's okay, Lisa, but she did ask me a favor." She says.

"What is it unnie?"

"She said she would prefer if you wait inside the prep room until the shoot is done." She answers.

"What, why?" I glance at Jennie for a second who's eyes are set on the floor before I look back at unnie.

"I think she doesn't want you watching. I don't really know exactly the reason why but just follow her request, okay, ---- to avoid problem with the shoot today." Unnie apologetically smiles.

"Oh, okay then, Unnie. No problem." I lie. Of course, there is a problem. Why won't she let me watch? Am I being creepy staring at her or she just doesn't want me here? Questions bombarded my mind as I go my way to the prep room. However, I try not to confuse myself even more and just let Jennie herself explain after the shoot.






 

While finishing some calls, I wait in the room for almost an hour and a half before I hear muffle noises just outside the door. Seconds later Jennie enters the room.

"I know you're probably angry with me." She says immediately after closing the door.

Beautiful.

"Angry? Why would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter