Chapter 20

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

I furrow my brow seeing the unexpected caller on my phone. I guess it's normal for him to call managers directly but I'm still confused why the CEO is calling me right now. I mean he can just ask his secretary to call me if there are some concerns but knowing he's using his precious time to dial my number this is quite nerve-wracking.

I excuse myself to Jennie to answer the call outside the studio. I took a deep breath and press the answer button.

"Hello, Sir?" I try to sound more serious.

"Lisa, there's an important matter I want to discuss to you. Can you see me in my office, right now?" He sounds normal, I guess. But calling me personally to meet him in his office is very unlike him.

"Yes, Sir, of course. I'll be on my way to your office." I say and he immediately hangs up after saying, "Very well"

I shove my phone back to my pocket and start to head to CEO's office. I know I should inform Jennie first because she might wonder why I'm taking so long but I just decide to text her. I don't want for Sajangnim to wait if he's going to discuss some important matter.

I arrive outside the CEO's office. I knock on the door before a voice echoes commanding me to get in. So far working under YGE, this is my second time to enter the CEO's office. The first time was when I ask for Jisoo to help me talk to the CEO regarding the matter of me living under one roof with Jennie.

The CEO's office has a big glass window and huge shelves that's stacks with collectible action figures. According to Jisoo, the CEO likes to collect these figures and all together they are worth more than I can imagine. I guess that's how rich people does---collect expensive toys for pleasure.

I see Sajangnim seating on his swivel chair with his signature flat cap, scrolling on his Ipad.

"Good morning, Sir," I speak to get his attention. He lifts his head and looks at me. He places his Ipad on the table and then settles his arms on his desk, clasping his fingers. He leans on the desk. "Thank you for coming here, Lisa. I called you personally because I want to confirm something with you. Do you know what I'm talking about?" He questions with a stealth emotion. 

"Hmmm, I'm sorry, sir but there's nothing I can think of," I say honestly. I try to dig on my mind what are the things I should confirm to Sajangnim and only one comes to kind---- my relationship with Jennie. However, I don't think Sajangnim knows about this. It wasn't so long that Jennie and I confirm our feelings for each other... unless... unless Sajangnim asks someone to eye on Jennie or some hidden cameras are attached on Jennie's unit, which is illegal of course, so I'm on my first thought. But if that is the matter we are in, we're definitely screwed.

"No? What about what happened in the last couple of days?" He says without a hint on his voice.

Last couple of days?

Is it the time when that Deaho guy went to Jennie's unit? Knowing about that, it can really cause a lot of buzzes if someone or some paparazzi caught him going to Jennie's unit unexpectedly. Recalling Jennie's stunned face I don't think Jennie was also pleased with the unexpected visit of the guy. However, I'm still not sure if this is the matter that the CEO is referring to, but if not and I blurt it out he might not be pleased on that information. So, to at least save Jennie from any circumstances I'll just shut my mouth for the time being.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but can you tell me what you are talking about?" I say respectfully as I can.

"Very well, let me recall something for you. A few days ago, a paparazzi caught a familiar face visiting Jennie's condo."

Right...

"This guy, specifically." He says while he turns his Ipad towards me and there is a picture of Daeho walking inside the building. "And a reporter told me that Jennie and he are dating for a few months now, is this true?"

"As far as I know, Sir, Jennie, and that man have no relationship at all. The man did come to Jennie's unit and ask her to be his girlfriend but Jennie declined him."

"So, you're saying that this man, the son of a well-known businessman is interested on Jennie but she was never interested in him?" He asks like he wants something out of me.

"Yes, sir that is correct."

He stares at me for a while with a superior composure before speaking again, "So far I heard a lot of good things about you, Lisa. You have the guts that some of the managers here don't have and I applaud you for that. Howeve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter