Chapter 19

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

Was it even possible to feel this happy?

I feel like after I woke up from the night of full affectionate gazes, warm smiles, and content; I couldn't stop smiling and I think my face starting to hurt because of it.

 

Last night, while Lisa's hands were on mine, playing with my fingers; comfortable silence filled the room, we didn't utter a single word but we just listen to our in sync breathing, and the sound of our hearts rapidly beating. It wasn't awkward or suffocating at all; it was just perfect.

I was actually disappointed with myself why I didn't take the chance to really vocalize what I feel about her; how she makes me so happy, so content, and oddly so alive that I feel like I have a reason to wake up the next day. . . but I know that words don't matter when true actions speak louder than words.

This was a new thing for me; feeling romantically towards a woman specifically towards Lisa yet I don't feel confused or lost---it's just so right. 







 

I climb down from the stairs still with a smile on face. Excitement filled my body knowing I will set eyes at the woman that cause me a sleepless night----alone.

Lisa, being a lady that she is, she decided to sleep in her room last night even though I knew it was against her will since she had this pouting face before she left my room. A part of me also wants her to stay, obviously, but we both know it was a good decision at that time. However, the next time we'll be left in a room, I won't give her a chance to run away anymore.

 

I set foot in the living room and as expected she's there. She's seated on the couch wearing a black leather jacket over a casual white t-shirt, and a black pants.

Damn, this girl really knows how to look good.

She notices my presence as she brought her attention right at me. I see a smile slowly creep in on her face before she stood up to meet me half way.

"Hi, good morning." She greets having an attractive smile on her lips. I on the other hand also couldn't stop smiling since the minute I woke up.

"Good morning," I greet back but more like a whisper.

Slowly, a good tension starts to build up around us after a short silence. Our eyes locked at each other, and just like force, our body starts to lean slowly making our faces just inches apart. We know what we want at this moment. I know that I want to kiss her again after last night, and god I couldn't take this agony. So, to get on with it, I grab the part of her leather jacket and pull her to me. Our lips immediately touch and I feel her smile over my lips because of my eagerness. I shrug it off and wrap my arms around her neck to pull her closer, kissing her harder. I feel her hands travel to my back and squeeze my side. We kiss for a few seconds and decide to pull away to catch our breath. I'm trying to catch my breath while my arms are still around her neck. She gives me a smirk and like an impulse, I roll my at her eyes pretending I wasn't blushing. We both laugh.

"So, did you sleep well last night?" She asks still her hands on my waist.

"Yeah, I did." I lie. I don't want her to feel bad about it. "Did you?"

She awkwardly laughs, "I didn't."

I pull my head back, "You didn't? Why?"

"Well. . . I couldn't stop thinking about you last night, and pretty much everything about us." She sheepishly smiles.

Okay, now I feel bad about lying to her that I had I slept well last night.

"What were you thinking last night?" A quietly asks.

"Hmm, well, I can't stop thinking about our kiss, your lips to be exact." A blush makes its way on my cheeks. I bow down from embarrassment. I hear her chuckle. She really knows how to flatter me. ". . . And I can't stop thinking what exactly what we are." Her tone is serious. I look up at her and she has this sweet smile on her face.

"We can be what you want, Lisa," I say in the same tone and that's the truth.

She let out a warm smile, "You don't know how much I want to hear that from you, Jennie. . . but as much as tempting that offer is, I also want us to become what you want. I'm still not sure if what I feel about you is the same thing that you feel about me--"

"What do you feel, Lisa?" I can't stop myself to ask. I wanna know her answer.

"I care about you, Jennie, more than you can imagine. More than as a manager or even as a friend. I want to be able to hold your hands, I want to be able to hug you, I. . . I want to have the right to ask you for a kiss, because. . . I really like you, Jennie. " I close my eyes taking in the words she said. "but, I also don't want to assume anything that wasn't there in the first place." She adds chuckling in between. I stare back at her and caress her cheek with my hand, I smile, "I like you too, Lisa. And I also want to have the things that you want. I want to be able to hold your hand. . . " I slide my hand on her arm to her hand resting on my waist. Her eyes are lock on my movement. "I want to be able to hug you. . ." I take her hand and intertwine our fingers. "I also want to have the right to kiss you." I tiptoe and I lean for a chaste kiss. I pull away and smiles seeing her eyes still closed and smiling. She opens them slowly and gazes right at me.

I wish time will stop and just let us remain in this moment for as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter