Chapter 13

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

"Yah, Jendeukie! Why did you drag me away?" She continued to whine as we enter her house after letting her go.

"Aish, Wendy. Can you snap out of it? I came to talk to you." And just on cue, Wendy's expression became more serious. "Oh, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" She asked looking concerned. I sighed, "Yeah, I am. It's just that... I don't know what I'm feeling."

"Oh, no. This sounds serious. I'll get the wine and meet me in the living room." She said before disappearing to the kitchen.

 

Wendy is my best friend aside from Chaeyoung. When my family moved to New Zealand when I was 9, I was an aloof kid. I didn't know much English and I struggled to make friends. Wendy was my neighbor. When her family visited us, I was a little unsure to get close with her since she was really loud and perky, but when she approached me and spoke Hangul I immediately felt relieved thinking I'm not the only kid who can speak Hangul. Wendy and I became friends eventually  and we became inseparable.

Wendy was actually the reason why I became a singer. She's the one who encourage me to audition under YGE when I was 14 years old after we moved back to Korea. I felt devastated after knowing we were going back. I already made a lot of friends in Auckland, and that time I don't have a choice but to leave them, especially Wendy. Even though I was in Korea and Wendy was in New Zealand, we never forget to keep in touch and give each other updates about our life. Wendy knew pretty much about me. She knew that I dreamed to be a performer, and so one day Wendy surprised me by flying all the way to Korea just to accompany me to an audition. That's how unpredictable she was, and I love it.

After she graduated film school, she went back here to Seoul to pursue her  dream to become a famous Indie film maker.

 

 

"Okay, spill." She said as she sit on the mat to accompany me, holding a bottle of wine and two wine glasses.

"I don't know, Wendy." I groaned and bury my face on my arms leaning on the table. "I don't know where to start." I added.

"Okay, okay.. Let's start from the top. You said you don't know what you're feeling. What do mean by that?" She began to pour the wine in the glasses. 

"I'm feeling things I shouldn't be feeling." My voice muffled.

"Like feeling ?" I snapped my head and glared at her. "What? I don't know. Give me clear details, then." She lifted her hands for a surrender. I breathe out heavily, "I think I'm liking someone." I rolled my eyes like it's the last thing I want to feel right now. She almost choked on her wine. "W...what?" She wiped the spill on her lip. "You're liking someone? Who!?" I cringe from her sudden outburst. "You don't have to yell, Wendy. I can hear you just fine." I said annoyed.

"Well, I'm sorry if i'm yelling but this is practically the first time after a million years you told me you like someone. It's a miracle or something." She exaggerated, which was partially true. I mean, I have my fair share of headlines and scandals, I've been on dates, not to mention I'm seeing Daeho but this is definitely the first time during my career I've admitted to Wendy that i'm liking someone without her forcibly making me say it.

Take my word for it, I'm not easily swayed. I have my walls build around me that can't easily be wrecked. My suitors tried to crawl and climb up to that wall, but no one really succeeded. Even Daeho didn't. He just never realized it.

"So, tell me. Who is it?" She cooed.

Decided to tell Wendy i'm liking someone, I already know that eventually she will ask who is the person making me feel this way, but for some reason panic made its way to creep in because if those words will made its way out from my lips there's no turning back. It's not a big deal that's for sure. I mean it's already 2019, no one really cares about who you are attracted to. But then again, even Wendy will understand, I bet many still will not. Especially, since I'm Jennie Kim.

I blinked once or maybe twice before answering. "It's uh.. it's Lisa." Well, that does it. Those words that I kept denying for the past couple of days finally unleashed, and I hope it's not going to hunt me.

went agape, slowly making her hand to cover it. Her eyes remained wide as she find the words to respond to my confession.

"Holy, mother of- You like Lisa?!" I think i'm gonna go deaf.

"Yes, I think so."

"Since when?" She asked.

"I'm also not sure. It just happened." I mumbled.

"Wow, Jen." She let out a tantalizing smile. "I think that's amazing. About time i might say."

I look her narrowing my brows. "What do you mean it's about time?"

"What I meant was, it's about time you get into a relationship. I'm almost getting worried."

"You act like I don't date." I uttered dangerously.

"Because you don't." She stated. I opened my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter