Chapter 16

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

I just stood there. . . frozen. Unable to move, unable to speak.

Since when did I even become disabled?




 

Daeho's arm continued to wrap around my waist as his lips attached to mine. I pushed him so subtlely to break the kiss.

"What are you doing here, Daeho?" I questioned immediately.

"I told you, babe. I came here to surprise you." He cooed. "Are you not happy?" He asked sensing my sudden shift of emotion.

"It's not that I'm not happy, Daeho, but didn't I tell you before that you can't just come here? What if someone saw you? A paparazzi to be exact?" A hint of frustration came out of my voice.

Since Daeho and I started 'seeing' each other, this was the first time that he came to the unit unexpectedly, nonetheless gave me a heads up. Status wise, we really don't have the luxury to confidently meet each other publicly, and I want to remain that way. Paparazzi's been all over me for a while and the last thing I want to do is to have my face in tomorrow's Breaking News. So, if I'm utterly speechless and slightly annoyed by his selfish action, well I surely am.

"I know, I know. But I can't wait to see you. I came here straight from the airport just to see you, Jennie." He calmly explained.

I was about to utter my next word when I remember something.

Lisa.

I glance over Daeho's shoulder to see Lisa, however, she wasn't in the room as I expected her to be. Where is she?

I sighed heavily and once again brought my attention to him. "I don't care whatever your excuse, Daeho. We talked about this. You can't just do whatever you pleased."

"Okay, I'm sorry. I just. . . I just really missed you, Jennie. And I was getting worried since you haven't answered my calls." He said while laying the bouquet of flowers on the table.

He's right. Since last week, it became a habit for me to ignore his calls, because It's either he calls whenever I'm busy with work or I'm with. . . I'm with Lisa.

I scan the room once again to get a glimpse of her but again she's nowhere to be found.

"Jennie. . ." He started.

I snapped. I should really focus on Daeho, right now. I have already been unfair to him for the past couple of days, so I guess I owe him this. I'll just find Lisa after.

"I'm sorry if I haven't been in contact with you. I was just so busy with work." I calmly said.

"It's alright. I understand, babe." He smiled.

"What is it, Daeho?" I asked curiously after noticing started to pace out.

"Oh. . . Ah. . . Actually, I came here not only because I missed you, but I also came here because I want to tell you something." He seemed nervous. I gulped, anticipating what he is going to tell me.

"Jennie, we've known each other for almost 2 months now, and I know our relationship is just pure . . ." I impulsively scanned the room. ". . . but you know that I care about you more than you can imagine. From the start, you know that I always want something more from you."

Oh, no. I think I know where this is going.

"Daeho, whatever you're going to say, don't" I warned him.

"So, what I want to ask you is that. . ." He paused taking the bouquet of flowers on the table. Please, don't ". . . Jennie, do you want to be my girlfriend. . . officially?" He held out the bouquet in front of me with a calm smile.

I blinked once or maybe twice before swallowing a lump and scanning the room once again for a witness. I don't know why but I'm relieved that Lisa wasn't in the room.

I look up at the Daeho who's lips are pursed into a smile, waiting for an answer that I know will break his heart.

"Daeho. . . I. . ." I paused and took the bouquet from his hand and placed it again on the table.

I gaze back at him, "Daeho, you're a great guy, no doubt, and I do care about you. . ." His smile widens. "But. . ." His smile slowly fades.

"No, Jennie. No 'buts' please." He tries to interrupt me.

". . . I just don't feel the same way you feel a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter