Chapter 28

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

I wait in my hotel room for the boss' call to go through while the crew and Jennie continue filming on location.

After I told the crew and Jennie that I'll be staying for a while and that they can go on without me, Jennie gave me a sympathetic and apologetic look knowing I'll be facing the wrath of our boss. To be honest, I'm not afraid of talking to Sajangnim about what's currently happening, I'm more afraid of the guilt that is consuming me knowing I'm sitting here right in front of his face technically lying that I'm only professionally involved with Jennie. But I guess that's just how it is. Even I'll be consumed with full guilt, one thing is for sure I'll never regret being with her.

Just like work-clock, my computer rings at exactly 10 am signaling the boss is calling. I didn't wait for another second as I press Enter to receive the call. With his usual trademark hat and plain black shirt, Sajangnim bombards the screen wearing explainable emotionless face behind his desk. I bow within my sit to show my respect, "Good Afternoon, Sajangnim." Since it's noon in Korea.

"I don't think it's a good anything, Lisa, don't you think? Especially what's going on with your artist." I didn't speak and my eyes are set low.

"Did you see the current and fresh news floating around? As I have gathered so far today, Jennie is being accused of dating an engaged man. What can you say about that?" His voice holds strength. I finally set my eyes on Sajangnim without any hints of disrespecting his authority.

"I am fully aware of the current and the new issue, Sir, and I am in the knowledge that truly Kang Daeho is engaged with another woman, however, Jennie being involved with him while engaged is false. There's no truth to this story." I stated.

"And how can I be so sure that what you're saying is the truth? The last time I asked you a question about Jennie and her connection to this Kang Daeho you lied."

I swallow a lump on my throat before speaking, "Sir, all due respect, I did not lie to you. What I said regarding Jennie and Mr. Kang being not officially involved at that time and currently is the truth." I take in a deep breath before continuing, "I know the current pictures say otherwise but those pictures were taken prior to my employment and prior to my knowledge that Jennie and Mr. Kang is acquainted. I haven't received any hints from any news outlets or reporters about that those photos prior to its publication. At this point sir, it is safe to assume that we got blindsided by whoever spread this issue because when I called the news outlet that published the article they said that their source was anonymous. No one gave a name nor an address." I pause and calm myself. I know Sajangnim already understood what really is going on with Jennie and Daeho, and I really hope he won't ask me to elaborate. "However, Sir, I do am guilty of not looking through deeply on this matter when you showed me Mr. Kang's photos being on Jennie's building. If I did, we might not in this situation. I apologize, Sir." I said sincerely as I bow. 

Sajangnim stares at me through the computer screen once again without wearing any expression. I see his fingers tapping his desk as the sound echo through the speaker. Seconds pass then Sajangnim finally spoke.

"You're right, Ms. Manoban. If you just looked deeply on this matter that involves your artist then maybe we're not on this position." He pauses and my heart just aches. "However," He continues, "we're still human. We're not perfect. We make a lot of mistakes and sometimes we outlook on some situations." I keep my silence however in shock how Sajangnim unexpectedly looks at it. "And as the CEO of YGE, it would be low of me to blame it on you." He finally ends.

"Sajangnim, I-" I don't really know how to respond to that.

Sajangnim massages his temple, "This is not supposed to be. Jennie is on the process of making her comeback, and this damn issue is screwing it up."

I have to ask him. I need to confirm it. "Sir, you're not planning on canceling Jennie's comeback, am I right?" I politely and cautiously asked.

"I don't know. I don't want to do it but if it is necessary then I might have no choice." Weirdly enough, I do understand Sajangnim. The issue itself can ruin Jennie's comeback and even her reputation especially if we don't do anything about it.

"At this point, the only thing we need to do is to send a statement to this issue," Sajangnim said and I nod.

"Even we say to the public that Jennie and Mr. Kang is not involved in any way anymore, I know this issue will still be hard to cover. It already spread" I said.

Sajangnim sigh, "It is and it has. This is how this industry can be very lethal. Even you tell the people the truth, half of them will still grasp what is the lie because that's how people created this industry. You need to have a strong stomach for this kind of career. And I know whatever will be the outcome of this Jennie will still put up a strong face because that's how strong she is. I know she is." Hearing these words from Sajangnim, you can figure out how he cares about his artist. Unfortunately for me, it will not help how wrongful I am to Sajangnim's eyes if he will know the truth.

"So, what is your decision, sir?" I ask.

"I'll release a statement after I'll have my talk to Jennie. Just finish the filming then immediately return to Seoul. Expect to have additional security in the airport. I know Jennie will be flocked my hungry vultures." I know he meant about the paparazzi, and how they will do any means to just get a comment from Jennie. Thinking about this, I'm not looking forward to our return to Seoul.

••••

After my talk to Sajangnim, I immediately head to the location of the shoot to cater Jennie. As I arrived I saw the whole crew was on a short break then I knew that Jennie is on her tent at the moment.

As I enter the tent and I suddenly got everybody's attention including Tiffany and Sooyoung unnie and of course Jennie's. My eyes lock on hers and I can clearly see the worry on her face.

"Uhm, it is okay if I may ask everybody to give Lisa and me a moment?" Jennie asks everybody in the room and they understood and oblige.

While everyone is exiting the tent, I see Jennie detaching herself from her seat, her eyes not living mine. She stands there for a second and when everybody is already gone she began to walk towards me. A small smile appears on her lips as she closes our distance. She put her hand on my chest and tiptoed to meet my lips. The kiss was short but I felt assured. She makes me feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter