Chapter 26

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

"I love you, Lisa," I utter with full sincerity. I feel like my heart is going to burst if I don't say it sooner.

The place, the time, and the person in front of me couldn't make this moment more special and perfect. I thought to myself I have to say those words right here, right now or not at all.

I don't really care If I said it first. I know that in some relationship they still wait for their partner to say it before them; I don't really get that. I mean, if you really love the person even if they do or don't love you back, just say it. Give yourself a favor and stop prolonging your agony. But if you're that afraid, then, baby steps.

After I said those words, I study Lisa's face for her reaction. She totally stunned, but I guess that's given. My hands are still on her cheeks feeling her cool skin turn warm. I couldn't really tell if she's blushing or not since everything is just too dim to make it visible. The grip on my waist becomes tighter and I couldn't fathom if this is a good thing or a bad thing; of course, I'm hoping for the former. Her eyes didn't disappoint to lose its contact on mine. Her brown orbs is seemed so vulnerable. Then, her lips curve into a smile and she releases a relief sigh. She pulls me closer, closing the space between her forehead and mine. Her breathing is quick.

"Oh my god, I hate you." She says in a volume that I can only hear. I furrow my brows.

Okay, that wasn't was I expecting.

"What?" I question and she laughs in response.

"I hate you because you beat me to it." She pauses and smiles, "I love you too, Jennie." Now it's my turn to smile----wide knowing she loves me and planned to say to me. I don't know what kept her to do so but It doesn't matter anymore. She loves me and I love her. I hastily wrap my arms around her waist and pulls her into an embrace. My eyes start to become watery but not to the point that it'll fall. I'm so happy and I couldn't even describe it. This is officially another step to our relationship and it's full bliss.

She brings her hand on the back of my head and tightens the embrace as I bury myself on the crook of her neck. Her warmth is so soothing and her scent is so intoxicating. God, I love this woman so much.

"I love you, Nini." She says once again and it swells my heart even more, but wait, Nini? I pull back from her to look at her.

"Nini?" I ask curiously.

She chuckles, "Yeah, Nini. Your new nickname. Been wanting to call you that ever since you showed me your adorable side." I suddenly become shy and hide my face on her chest. "No, I'm not." I disagree while my voice is muffled. Her chest vibrates while she releases another chuckle. "You're actually proving my point by being like this." I playfully smack her and once again earn a laugh from her. "Woah, there, there." She says through laughs while tightening her embrace and gave me a little shake.

We didn't notice that our time was up when the door of the capsule suddenly opened that almost gave me a shock. We release ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter