Chapter 27

Power Of Love

Tiffany's POV

 

" Hey.. " I feel Taeng grabbing my arm from the back. " You shouldn't get all overwhelmed ". I look at the back of my dad, walking down the stairs. I know it's disrespectful to talk back to my dad. I have never talk against him ever since my mum left us. He must be feeling so terrible. I feel like an unfilial daughter.

" Let's go." I grab Taeng hands as we slowly walk down the stairs.

We stand by the dining table. But Taeng let go of our hands once the people seated notice our presence. Taeng went next to Michelle and pull the chair for me, before he sit at my right, beside my brother. Den just arrived and he gave me a weak smile as I'm seated opposite of him. Mr Parker looks so furious. His face as red as my dad. But dad sort of cool down and try to get the dinner to carry on with less tension.

" Let's all cheers !" Dad lift his cup of wine from the emperor seat and the rest of us followed. Everyone started eating and Mr Parker starts to chat with dad happily. His mood swings are so good.

Mrs Parker has a confused face. She looks at Taeng with full of question marks floating on her head. I think she wants to ask who is he but she stop caring about Taeng's presence after Michelle and I talk to her about latest editions perfume and bags.

Leo takes the initiative to talk to Taeng so he didn't look so bored. I'm glad that they get along quite well. Den and I just share several eye contacts once in a while and we will just smile awkwardly.

 

--

 

After dinner. everyone was sitting at living couch chatting. I excuse myself with Taeng to the kitchen.

" Taeng, I have to talk to Den.. " I hold onto Taeng hands.

" Yea sure go ahead. "

" But I need you to go upstairs . " I pointed upwards and gave him  my totoro smile.

" Hah, why?"

" Cause I don't want you to be alone with them.. They might.. "

" Okay. I don't like to sit there alone either. "

" Ok good Gogogo! " I push him to the stairs and he bounce his way up to my room.

 

" Er, Den. Can I speak to you for a moment ?" I produce a sweet smile as everyone in the living turn to look at me. 

" Yea sure. Excuse us. "

 

We silently walk out of the apartment, to the pool side. He stuff both of his hands in his pocket and started the conversation.

"So.. what do you wanna talk about? " He said as he gently kick the water at the pool.

" I'm sorry Den..."

"..."

" I need you to help me get your parents to agree in this. Could you help me ?" I look at his eyes. But he didn't look back at me.

He look at pool water as if it is more attractive than me.

 

After what seems like infinity, he starts to stop what he was doing and he grab my wrist.

" Fany.. come" he pull me down and we sat by the pool. I look at him, trying to read what is on his mind. But before I could,

" Fany.. you know.. ever since I met you when we were young, I know you are the one. The one that means a lot to me. You.. you know that right ? "

He sound disappointed but still keeping an eye contact with me. I nodded softly, breaking our eye contact.

The other hand of his that is not holding my wrist, come up to my face. Slowly, he my hair and put my messy fringe at the back of my ears.

" Your happiness is my everything.. As long as you are happy, I am willing to let you go.. "

I look up, my lips slightly show him a smile and also gave a sigh of relief. He smile back, with his most charming smile.

 

Slowly, he lean in.. head tilted, towards my.. lips. I woke up from the happiness and realize he is approaching my lips. I quickly push his shoulders away.

"Oppa.." As I push his back, I saw Taeng standing at the door, he stop at his position and smile back to me. 

I smile back to tell him I'm alright. Cause I see some relief in his eyes.

" Still doesn't allow me to kiss your lips huh? " Dennis look at me and giggle.

I look back and smile, glad that he is feeling better. He rub my head like how a brother does and we sat there and talk for awhile more before Taeng and I left Hwang's apartment.