Chapter 26

Power Of Love

Tiffany's POV

" Come on! We got better things to do ! " I ran towards Taeng and push him near the bed once he comes out of the bathroom.

"Woah woah woah~ Someone's getting impatient ~ " Taeng lean forward and whisper his husky voice. I feel chills down my spine, but I ignore that.

" YAH! What are you thinking ! Byun !" I push him away and I feel a sudden grab on my waist, that lead to the both of us falling on the bed.  I was on top of him. We are in a position that doesn't seem right. My face flushed, so I try to hide it without looking at him. I can see with the corners of my eyes that he is smirking. Proud of his "victory". I push him and try to get up. But I feel the grip on my waist tighten. " Baby..." He gently whispers to my ear and this time I swear I'm heating up. " T-Taeng.. not now okay? " I try to look into his y eyes. The strong smell of his shampoo, makes me crazy. I try to control myself and kiss him on the lips.

" Now, let's.. " I try to get up again, but he pull me towards him, deepening the previous kiss that part just a few seconds ago. " Urg.h.. T-Taeng-ngg.. stop.. " I try to form a sentence with my moans. I know he is smiling within the kisses. I know he likes it. But I have something more important to do! If we continue to make out. Our whole afternoon is wasted !

I rest both of my hands on his chest after successfully stopping the kiss. He look at me confuse because of the grin on my face. Then I start using the best technique Sunny teaches me. Tickles.

I start tickling every part of his body. He starts to laugh nonstop. His laughter sometimes - when he get all uncontrol about it -  it's seriously more hilarious than any jokes. " O-Okay! HA ! NO! okay!! S-Stop.. Hahahaa.. STOP!! Fany ah!! AH!!"

I stop once I got tired. I pant as I laugh with him. He plant a soft kiss on my forehead before sitting up. " So what plans you have ?"

" Dad wants me to join them for dinner. I'm bringing you too." I flash my totoro smile at him - awkward smile with teeth.

" What?! Are you serious.. ?" Just look at his reaction. Overreacting.

" Silly. You talk like my sister, you know? She said that when I told her too."  I chuckle and pinch his cheeks playfully.

" What?! You even told your sister?!  Fany are you sure about this? I think I better.. "

" KIM TAE YEON ! " I shout his name as I slam my hand on the bed.

"YES MADAM !" He salutes with his hand infront of his forehead.

I smile weakly at him and let out a sigh. " You want to avoid. Again. Right?"

" Avoid? What? Since when did.."

" When you left LA once you know that I'm engaged. Without hearing my explaination. Dumb." I knock on his head lightly. Trying to hide my disappointment. But I guess he notices it.

" Hey.. Fany.. Look." He gently grab my hand and sit back down on the bed, next to me. He rubs on my hands a few times before he continues. "I know I shouldn't. I'm sorry okay? I love you. I really do. I'm not going to let you go or avoid anything anymore for the sake of us, okay ? " He spoke in his most sincere tone. I was happy to hear those words from him.  "I love you too." 

 

--

 

Hands in hands we strut down the street after getting off the Taxi. Looking for a nice place to have our lunch. " Oh my god!! " I point at a restaurant across the street.  Obviously, the shop is painted in pink. Including the furnitures. " Can we eat there, Taeng?!" I pull his arm with both of my hands. Trying to act like a kid. " Of course, princess." 

The restaurant is full of western food. Taeng cringe as he look through the menu. "Aww come on baby. You have to get used to it by now ?"

" I know.. I just love Korean food too much.. " He closes his menu as he reply.

" Can.. Ahhem..Can I have a Cas..as..Cass..so..u.. Leted. And the..the.. redd vine." He is being silly I swear. I try so hard not to laugh and bang my head against the wall when he spoke in English to the waiter.  I look at the waiter. He looks lost and with full of question marks.

" He meant Cassoulet and red wine. I would like to have erm.. a  Pot au feu. Can I have a Bisque as well ? " I  pause for awhile and look at Taeng. He looks embarrassed, staring on his lap. "Taeng, you want a Bisque ? " I spoke in Korean.

" Whats bi..bis.. " I chuckle softly as he cover his face from the waiter. Secretly whispering to me. " It's a type of soup." I smile as Taeng slightly nod his head. "Erm, yep and 2 Bisque please. Thank you." 

I turn and look at Taeng after the waiter left with our menus. He is pouting. Aww.. How cute?! If I weren't sitting opposite of him, I will simply pinch his cute cheeks. "Fany ah.. I think I need to learn how to speak better English......." He slightly slant his eyebrows. " I think so too." I laugh in silence as I clap my hands a few times.

"Yah ! Don't you dare laugh at me. I will kill your pink tororo !" I was shock by Taeng's sudden childish attack. But play along with him.

" No !! Don't harm him ! Fine I will teach u okay?!" I laugh again.

The whole lunch at the pink restaurant. Wait no. I mean the French restaurant was enjoyable. I almost cry as I laugh too much when Taeng told me that he peed on his bed after having nightmares of his elder brother killing his favourite Peas. Well, actually I have a similar story too. But I didn't tell him. I just want to laugh at him and not having him laughing at me.

 

--

 

" Owhh.."  He said as he rub his stomach.

" God, Taeng! Don't do that! You look like a ajussi ! Or a drunkard old man !" I slap his hand away from his stomach. 

" But I'm.. exploding...... Boom!" He tries to scare me with his sudden loud voice. " YAH!" I chase after him around the mall. We look like a silly couple but I don't really care. I'm having fun with him. Ended up he surrenders and got serious. " What now ?"

" Shop for gifts."

" For who? " He raises his eyebrows, as if I'm speaking in a foreign language.

" Speaking of the obvious, Taeng.. Ah!! Red wine! " I drag him into a wine shop before he could answer.

" Wow for me? " 

"Argh no! For my dad , Taeng! "

"No wait. We shouldn't give him wine." He suddenly frowns. Like he is talking business.

" Why ?" 

He remain silent and just pull me out of the shop. " I think it's better if buy him some tonics you know ? Old people needs to keep themselves healthy. "

" Haha. Taeng, my dad is not old !" 

" He has white hairs, Fany. " I smile as Taeng talks in a silly manner. But.. I think my dad really is old already. He has more white hairs than the last time before I left for Korea about 7- 8months ago?

 

--

 

It's 4pm after we bought all the gifts. Tonics for my dad. Perfume for my sister. An expensive belt for my brother. We went back home since there's still plenty of time.

"Wow.." Taeng comment on my swimming attire. He is already in the pool with his shorts. I giggle and slowly approach the pool. I love the attention he gave me. But it kinds of creep me out because he never stop staring like a ert. " Your nose are bleeding." I chuckle as I slowly make my way in the pool.

We enjoy the whole time playing in the pool. Splashing the water and having wrestling. All the physical contact in the pool makes me feels like heaven. And when we make out with our heads out of the pool and bodies in the pool, that feeling is so wonderful.

We were sitting at the shallow side of the pool. With his arms wrap around me from behind. We keep silence for quite a while and I really enjoys that. "It's going to be 7." He suddenly said, breaking the silence.

" Okay.. Let's go."

" Wait! " He suddenly let go of me and got up the pool. He ran to the bench and brought me my towel. " Come up." He is trembling.

He wraps the towel around me once I got out off the pool then he rushes to get his own towel. " Thank you sweetie." I kiss on his lips, which makes him blush.

 

We then took our own shower at different toilets. Of course, Taeng had suggested to bathe together, to save water. What a lame excuse isn't it ? But I know he is just kidding. He is not that kind of guy.

 

--

 

I changed into a red above knee-length and strapless dress. I slowly made my way down with my 4inch heels with the support of the handrails.

Once I reach the end of the stairs. I saw him wearing a blue tie with a black tuxedo. Digging for something in his left tuxedo inner pocket.

To be honest, I've never seen him wear a tuxedo before. He usually wears a collar tee and a pair of working pants for work and normal shirt with skinny jeans when we go for a date.

" Reaching for a gun ?" I try to make fun of him. He looks so uncomfortable with his tuxedo, fidgeting the whole time.

" Huh? .. Oh.. Woah......." He stop his actions and just blankly stare at me. As adorable as it seems, he looks like his jaws are giving away.

" Stop it! " I push his jaw back and close his mouth. Then I pull his tie properly for him and adjusted his collar.

" Taeng! " I smack his chest because he's still staring at me. " Ow.. " 

I giggle at him and pull his tuxedo together and button it for him. I lightly dust it and say, " Ready to go! "

" Fany.. " He pull me back once I walk towards the door. "Why must you seduce me 2 times a day? No. I think you seduce me every time you're with me. "

He slowly leans in and give me a peck on my red lips. Now his lips are red too. I laugh with my eyesmile.

" Taeng! " I wipe the lipstick stains on his mouth. " Silly. Your lips are now red too. "

" Oh really? Then do I look beautiful? "

" Always." I give him a peck on his cheek and laugh. He got a red lips stain on his cheek now as well. But I didn't tell him. He looks cuter now. Hehe

" You know, you look different with tuxedos ? It's like.. The handsome version of James bond." I lean in and huskily whisper in his ears. 

I 'm trying to turn him on because he always get nervous when I do this. But I was just teasing him. Cause we got a dinner to attend.

He tries his best to stay calm. I know. " I can't dress like a guy-next-door and claims that I want you to be with me right? I especially brought this tuxedo over because It's a must, Fany ah.."

 

--

 

We finally reach the Hwangs' mansion. I was quite surprised that Taeng did not even look at the mirror to see if he looks good. He just merely look at the rearmirror and look at his style-up fringe and his eyes. I chuckle as we walk to the door. 

" What?! " 

" Nothing~" I reply in a singing tone. I can't stop laughing at the red lips stain on his cheek.

I can feel that he is trembling. His palm becomes sweaty. " Taeng ! Why are you like this?!  Relax!! " I handed him a tissue and he wipes all his sweat away.

" Okay okay! I am ready. Open up !"

" Silly. You didn't even press the bell." 

" Oh." He make a dramatic reply, forming a circle shape mouth as he press the bell.

 

Mrs Daisy, one of our house part time maid opens the door for us. She greets me immediately and was wondering how she can address Taeng. " You can call him Mr James Bond" I . "Yah! "  Taeng shouts so loud that everyone sitting in the living turn to look. Which is My dad, Mr Parker and Den. He straight away turns to his poker face and hold my waist. We slowly make our way to the couch.

" Hi dad , Hi Uncle Parker. "

" Hi Mr Hwang and Mr Parker. " Taeng greeted them after me.

 

" Who are you? " Mr parker suddenly stand up as I notice him looking at Taeng holding onto my waist and walk towards us. He got a bad feeling about this. So do I.

" I'm Mr Kim, sir. I'm Fany's.. Erm, I mean Tif.. Stephaine's boyfriend. " Taeng stutters again. He looks kinda confuse on how to address me. I was smiling when he said the last word. 

" I think you are having fun Mr Kim." Uncle Parker says in a very sacarstic tone and he points to his own cheek a few times.

Taeng turn and look at me. I laugh and point at the mirror beside the door.

" Omo !" He spot the red lips stain and hurrily wipe it off with his hand. Mrs Daisy giggle and pass him a hand towel.

" Okay. You 2 upstairs in my room. Now." Dad stands up furiously before Uncle Parker could reply. 

" Sorry Parker, I will need a moment with them. " We walk up the stairs and we heard what dad said to him. " Daisy, please serve him more wine. "

We reach our dad's room. It's so beautiful as usual. And huge. I saw a few pictures of mum on the desk and a picture of my parents' wedding photo on top of the bedboard.

 

--

" What is this brat doing here?!" My dad comes in as he slam the door behind.

" What?! Dad. Don't call him a brat." I defend Taeng as I grap his hand tightly.

" Why did you bring him here?! "

" I want to get this clear dad. Uncle Parker needs to know. "

" Know what?! "

" Know that I'm not going to be with his son. "

" Look. I don't care if you love him or he loves you. YOU ARE WITH DENNIS. Your wedding has been carried forward to 2 months later !"

" Look dad. I don't care either. This engagement is dead. I don't have feelings to it at all !" 

Before my dad could reply, or rather scold me, I continue to speak. " Look! " I point at the wedding photo hang on top of the bedboard.

" You marry mum because there IS love. Both of you are happy together. Why can't I just be like you? Or like mum?! Living and marrying with the one I love?! " I feel the tears rushing to my eyes. But I hold it there, try to not let it fall.

I can see that my dad heart is aching whenever I talk about mum. My heart aches too. But I need to tell him the truth. " Let's not have the guests waiting ." 

My dad say in a soft yet audible voice before he turns and leave the room. My eyes open wide. I look at Taeng. He looks surprised too. 

I think my dad is going to admit defeat soon.