Chapter 25

Power Of Love

Taeyeon's POV

 

I woke up extremely early, can't seem to get back to sleep. I carry the lying figure infront of me to the cozy pink bedroom. I plant a morning kiss on the cheek and cover her with the pink comforter.

I went to my luggage, sitting at the corner of the room, and dig for my sweater and training pants. I change into my appropriate attire and pace around the room to find a paper. Ah ! Found it. I scribble some words before I place it right next to the bed, on the sidetable.

I jog down the stairs as I try to force some money in my secret pocket. I forcefully push my feet in my Nike sports shoe as I see by the door. Then I open the door and starts to do some stretching. After a full body stretch, I start to jog around the neighbourhood.

An hour jog tires me out. I think it's time to go back. But of course, not forgetting my precious favourite - Starbucks. I walk to the city, which is only a few kilometres away from the sea. And try to find Starbucks.

" Ah! " I point at the cafe far away, as if I found treasure. I look around and see many working citizens staring at me, I quickly puts down my hand and shove them in my pockets, embarrassed. I push open the door with a sound of bell hang on the handle. After ordering two cups of hot Latte, I carefully hold onto them and walk out of Starbucks.

I walk as I listen to my Ipod, nodding my head at every beat. But my vision turn to see a man from afar, placing his hand on his chest. I walk towards the man facing down. I took off my shades and my earpiece. " Sir are you okay?" I say in a soft concern voice as I tilt my head, trying to look at his face.The head slowly rise and my jaw literally dropped. It's Mr Hwang. He looks different from yesterday. The old strong and angry man has become weak and having difficulties in catching every breath of his. He start to frown after recgonizing me. That's bad.

 

" Oh.. Hi Mr Hwang, are you okay? " I ask again. " Do.. Do I look like.. like I'm o..okay?" He tries his best to form a sentence. I expect to get this kind of reply from him though. " Do you want me to bring you to the hospital ? " 

" No." He turns around and walk towards a bench few metres away ,taking a sit. "Sir, do you need eat medicine? Or.. " 

" It's okay. My chauffeur is coming back. " 

" Oh.. " I am not sure what to say but I still take a sit beside him. I look down at my 2 Latte. 

" Err.. do you want to have a hot Latte, sir?" I slowly push one of my Latte towards him.

" Are you trying to kill me ? I can't take caffeine. " He is more angry now.

" Oh sorry Sir.. I didn't know. I.." I mentally curse myself for being stupid. But how would I know right? 

" Moreover, this is meant for Stephy, right?" I look up as I see him feeling all better now.

" Yes sir. She loves it. " I smile upon mentioning my beloved name. And he caught me.

" Do you really love her ? " I look at him. He's asking me this question means, I have hope ?

" Yes sir. I really do love Fany. I really do.. " I nod my head vigoriously a few times and that make him grin as he look away.

" Too bad.. You shouldn't. " He reply me straightforwardly. " I know.. " I mumble under my breath.

" You know, Steph has always be a good girl ever since her mum passed away. She doesn't even talk back to me. Not even once.  Not even when I threw away her favourite pink stuffs." My face becomes serious as I know it's going to be tough to get his approval.

" But she talk back to me yesterday. Because of you." 

"Sorry sir. I know she shouldn't.  I won't want the both of your relationship to worsen because of me either. I hope you don't blame her.. "

"Of course. I will only blame you. It must be you who astray her."

"Sorry sir.. " Since when did I teach her to be unfilial? But well, no point arguing. It will only make me lose my chance being with her.

He stood up and walk towards a limousine. Wow. That's seriously.. 

I stood up as well as I look at his back.

"I want you to leave this place as soon as possible. We have important wedding preparations to do. And.. oh. Don't tell her about just now."  He stop walking and said. Without turning to look at me. The chauffeur then open the backseat door for him and he gets on the limousine. I just stand there looking at the car driving off.

--

 

My nose caught something smell so heavenly once I step in the house. I follow the smell and saw my beloved frying with her hair tie up. I put the lattes on the dining table and slip in the kitchen. Then I slowly wrap my arms around her slender waist. "mmm" I sniff her neck. She literally jumped from the sudden contact. "Someone smells better than food." I cheekily whisper to her ears and plant a few kisses around her neck. I know she's holding her moan. But ended up letting out a big roar. " Urgh, Taeng!! I'm frying here !" 

"Oh? Let's fry together then. " I slowly move my hands to hold the frying pan and wok with her arms below. I have seen people doing this on television but it's a different version. They are making clays.

 I know that she is smiling, enjoying this moment. So I plant another kiss on her cheek and told her I miss her. I can feel her heating up and blushing. " I miss you too Taeng. " She turn and give me a kiss at my cheek as I rest my head on her shoulder.

 

---------

 

" Hmm, I saw your dad just now after I bought Starbucks. " I take a seat as she bring out the breakfast plates.

" Oh? Did he say any nasty words to you ? "

" You kind of think your dad is a unreasonable emperor huh?"

" Of course not! " She giggle as she sit across me. " I'm just afraid.. he might say something hurtful to you.." She touch my hand with her soft and gentle voice.

"He wants me to leave LA asap. " I turn into serious mode.

" So you oblige ?"

" Of course not! I've already said, I'm not leaving unless you are mine. " I squeeze her hand to assure her that. She flash her famous eyesmile and feed me a small piece of bacon. " Ahh~" 

 

--

 

Tiffany's POV 

I was worried when Taeng told me that he saw my dad. I mean, I wouldn't even dare to look at my dad right at his face if he is in a bad mood yesterday. But I was so proud of Taeng. He actually talk to my dad. Okay, maybe not really. Just a little chat. A serious chat. 

I was even proud of him when he actually assure me that he will not leave until I'm his. Or he is mine.

After breakfast, Taeng went to take a shower while I lie on the couch, snacking on tibits as I watch the DVD my sister lend it to me recently.. " Our love in Paris ". The lead actor and actress actually resembles Taeng and I. Not the looks though. I think Taeng is much more handsome than him. Gaahh~ I think that is why my sister wants me to watch it. The main actress is also in a arranged marriage. Just that, her fiance is a real bastard. He scammed the company's money and eye to be a shareholder of the fiancee's father business.

I'm not sure if I'm lucky or unfortunate that Dennis is a upright, down-to-earth person. I can't stop the marriage by accusing him of having motive in marrying me, like in this movie. That's ridiculous. Sigh, if only he is..

The house phone rang, which awakens me from my daydream. " Hello?"

" Hi sis !! " 

" Oh? Sis, whats up? "

" What are you doing ? "

" Watching the DVD you gave me.. It's totally.. "

" Totally like your story, huh?"

" Just blame on Den, being an honest person."

" Yeah right. Oh, dad wants me to invite you over for dinner. "

" Dinner? Tonight? Is Parkers going to be there too ?"

" Yep tonight.. Hmm most probably ? I saw Chef Johnny cooking a whole wok of soup."

" Right. Be there by 8. I will bring him too."

" What?! You serious? Y-yo.. "

" Sis. Just tell Chef Johnny to cook another share. But don't tell dad, yet."

" What are you thinking seriously, Steph? "

" I just want this to stop. See you!! " I hang up the phone straight away, before hearing her reply.