Chapter 17

Power Of Love

Taeyeon's POV

I stood by the entrance staring at the scene. Then Fany saw me, she quickly pull their hands apart. Dennis looks shock at Fany's sudden rejection.

He turn and look at me with a curious face. I walk towards them, took the liquid near me and splash it on the jerk.

Fany quickly ran to me and grab my arm, though it's too late.

" Don't harrass my girlfriend. Bastard ! "  He was going to stand up and maybe physical attack me because he looks angry,

but I pull Fany out of the shop, before he could. "Sorry Den ! I will call you later!! " Fany shouted, apparently the whole Ice Cream shop customers heard it too, before the door close.

" What?!  Call him later?! For what?! " I let go of my grip on her arm and question her furiously.

" Taeng, what's your problem?! Why do you have to do that?! "

" I SHOULD be the one asking, Hwang Mi Young."  

Never ending. All these conversations will never end if we continue to stand outside the shop, questioning each other.

I hate this. I've never shouted at her before. Never. But this time, I couldn't take it. My heart aches so much..

I ran away after we stare at each other for quite a while, as I can feel that my eyes are filled with tears, I don't want to let her see me like this.

" Taeng wait! "

I ran and ran. Running to somewhere with no specific location. Tears rolling down my cheeks so fast because I was running. I wipe and continue to run. I didn't turn back to look either. I run and run and eventually stop at playground. I sat under a slide and cry the whole night.

 

--

 

Tiffany's POV

" Taeng, what's your problem?! Why do you have to do that?! " I got so angry when Taeng splash the cup of Ice Lemon Tea on the table at Den.

"I SHOULD be the one asking, Hwang Mi Young."  Then I suddenly remember that I share some physical contact earlier in the Ice Cream shop with Den. I felt guilty. I didn't reply him. We just stare at each other.

I can sense that behind those eyes. He feel insecure, worried, angry, confuse and .. 

Taeng ran away after I see his eyes getting all teary.  " Taeng wait! " I want to stop him. But he just ran all the way, without stopping...

 

Den came out of the Ice Cream shop after washing his shirt in the washroom. " Fany, what's going on?! Isn't that your chauffeur!? What the is his problem?! "

"Sorry Den, I will explain it next time. I 've got to find him. Bye! " I ran with my heels and slightly lifting up my gown to make me run faster.

Where did he go?! Didn't he know it's LA ? What if he gets lost?!

Taeng.. please be alright..

Please..

 

-

I search everywhere for him. But I still couldn't find him after 2hours.  I can't get through his phone either. This is killing me.

I just took a taxi home and hope to find him in the apartment.

After I reach home, I search everywhere, every corner. No one. I lie on my bed and cry for the whole night till I eventually fall asleep.

 

--

 

Next morning I woke up and briefly look around the hall. No one either. I feel so helpess. I call Michelle and told her I need her here right now, so she immediately come within an hour after I finish my shower.

"Sis !!! " I ran towards her and gave her a hug when she arrive. My tears unknowingly feel up my eyes and roll down my cheeks.

" Oh my.. What happen Stephy?! Take a seat first and slowly tell me about it.. " She gently wipe my tears as I try to take in a deep breath.

" Y-you pro-promise not to o-over react once I t-tell you o-oh kay.. ?"  I say within sobs. She slightly nodded with a worried smile.

" I fell in love with a guy in Korea.." Michelle's face was so shock but she didn't say anything. She wants me to continue..

" We got together for quite a while .. I know , I know I shouldn't ! But.. I really love him so much, sis.. " Michelle keep nodding and she looks like she's going to cry soon.

" I've never had a boyfriend, a boyfriend I truly love, sis.. I just want to try.. Because I love him and he loves me so much. I want to be loved by him, and I want to love him."

" But.. I didn't tell him I'm engaged.. I'm.. I lie to him all this while.. I.. I don't want this to happen.."

" He..he ran away last night after he saw me and Den together.. after the dinner at Dad's.. I-I can't find him.. I feel so lost sis.. I can't live without him.. "

My cries became louder and I can't seem to stop. Michelle is crying too. We hug ecah other and cry for it seems so long.

Then I smell a familiar scent.

I break the hug and turn and saw Taeng standing beisde the guest room door. Tears falling down..

" Taeng! "

 

--

 

Taeyeon's POV

I got home after finally and heard water sound coming from Fany's room. She must be showering.

I walk to the guest room and fall on the bed. Trying to get some rest after staying up last night at the playground, thinking so much..

Then I heard her voice. And another voice. So familar.. Oh.. It's Michelle. I confirm after hearing her calling her sis for so many times.

Her voice...

Is she crying? 

I walk to the door and sit beside it, trying to hear their conversation when Fany mention "Boyfriend "

 

 

My soul left me when I heard everything. Engaged. Fany's engaged. How can this be?! 

I open the door unknowingly and stare at the 2 figures crying together. I cried when I flashback what Fany has said. Engaged.

Then she look at me. As if she knows that I'm standing here. " Taeng! "

She ran towards me and gave me a big hug.

I push her away gently and ran out of the apartment again.

This time, I know she's running behind me.

 

I stop running when I reach the beach, near the sea. 

" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I scream all my unhappiness out.

But it seems not enough so I continue to cry and cry. Kicking the sand and throwing the sea shells.

I lie on the sand after getting so tired doing so many physical actions. I smell her. But I didn't open my eyes.

 

I didn't move my position for quite a while. But I slightly open my eyes and saw her sitting beside me..

We both didn't talk or move for more than it seems. And I eventually went into slumberland.