Chapter 21

Power Of Love

Tiffany's POV

I'm half awake, moving my hand around to feel the comfortable bed. I open my eyes when I realize he's not on the bed with me.

I look around the room. The window blinds still lowered, revealing our smiling faces. I smile with it. Then I got up and went to the wash room, Taeng's not there.

I walk down the hall and shouted out for him, but the house is so quiet because it's still early. I guess the rest of them were still sleeping since it's a Sunday. But where did Taeng go ? I walk back to my room and wash myself up. Then I sit on the edge of my bed, and dial Taeng's number. He still didn't pick up after my 3rd call so I decided to send a sms. 

<< To: Taeng baby<3

 Hunnn~ Where are u? :<  >>

I close my flip phone and went out for shopping.

--

 

Today I'm going back to LA.. I wish to spend this day with my beloved, but I just couldn't find him. I was on the verge of exploding after I reach home from shopping, and still no sign from him. " URGH!!! " I throw my shopping bags on the couch once I go in the apartment. 

" Hey!! " Sunny sit up from the couch I threw my things on and move them away.

" Oh my, sorry Sunny.. Didn't see you... " I smile apologetically and bitterly change to a sad face.

" What's wrong ? Aren't you leaving for LA later? Oh, Where's Taeyeon ?" Sunny spamming me with questions as I take a seat beside her.

" He's officially missing. "

" Who is missing?" A voice heard from afar. I smile and turn around, hoping it will be the one I've been waiting for to appear.

However.. It's just Yuri. I sigh deeply which caught everyone's attention.

" I didn't see Taeng the whole day though. "

" Me either."  Yuri, followed by Sooyoung reported.

" Come on Fany, I bet he's trying to get your attention or maybe planning something for you . Hahah~ Let's all go out and have a farewell dinner for you. Right guys?! " Sica came towards me and place her hands on my shoulders.

Everyone cheered and the 7 of us went for dinner together. During dinner, I continue to spam Taeng. It's already the night, where are you Taeng.. 

We went to the pub after dinner to get ourselves high. But I feel more disappointed. I miss my prince so badly. I feel like drowning myself.

I call the bartender several times for more alcohol. But god dammit. Why am I so good at holding my liquor? Why can't I just get drunk ?

" Fany, you should stop. " Yoona came to me after making out with Seohyun in the dark. That button on her shirt and lipstick stains on Seohyun's neck betrayed them.

"I want to get drunk!  ARGH" I push Yonna away and continue to call for more strong liquor.

 

Yuri's POV

Once we reach the pub, I notice Tiffany keeps drinking. I ask Sica to stop her, but she's just too lazy to help her best friend. Just because she's confident that Tiffany will not get drunk no matter what, plus she's feeling terrible right now, only liquor can help her.

Where the hell is Kim TaeYeon?! I went outside the pub and call him more than 10 times. No answer. I gave up, so I just send a text message.

<< To Taeng Bro :

Where the hell are you ?! We are at the pub now, your girlfriend keeps drinking. She's going to puke if she doesn't get drunk. She's flying off in 4hours time. Alone. What if there's no one to help her?! You better get your here now bro. Or else.  >>

 

I slam my phone on the table and take my seat beside Tiffany. " Hey, let's play guessing game. Loser drinks, okay? " I try to find ways to reduce her drinking, and this is the only idea I got. She just puts her thumbs up and we started playing.

 

God, I kept losing. I think I'm really stupid. Well done Kwon Yuri. You and your stupid idea. I drank too much till I feel like puking. " Come on Yul !!! DRINK IT!! LOSER~" Tiffany totally got hyper from all those drinking. Her voice getting louder and louder each time.

I show her my palm and drank the last cup. " I'm done. Sica shall play with you.. " I overturn the empty cup and shake the sleepy sica sitting with us and walk to another table for a rest.

" Oww... " I lean against the cushion, rubbing my chest. Hoping it could help for not puking. Then I felt vibration.

 

<< From Taeng Bro :

She's not my girlfriend anymore. Anyway, help me to take care of her after the drinking. Give her drink lots of plain water before going to the airport. I trust you buddy, thanks. >>

" What the !" I unconsciously shout out super loudly that cause Sica to frown at me from afar. I call him again, this time his phone is off. Seriously Taeng is pissing me off. Why is he always acting like this after knowing the truth? So calculative that she's not his anymore and keep mentioning whenever I say the word "girlfriend". He's making himself more demoralize to be honest.

 

--

When it's about time, we left the pub and headed home. The girls help to pack Tiffany's luggage . Surprising Tiffany didn't puke. Woah, she's amazing. Much better than me. Being a guy, yet vomitting for the 3rd time already. Luckily no one got drunk because all of us wants to send Tiffany off.

It's 9.30pm when we leave for the airport. 11.55pm is her flight. I notice Fany's on the verge of crying. The more I feel like killing Taeyeon.

What is he thinking this time?!

 

Taeyeon's POV

I woke up super early, or rather I didn't sleep at all. The whole night, I stare at her face. This baby skin face. When will I see you again?

I went to jog once the sun rise, trying to figure out what is the best way to get Fany back.

Then I don't feel like going home, because I can't bear to face the reality that Fany's going back to her fiance's arms after today.

 

--

 

So, end up I went home, my parents' home.

I saw my elder brother, Ji Woong, sitting with a lady in the backyard.

" Hyung ?" I call out to him, holding my sweat towel around my neck.

" Woah! Taeng?! " My brother turn his face. He looks so different now. When we were still a teenager, my parents always that he's weaker than me, because I join the police force.  But now.. wow, he is so well built. It's been like 6months since I see my family members.. all because of work and .. love. So I decided to come home and take a look.

 

" Let me look at you. Still stiff as ever! " He lightly punch my chest. But I feel pain. "Why did you hit where my heart is? It's already hurt .." I look down rubbing my chest and mumble to myself. Apparently he didn't hear. " Let me introduce my girlfriend,  Yoo In Na. Baby, this is my little brother. Kim Tae Yeon. " My brother brought his girlfriend to introduce to me.

 Wow, she's so gorgeous. " Hi, such a handsome brother. Just like you, baby. " She gave my brother a peck on his cheek which made me feels a bit sour inside. I quickly switch my vision to the ground. "Er, hi." I stiffly shook her hand and gave an awkward smile. 

" Er, you guys enjoy yourselves, I will go find mum. "  I take my leave and went to the kitchen, where the smell is coming from.

"Hi mum.." 

My mum jump up and that make me laugh.

" OH MY.. MY BABY TAETAE!!! " She give a tight hug. " Why didn't you come back to see mummy? Or call me?" 

" You didn't call me too, mum." My mum always has 101 facial expressions. She open widely exaggerating as if waiting for a fly to go in.

"Sorry dear, mum went to Paris with your dad for 3months. We came back just last week. We wanted to call you , you know.. "

" It's okay mum..I know you guys always travel, that's one of the reason why I didn't call. Can I go take a look at my room ? " 

My mum smile sweetly and gave me signal to leave. She shouted as I was climbing up the stairs to ask me stay for lunch . I agree since I don't want to go back home to face Fany. I've received many calls from her and a text message. I'm not sure of how to reply her , let alone facing her if I go home.

I step in my room and saw everything in place. Even though I moved out for about 5 years already, I return to overnight once in the while. However since last year, I hardly go back to visit my family, let alone stay for a night.

 

--

 

I saw the picture of me and Hammie on my desk. I smile at the picture. I feel relieve that I'm able to forget that previous love and move on with this angel that has changed my life. I took out my wallet from my backside pocket and chose one of the 3 pictures I keep.

I remove the picture of my previous relationship and replace it with my new beginning. I smile at the pretty eyesmile in the picture. I gently rub her face in the frame with my index finger. " I love you.. " Then I a tear drop on the desk, I was surprise, because I don't even know I'm tearing, out of the sudden.

" Hey Tae! " Someone pat on my back, I swiftly wipe away my tears and put back the photo frame on the table.

" WOW! LOOK WHO IS THIS!! " My brother snatch the photo frame from me.

"HEY ! GIVE IT BACK !" I was worried that my brother will drop that photoframe carelessly.

The more I chase, the quicker he run. " MUM! LOOK !" He show mum the photo after running down to the kitchen. Urgh.. 

" Oh my, Taetae, is this your new girlfriend? Oh look ! She has a beautiful eyesmile! Just like Seung.. "

My brother give me a ICWUDT(i see why you do that ) face after my mother cover when she was about to mention Hammie.

" Urgh ! " I snatch the photo frame and wipe Fany's face.

" Mum. She is my girlfriend. And.. NO. I don't love her because she smiles like Ham.. Seungyeon. Okay?! " I divert my attention to my brother showing him a I-Will-Whack-You-If-You-Provoke-Me face.

He surrender with his arms up and I just roll my eyes at him. 

" Tell me more about her. Why didn't you bring her home?! Go fetch her now, my dear!"  My mum got excited.

" Er.. actually.. we broke up. She's not my girlfriend anymore.. " I say in a soft yet audible voice.

" Why? " My mum place her hand at my back, trying to show me her support.

" It's complicated mum.. She's.. engaged." My mum opens widely again, my brother too. Well, Miss Yoo In Na too. She came and stand next to Ji Woong after I said it's my girlfriend in the picture.

 

--

Then I spend the whole afternoon telling them the story, I shed tears and wipe them with tons of tissues. A moment I feel like girl, being so weak and stuff. But I feel so much better. 

" I advice you to fight for your love. I fought for In Na too." My brother smirk at his girl then planted a kiss on her lips. Gosh.

" I know, it's tough for such a nice girl to break this big promise. But if she really loves you, she should know what's the right decision. "

Mum agrees with hyung. " Every lady needs a promise, I think if you promise that you will always love and treasure her, she will not think twice in fighting all the obstacles with you. " In Na speak up too. 

I absorb everything that they say, and I think it's true. I can't let my beloved go. But how?

 

I only stayed for lunch, unfortunately unable to meet my dad. I left and went to the beach. The place I had sweet and sad memories with her.

I lie on the beach thinking and thinking. I miss her. I was kind of surprise that I can stay the whole day without contacting her.

But images of her has never left my heart and mind at all. 

I lie for the whole afternoon, and I think it's time to go home and bathe. So I look around outside the apartment and walk in after noticing no cars were parked. Means everyone's out. Most probably a farewell party for her. Those people who loves to party all night, are my best friends. Especially Sica. Even though she's lazy..

 

After my bath, I look at my phone, vibrating and eventually stop. I took it up and saw.  10 miss calls from Yul Buddy. Woah...

Then I receive another vibration. A text message from him.

What?! She's drinking again.. I've told her many times by taking advantage of her liquor level is totally not cool. 

I begin to worry about her. So I decided to reply Yul. However I don't know why I keep erasing every word I type.  What should I write ? How should I write?  I need to be cautious about my reaction. I don't know why but I feel so burden.

 

After so long, I send the message. Trying to look as if I don't care at all. I leave the apartment and head to the pub.