Chapter 22

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later

30 weeks pregnant

Nam House

 

Dear Diary,

I must say these months were too good to be true; I don’t get to complain about my boy’s bad mood to be fair he is going through a lot. Again, he doesn’t look that heavy, and it might fool others, but I’m sure he’s uncomfortable since the baby is getting bigger and delivery date is coming closer.

My boy cries easily now and insecure about his look though he looks amazing, but I can’t erase that feeling even when I kept on saying how fabulous he looks, in fact when I try to compliment him I get yelled at, just like now.

“AJUSSHI, LEAVE ME ALONE.”

“Babe~~, you said the baby moved.”

“Wah, you think it’s fun when she moves!!!!! Why don’t you carry her for me and experience it by yourself instead of touching me every freaking minute!!!!!!!”

“I just kissed you-”

“Ajusshi~~~~, stop talking!!!”

“Stop making things hard on Sunggyu.”

Seeing how annoyed my boy was my mom decided to interfere, and of course side by her favourite boy on earth, I think he is spoiled because of her.

“Uma!! What did I do!!!”

“I’m going home” Woohyun followed Sunggyu to the door, “And don’t follow me.”

“I’ll come with you.”

“NO!!”

“Why~~~~?”

“Ajusshi, go away.”

“Can you at least let me walk you there?”

Sunggyu gave it a little thought before he nodded, and it made Woohyun grin happily. The weather was beautiful, and no more heavy jackets and scarfs are needed, which worked great for Sunggyu, light clothes feel much better.

 

 

 

Park

 

We didn’t go directly to his house, my boy wanted to eat ice cream, and I felt like eating one too. Besides, ice cream makes him talk that way I’ll understand what is he upset about; it can’t be because I tried to touch his tummy, can it be?

“I’m sorry, babe.”

“Ajusshi!”

“I wish I could make you feel better, but I fail every time.”

“It’s not because of you”, Sunggyu felt like he needed to explain for Woohyun more, he doesn’t want his fiancé to misunderstand him, “Or me or our baby, I’m just experiencing new things that I, myself don’t understand.”

“You’re going to be fine.”

“That’s what everybody keeps on saying, but what if I screw up!!! What if she cries and I don’t know what she wants!!! Omg, I can’t even think of a good bedtime story that doesn’t include kidnapping, villains and bad people or pigs or talking animals!!! Or worse, what if I’m in labour and I couldn’t tell!!!! Damn, what if it’s so painful that I can’t handle????”

“I’ve got this babe. Trust me; we’ll make sure you’re on drugs and don’t feel a thing.”

“Promise?” Woohyun nodded, “Fine, what about bedtime stories?”

“I’ve got this covered as well.”

“How!!! How are you going to fix this?”

“Let’s take you home first, and I’ll be back with my solutions.”

 

 

 

Kim House

 

It wasn’t only Woohyun who felt helpless, Mr and Mrs Kim didn’t know how to cheer up their son. Since he got home, he stayed on the couch pouting flipping through the TV channels.

Not just the elders, Sungyeol and Myungsoo, were sitting next to him too scared to say a word, Sunggyu kept on changing the channels, and at the same time, he complained how these two always ditch him to make out!!!

It didn’t take long for Woohyun to finally arrive with a big book to meet the worried family, “Woohyun, where have you been???”

“Everything okay, uncle?”

“No!!” Mr Kim leant closer to Woohyun and whispered making sure his wife and son don’t hear him, “Your auntie wasn’t even that bad!!”

“Is he cry?”

“Not anymore, he kept on talking about villains and talking mouse? I think he meant Mickey Mouse, but I didn’t even dare to ask.”

“Don’t worry uncle I’ve got this, just leave him to me.”

Mr Kim had no other choice but to nod and trust Woohyun on this, he already tried everything but it didn’t work he even made Sunggyu cry unintentionally one time. The elders and the young ones left the living room to give them some privacy, Sunggyu tends to make a bigger scene whenever they’re around him.

“Babe, let’s go upstairs.”

“I’m not having with you, Ajusshi.”

“Who said anything about ?”

“Oh, great!!! So, now you don’t want to sleep with me!!”      

“I do, I do, I do~~~.”

Sunggyu chuckled when Woohyun showered him with kisses, “Araso, Araso I believe you.”

“Can we go to your room?”

 

Sunggyu’s room;

The look on my boy’s face waiting for me to show him why we’re here was adorable, I sat in front of him on the bed and placed my diary between his hands.

“What is this?”

“You wanted a bedtime story for our baby.”

“Hmm, and?” Sunggyu examined the book, “That’s a diary.”

“Yes, my diary.”

“I didn’t know you write one.”

“It’s something I loved to do since I was young, go ahead open it.”

Sunggyu opened the first page, “Your diary starts on the day we met on the plane?”

“I started to write our story in a different book and had the intention to give it to you when part one is finished.”

“Ajusshi! That’s- I don’t know what to say!”

Woohyun chuckled awkwardly, “I know it’s silly.”

“Ani, I love it thank you, Ajusshi.”

I wasn’t expecting my boy to love this, I was preparing myself for one of his jokes or probably get mad at me, but he actually liked it!!!

That is how we spent the afternoon, my boy laying on me reading the book and smiling, he even marked a few pages he liked the most to reread them whenever he feels down.

I’m glad I decided to write it separately it made it even more special as if none of what happened in life mattered until the day I met Sunggyu, my bratty boy. 

“Is there going to be part two?”

“Hmm, baby coming and moving into the next step.”

“I can’t wait to read it for her” Sunggyu pecked Woohyun’s lips, “Thank you, I’ll read it for Hyuna.”

“We will read it together.”

“Ajusshi, we have our own fairytale!!!”

“And villains are our family, which are weak with no supernatural talent.”

“It’s perfect; I love them.”

“And I love you” Woohyun hugged Sunggyu, “And love our baby, I will make sure to be there whenever she cries, we can even flip a coin a guess why is she crying.”

Sunggyu chuckled, “There are only two options.”

“True, pooped or hungry.”

“Ajusshi?”

“Yeah, babe?”

“Thank you; I love you.”

 

A few hours later, Mr Kim knocked on the door and waited for them to answer to check on his boy, he couldn’t sleep without checking on his son knowing how depressed his son was feeling.

“How is he?”

“Sleeping” Woohyun welcomed the elder inside, “I made sure he is smiling before he sleeps I promise.”

I want to be like Mr Kim to my kids; the warmth filled his eyes looking at his son and the gentle touches on my boy’s hair just to make sure he is alright made my heart happy. I understand why my boy is fully attached to his family especially his father. I’ve had a loving father too but not like Mr Kim, the man’s priorities are his kids both of them Sunggyu and Myungsoo.

“I’m sorry if we’re troubling you.”

Uncle~~” Woohyun hugged the elder, “I love your son, I’m happy looking after him.”

“Want to join me for a drink?”

 

Living room;

Mr Kim asked Woohyun to join him for a cup of tea before he leaves or stay over whatever it’s convenience to him, he won’t push it and let them do it their way without interfering and for that Woohyun was thankful, it means Mr Kim finally trusts him on his son and fully accepted him.

“So, you and Sunggyu are engaged.”

Woohyun smiled nodding, “Hmm, he told you?”

“Yeah, he can’t keep anything for too long from me; I just promised him not to say a word to his mother.”

“I bet, and for how long you’re keeping it a secret?”

Mr Kim chuckled, “I can’t keep a thing from my wife, so probably a week max.”

“So, mom and dad will find out in a week too.”

“It’s a circle, I can’t believe Sunggyu hasn’t learned yet”, Woohyun smiled nodding agreeing with the elder, it’s like Sunggyu always tells his father his biggest secret in hope he doesn’t say a thing to his mother, thankfully the younger doesn’t make a scene when he discovers that his father already sold him off to his mother, “Did you find a ring?”

“Sunggyu doesn’t want to wear one, he even threatened me.”

Mr Kim chuckled, “That’s my boy.”

“Uncle~~.”

“I’m kidding.”

“You think I should listen to him or get us matching engagement rings?”

Mr Kim was happy that Woohyun is consulting him about something relate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter