Chapter 28

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car ride from Hospital

 

Dear Diary,

My hands have never been this full! I didn’t know that having a baby with a teen could be this stressful!! I thought it would be like movies, the teen grows up taking responsibility, and we live happily ever after.

But that’s not what happened, on one hand, I was holding baby Hyuna and then there is my boy sleeping on the other side of my shoulder. Mom and Auntie assured me that it’s only because my boy is tired and that things will go well with time. I’m hoping they’re right to be honest because his mother sounded unsure, to be honest, my boy seemed uncertain about his baby for some reason as if he doesn’t want to touch her or acknowledge her existence.

Sunggyu opened his eyes to his baby girl face; she looked like an angel sleeping between Woohyun’s arms that it made him smile just by looking at her, “Ajusshi.”

“Yes, babe?”

“Did you give her milk?”

He has mother’s instincts; it means he is not avoiding her like I thought, “Hmm, 5 minutes ago, did you want to do it?”

“Ani!! You do it; I don’t know how to feed her.”

“I’ll teach you.”

“I don’t know, can’t you be in charge of feeding and changing her?”

“How about this, I’ll do it, for now, change diapers and feed her and you can watch me and learn so with time it will be easy.”

Though Mr and Mrs Kim were sitting in the front seats, they didn’t comment or interfered with how Woohyun is handling their son. Usually, Mrs Kim will drop an order or force Sunggyu to do something but not this time she knows well not to push him in this matter not to hate his daughter. The elders were impressed by how Woohyun is dealing with this calmly with an open heart.

Sunggyu gave it a little thought caressing the baby Hyuna’s cheek lightly before he nodded, “Araso.”

“Do you want to carry her?” Sunggyu shook his head a ‘no’ and Woohyun took it as if the younger is scared to drop her, “Maybe later, uh?”

“Hmm.”

“Howon and the others wanted to come and see you, do you want to see them tomorrow or you need rest?”

“They’re all welcome anytime; I miss Seonsaeng-nim.”

“I know, he really wanted to come today but he wasn’t feeling well and you were tired all day sleeping.”

“Is he okay?”

“Hmm, he says the usual cramps and Heechul has his son for the night he couldn’t leave him alone sleeping in bed.”

“Ajusshi, it’s okay; they’ll come when they can.”

“I’m just telling you what they want me to say; these two won’t be able to sleep worried about you.”

“Old people overthink a lot.”

 

 

Kim’s House

 

As expected my brother arrived at my boy’s house even before us waiting for his twin, I totally understand they’re so close my brother must be the only one understanding my boy’s fears, I kind of need his help right now.

“Yeolie~~” Sunggyu hugged his friend when he found him waiting for him, “Sleepover tonight, please?”

Sungyeol looked at his brother for approval knowing well that his Hyung would want to sleep with his fiancé, but strangely he got a nod along with a smile, “Araso, put Hyuna in bed, I’ll just go home and bring my stuff, okay?”

“Hmm, okay”, Sunggyu then looked at Woohyun for help, “Ajusshi, you’re coming?”

“Sure”, Woohyun handed Sunggyu the baby carrycot, “I’ll be back fast, I just need to drop my suitcases home and get new clothes.”

“Wait”, Sunggyu looked at his baby then back at Woohyun “Don’t you want to take her?”

“Ani, she better stays with you.”

“What if she cries?”

“Carry her; it means she misses her mammy.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me!!”

“Nope”, Woohyun kissed Sunggyu’s lips, “I’ll be back even before you know it.”

I did that on purpose; my boy needs time alone with our baby hopefully my brother would let him do it on his own and not jump in his place and do things on his behalf.

The elders understood what Woohyun was doing so they stayed out of it and allowed Woohyun to do it his way, Sunggyu was surprised when his parents wished him goodnight then left to their bedroom. Mrs Kim didn’t want to leave her son alone with a one-day-old baby, but for now, she’ll hold back until she feels its right to interfere, Woohyun kind of begged them to trust Sunggyu.

 

Mr and Mrs Kim room;

“This is a bad idea!”

“Sit down honey.”

“What does a kid know about taking care of another soul!!!”

“Nothing, he knows nothing, but he needs to start learning.”

“I know!! That’s why I want to stay around in case he needs help.”

“He has Woohyun”, Mrs Kim shook her head and was about to leave the room to her son’s, but Mr Kim stopped her with his words, “Don’t you think I’d want to stay by his side tonight as well???? That boy doesn’t even want to touch his baby too scared he’ll harm her!! As a parent, I can’t stand still and watch him suffer. I’ll do it all for him as I did in the hospital just to make him comfortable but until when?”

“Until he is ready to handle his baby by himself.”

“True, but if we kept on jumping in taking his job, he would never learn.”

“But- he’s just a kid.”

“I know”, Mr Kim smiled hugging his worried wife, “I’m not saying we won’t help, but helping him now isn’t going to benefit him it will increase the space between him and his baby, he doesn’t want to touch her.”

Mrs Kim looked at the door direction when the baby’s cries ringed the house, she knows what her husband is saying is right, but she is a mother she can’t just ignore her son when he needs help.

“I’ll take a shower.”

 

Sunggyu’s room;

Sunggyu stayed on the bed watching his baby cry out of the sudden; he swore he didn’t do anything or moved her, a minute ago she was sleeping peacefully in the carrycot! Yes, Sunggyu didn’t carry her out from there waiting for Woohyun to do it instead.

Since Woohyun wasn’t picking up probably driving or because of a dead battery, and his parents’ room is locked probably sleeping, Sunggyu had no one to call but Howon,

“Seonsaeng-nim~~.”

“Sunggyu, how are you? I’m sorry I couldn’t come today- wait, is that Hyuna’s voice?”

“Seonsaeng-nim~~, she started to cry out of the sudden, I swear I didn’t do anything!!”

“Is she hungry?”

“She just had her milk, Ajusshi already fed her.”

“Where is Woohyun?”

“That old man disappeared, he said he wouldn’t be late, but he is late, I told him to take her with him.”

“Sunggyu, breath calm down, you’ll do fine on your own just pick her up.”

“Very funny Seonsaeng-nim, the thing is I don’t know how to do it.”

 “I’ll teach you; listen carefully to what I say and do it.”

“I don’t know, what if I dropped her!”

“You won’t; you’re smart you’ll catch up fast.”

“A-Araso, so how I do it?”

Howon tried to explain as much as he could, it doesn’t require a lot of steps just to be confident, “Just make sure you support her head with one hand, okay?”

“Hmm.”

“Did you understand what I told you?”

“Yeah- I think.”

“Go, go for your baby; you’re going to be fine, I promise.”

“Thank you Seonsaeng-nim, bye.”

The younger stared at the baby after ending the call with Howon hesitating to carry her, what if she cries more? What if he accidentally drops her!! What if he never understands his baby and her needs!!!

“Please don’t cry, your dad is coming fast, uh? Just hang in there.”

It seems talking to her didn’t work; the little girl didn’t stop crying!!!! So, Sunggyu had no other option but to follow his teacher’s advice and carry her. Sunggyu didn’t know how to hold an infant, who the hell knows how to do it without instructions for god sake!!!! But it felt like he needed to do it, somehow.

Using his instincts and Howon’s instructions, Sunggyu slipped his right palm under the baby’s tiny head and then his left palm under her bottom. It didn’t make her stop from crying, so he had no other choice but to lift her, which was easy; she is so light.

“Alright I’m going to spin you and put you on my chest, we will lay down on the bed together until your daddy is back, Araso?”

Not that she listened but at least she is not screaming and all red anymore, with a lot of care and in very slow motion. Sunggyu successfully turned the little girl so that she can lay on his chest comfortably, this seemed to calm the little girl a little, and her cries subsided assuring the younger that he is doing something right.

“We will lay down on the bed don’t cry, Araso?” as a response baby Hyuna yawned, and it made Sunggyu smile, “So, you’re tired, huh? You should’ve said so from the beginning how would I know!!” Sunggyu caressed her back gently, “We got a lot of things in common, we both love to sleep.”

That has to be the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, dear Diary I never left I stayed in his balcony observing the situation, I knew he had it inside him he just needed a little push I guess, thanks to whomever he talked on the phone, I’m guessing it was Howon.

I know all new mammies need help and training, but in my boy’s case it isn’t going to work for him, he either drop all the work on his mother or me, having someone to help meant not trying at all.

 

A few minutes later;

Woohyun walked into the room with the same suitcases, not that Sunggyu noticed any way he is just glad the elder returned before she wakes up and cries again!!

“Ajusshi~~~, you’re late!”

Sunggyu gestured for Woohyun to take the baby and lay her in bed since she is already sleeping, he was thinking of a technique to get off his bed to the baby crib without waking her up but couldn’t find any, so he settled on the same position until Woohyun is back.

“It seems you know what you’re doing, babe.”

“A-Ani, I don’t!! Don’t leave me alone like that next time, you promised, how come you keep on breaking your promises!!!! Ajusshi, you’re getting old.”

Woohyun laid baby Hyuna in her crib, “I’m sorry, It was crowded”, he then joined pouting Sunggyu on the bed playing with the younger’s hair, “Are you hungry?”

“No, I want to sleep, switch off the lights.”

“But-”

“I’m tired.”

“Why don’t you eat-?”

“Sshh~~~.”

 

10 minutes later,

Knock, Knock

Sungyeol peeked in, “Can I come in?”

“Yeah, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter