Chapter 16

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul University

 

Since their argument, the day before, Sunggyu and Woohyun didn’t talk the younger felt he needs a break from all of these arguments he isn’t mentally or emotionally prepared for Woohyun’s mood and has enough to think about it. Of course, he received a message from Woohyun telling him to eat well and rest with a kiss emoji, but as usual, Sunggyu viewed it without replying.

Sunggyu huffed drinking his coffee while solving his assignment; though he was early home last night, he didn’t get to do anything, his mind was elsewhere. His parents were right these changes are affecting his focus on everything including college.

“What’s wrong, Gyugyu?”

“…”

“Gyugyu?”

“Hmm?”

“What’s wrong? Are you in pain? Do you want me to take to the hospital?”

Sunggyu smiled to assure his worried friend that he is fine; he kind of feels bad for everyone around him for making them worry, which so unlike him he is used to be the one caring for them, not the other way around.

“I’m fine, Yeolie don’t worry.”

“Don’t scare me like that again, every time you go into the silent mode, it means you’re in trouble.”

“…”

“Omg, not again!!”

“Yeol, I’m not in the mood to talk now, just leave me alone, please?”

“Did you fight with my brother?”

Sunggyu lowered his eyes back to his notes, “Ani, it’s not that” he then gathered his books, “I’m going to professor Heechul's office, I have questions, do you want to come?”

“Ani, I’m good, I’ll beat you to class, don’t be late.”

 

As Sunggyu walked to his professor office direction, he bumped into the one person he was avoiding for a whole month, Jackson! Well, you see he can’t be mad at him, it’s his fault for not clearing things out from the beginning, that’s why avoiding Jackson made things easier for him.

“Sunggyu, wait.”

“I’m busy, Jackson can we talk later?”

Jackson held Sunggyu’s arm, “five minutes, that’s all I’m asking.”

“Ok, what is it?”

“I’m sorry about that kiss, I had no right, you made it clear that you don’t want to go further with this and I promised you I wouldn’t do anything."

“Jackson, you kissed me in front of my boyfriend!”

“I didn’t know you had one; I swear” Jackson only learned about Woohyun after he kissed Sunggyu that night in his garden, “I couldn’t control myself that night, did you see your face in the mirror!!!!”

Sunggyu chuckled, “That’s the lamest excuse I’ve ever heard!!”

Jackson smiled as well because Sunggyu’s smile is contagious, “And congrats, Sungyeol told me you’re pregnant.”

Sunggyu’s face changed at that comment but thanked his friend regardless, “Thanks.”

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

Without words, Jackson hugged his friend when his tears fall, Sunggyu must’ve been going through a lot, it isn’t easy to be 18 and pregnant. It felt more comfortable to cry and show his feelings to someone who isn’t related to Woohyun, Sunggyu really wanted to tell Sungyeol, but it didn’t feel right to complain his boyfriend to his best friend, who happened to be his boyfriend's brother. That’s why having Jackson standing in front of him made it hard to contain his feelings.

 

Professor Heechul office;

Sunggyu knocked on the door asking permission to enter which was granted immediately, Heechul was waiting for him, “Hello professor.”

“Sunggyu hey, you’re late” Heechul frowned not liking the way Sunggyu’s face looked, “Are you okay? Your eyes are red.”

“I’m fine; I threw up that’s why.”

But that lie didn’t pass by Heechul, he was pregnant before and knows how a person looks after vomiting, Sunggyu looked like he was crying. So, without asking, the elder hugged Sunggyu just to let him continue crying without questioning him more, he was there last night and heard everything, Woohyun doesn’t seem to understand that Sunggyu is a teenager and pregnant meaning he is now very emotional and needs a lot of care. And he can’t blame his friend either, Woohyun like any other person in the world wants to settle down and have a family just like their friends Howon and Dongwoo.

Sunggyu and for the first time didn’t push his professor or object the hug but he did not hug back either, he simply stayed still letting his tears fall for the second time that day and this time between his professor’s arms, again between someone who isn’t related to Woohyun.

“All good?”

Sunggyu wiped his tears, “You must be thrilled, professor. You finally got that hug.”

“Brat, how dare you!! I’m your professor~~~.”

“Yeah, yeah I need to show you respect.”

“Yeah!!! And it’s not like you hugged back!!! Was it hard to hug me!!!”

"Hmm" Sunggyu bowed thankful for his professor support, “Thank you; I don’t know what happened to me.”

“Pregnancy Sunggyu, pregnancy happened to you.”

“Are you saying there will be more of this!!!!!”

“Hmm, this is just the beginning dear.”

“Omg!! No one told me this would happen!!”

“Why~~, if you knew then you wouldn’t have !”

“Omg, professor~~~~, that’s private!!!”

“We all know how babies are made Sunggyu; you need to have unprotected -”

“Wow, professor let’s stop here, I’m not here to discuss my life with you!!”, Heechul took the coffee Sunggyu holding and threw it away, “Professor~~, why~~~~!!!!!!”

“It’s not good for you; you drink too much coffee.”

“You sound like my mom.”

“Well, your mom is right, you should start listening to her” Heechul sighed joining the younger on the couch he had in his office, “Woohyun loves you, it will work out.”

“That’s what Seonsaeng-nim said” Sunggyu lowered his eyes, “it was mom’s idea not to move in with Ajusshi this soon, and dad agreed.”

“Hmm, I figured and what do you think about it? Do you want to move in with Woohyun?”

Sunggyu shook his head, and his professor understood that Sunggyu agreeing to Woohyun’s suggestion was without thinking, probably made while he was upset from something in his house like any other teenager, “I made him upset, he had plans.”

“What about your plans and dreams Sunggyu?”

“Professor!”

“Well?”

“I don’t have dreams; I just want to finish college.”

Heechul smiled at his student's simple thinking, “Did you two talk about all of this? You, getting pregnant? Move in together?”

“Ani, pregnancy was a big surprise and moving in was his idea, I agreed after fighting with mom I told him I want to live with him.”

Sunggyu was caught up in a moment when he agreed to move in with Woohyun; it wasn’t about being ready it was more like an escape from home with its rules, forgetting that by moving out he’ll have more responsibilities, which are bigger than him.

“It’s okay to have second thoughts Sunggyu and change your mind; it’s part of growing up.”

“Have you ever changed your mind professor?”

“Yeah.”

“Was it about your son?”

“Hmm.”

“Was it hard to leave your son?” Sunggyu bit his tongue at that, but it was too late he already asked the question, “I’m sorry professor I crossed the line, I didn’t mean to ask such question.”

“Ani, Ani, it’s okay and to answer your question it was, it was the hardest decision I ever made.”

“Jihoon loves you a lot.”

“And I love him even more.”

“Professor, it looks like you’re suffering why did you leave him?”

“I didn’t leave him; I gave him a better home” Heechul sighed, “My ex is a houseman, I was the opposite, I love my work.”

“You wanted your son to have a stable life even though it hurts you a lot?”

“Hmm.”

“Can’t you just change your mind?”

“Ani, and that’s part of growing up though I changed my mind and thought about taking my son back.”

“And why didn’t you?”

“I don’t want to confuse my son, bring him to court and get him into unwanted fights, change the routine he is used to now. If my son stable healthy and happy life means I sit back and watch from a distance, then it’s fine with me.”

“Even though you’re hurting?”

Heechul smiled nodding, “Hmm, I hope he grows up one day and comes on his own.”

“Professor, you love your son so much!! Are you even real!!!”

“All mothers love their children the most and risk getting  misunderstood if it’s in their children's benefit.”

Sunggyu remembered his mother at his professor last words as if he meant his mother, what if she was the one hurting the most!! What if his behaviour is affecting her more than anyone else, but he isn’t aware of it yet!

Sunggyu like any teenager got into a lot of troubles, but the last one with Sungyeol and drugs changed everything and now getting pregnant without planning and at his age also made her even more worried about her son. The only reason she didn’t get mad about it is that she knew Woohyun and his family, but like any other parent, she is not okay with how things are going fast for her son.

 

“Will I be able to love my baby like you” Sunggyu hugged his tummy, “Like my mom?”

“Ani” Sunggyu looked at his professor shocked, “You’ll be a disaster!!! For god sake you’re 18 what do you know about being a parent!!!!!!!!!!!”

Sunggyu chuckled at his professor tease, and was thankful he needed this, “Professor, just wait and see you’ll be shocked, I’ll do even better than you two.”

“Very funny” Heechul opened Sunggyu’s note, which was a mess, “You can’t even take proper notes!!!!!!!”

“Professor~~~~~~~~, give it back that’s personal~~.”

 

 

 

Nam House

 

Dear Diary,

Sick leave, I called for sick leave today. After arguing with my boy last night, I ended up in the bar with Key drinking. Don’t get me wrong, all I did is get drunk and talk about Sunggyu all night because he is all I got in my mind, so first I need to apologise to Key I kind of ruined his night out by being gloomy.

I made two mistakes last night, arguing with my boy and let him leave my friends’ house sad with tears in his eyes and then get drunk, what kind of grown-up behave like that! I didn’t even call and checked on him all I did was send a message like a coward but again never received a reply which means one thing my boy is angry at me.

 

“Ginger tea” Mrs Nam gave it to her son who’s been absentminded ever since he joined her in the living room complaining from headache, “It will help.”

“Thanks.”

“I thought you were with Sunggyu last night.”

“I was, he returned home early, he wasn’t feeling well.”

“So, you decided to get drunk with your friends after instead of staying with him.”

“Uma!”

“Get it all together son, you’re soon to be a father, the child Sunggyu is carrying belongs to you too.”

“I know.”

“Fix it, Sunggyu is very sensitive now.”

“Araso mom.”

With that Mrs Nam left her son alone to think about what he’s done, she knew it wasn’t because Sunggyu wasn’t feeling well for sure they fought over something that’s why he returned home drunk. That is Woohyun’s habit whenever things go hard, or he needed an escape he ends up in a bar drinking. Back in the US Woohyun usually drinks at his apartment but it didn’t seem right to do the same since he is staying at his parents’ house for now, then Key happened to be there and offered to give him a ride so why not.

After my mom left I checked my mobile one more time in hope to receive something from my boy but as I expected no messages from him only one from Heechul scolding me and ordering me to get my together, I guess my boy was with him. I don’t think it would be a good idea to call Sunggyu now; I felt a little sick – probably fever, so lying down and sleep would be the wisest thing to do right now, I’ll make sure to fix this before the day ends.

 

Woohyun’s bedroom;

Woohyun must’ve been very sick that he ended up sleeping till night time in bed, it seems the pill dose he took was strong and got him knocked out immediately.

I opened my eyes to the gentlest touch on my forehead and I knew this hand belongs to my boy, he looked worried and wasn’t paying attention to me squeezing the wet towel he probably got from my mom.

“Hey.”

Sunggyu tapped the towel gently over Woohyun’s neck keeping a very straight face, “You don’t have fever patches that’s why I’m using towels, I’m sorry if it woke you up.”

Woohyun held Sunggyu’s hand stopping him from moving the wet cloth, “I’m sorry.”

“You sure are different than others Ajusshi!!!” Sunggyu pulled his hand and threw the towel over Woohyun, “If you’re sorry, then would it hurt to call me?”

“You won’t answer me, babe.”

“AJUSSHI.”

“Araso, Araso you have every right to get mad at me babe, I screwed up big time, but this is all new to me-”

“Damn Ajusshi!!! You think this isn’t new to me as well????”

“Babe~~, sit down please? Let’s talk calmly, you’re pregnant it isn’t good for you.”

“Wah!! Very impressive Ajusshi, you impress me sometimes.”

Sunggyu gathered his things fast, “Wait, where are you going?”

“Home!! Since you feel better”, Sunggyu threw another towel on Woohyun, "Use this if you feel you have a fever."

“I don’t feel well, stay~~~~.”

“Ajusshi, how old are you????”

I pulled my angry boy between my arms hugging him tightly, Sunggyu not struggling or pushing me away meant he didn’t have the intention to leave anyway all I needed to do is do this, stupid Nam Woohyun!!!!

“I’m sorry~~~, I love you.”

“Shut up!!”

“Thank you for looking after me; I feel much better because of you.”

“All I did was use this towel don’t exaggerate!!”

“It still felt good, thank you.”

"Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter