Chapter 24 [Slight Angst]

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days later

Nam’s House

 

Dear Diary,

That got to be a nightmare!! Everyone says I’m in a relationship with my brother’s best friend and there is more they say we’re engaged and soon to be parents!! Apparently, I got him pregnant? Could I be more stupid!!! The boy is 18 how did our parents approve this, or was it because I knocked him up that we ended up engaged.

The doctor says I have selective amnesia meaning part of my memory is gone that’s why I remember my family and friends pretty well, still some events are missing, but I do remember them very well. I also remember returning from the US to continue living here with my family upon my mother’s request.

It's not that I don’t remember Sunggyu, that boy’s face is kind of familiar, but I just can’t remember being in a relationship with him! Honestly, I find it weird; we’re like 12 years apart for god’s sake.

To make things more awkward, my dear family thought leaving me alone with Sunggyu is a good idea hoping it will bring back my memories, which I do not think so because there ARE NO MEMORIES BETWEEN US.

 

“Don’t you want to go home? It’s late.”

Sunggyu gave Woohyun a brief look before he returned his eyes to his mobile playing games, “Nope, you need to sleep btw you have night school tomorrow.”

“How do you know about my working hours!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Sunggyu answered calmly without even bothering to spare the elder a look, “Because you told me, idiot.”

“I’m older than you, stop calling me names.”

“Hmm, you’re indeed older, how can you be stupid to forget about me!”

I took a deep, deep breath in hope to calm my nerves, I can’t believe we’re in a relationship that boy is a brat, but I’ll endure it until I get the truth from him there must be something my family doesn’t know about and it’s the reason why we’re engaged. I know, maybe we were just pretending in front of my family!!!

Woohyun joined Sunggyu on the bed, “Let’s talk since we’re both awake.”

Sunggyu locked his mobile giving me his full attention, there was something about the way he looks that I couldn’t read, it’s annoying me his looks have a lot of questions, but now that we’re sitting closer I must admit I don’t hate it at all.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“Did we- was it an accident that I got you pregnant?”

“Yup.”

“I knew it! So, I’m just fixing a mistake, right?”

Omg, did he just laugh at me!!!!! And he doesn’t seem so bothered that I don’t remember him! He is annoying!!

“Ajusshi, you practically begged me to go out with you, I just pitted you and agreed.”

“I don’t beg anyone; others begged me to go out with them.”

Sunggyu nodded, “Whatever helps you sleep through the night.”

“YAH.”

“Look Ajusshi-”

“Stop calling me Ajusshi; it’s very annoying!! If we’re dating then shouldn’t you be like calling me Hyung or baby or whatever cheesy nickname, you teen make nowadays!”

Sunggyu chuckled again, and it made Woohyun’s blood boil, “Geez, you didn’t need to get mad, and we do have a nickname.”

“We do!!?”

“It’s Woogyu.”

“Eww, shut up I’m not that cheesy!! Are you sure we were in love? Because I’m starting to question myself, I must be weird if it’s true.”

“You’re funny.”

“I can’t believe we dated!! Did you always talk to me like that?”

“Like what?”

“Are you playing dumb now?”

“Are you going to sleep? I’m sleepy now.”

“I want to read, go sleep with my brother get out.”

Sunggyu simply grabbed Woohyun’s shirt getting their faces closer, Woohyun watched Sunggyu’s eyes closed as he leant forward to kiss his lips finally. And it was a matter of seconds until the elder responded to that kiss closing his eyes as well.

It happened!!! I couldn’t do a thing a just let that boy kiss me!!! In my defence, I was surprised, and yes, I kissed back and how can I not! He is a good kisser.

After he was done kissing me, that boy quietly lay down giving me his back; I can’t believe he is spending the night on my bed after I kicked him out, don’t his parents like worry about their son! But I have no other choice now; I’ll just switch off the light and fix this problem tomorrow.

Sunggyu felt Woohyun lying down as well, but instead of getting closer the elder took the other side of the bed away from him, which was okay with him at least he didn’t leave the bed.

 

 

 

Yadong’s House

 

Howon walked back and forth in his bedroom complaining about his friend and in hope to ease the pain, “Sit down will you!”

“How can I sit down!!!!? Our stupid friend forgot about Sunggyu!!! The boy he chased and got pregnant!!”

“It’s out of his hand; it’s not like he wanted to forget about him. Will you sit down please!”

“I can’t it’s a little painful when I lay down or sit”, Minseo walked into the room to her mammy’s arms, “Why did you wake up princess?”

“I want to sleep with mammy.”

It wasn’t enough Howon was in pain, which was not normal btw especially bleeding at this stage of pregnancy wasn’t okay, Howon decided to Lully his girl back to sleep on his shoulder as he continued to walk around the room.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!! Didn’t you say you’re in pain?”

“Yeah, so?”

“Give me Minseo”, Dongwoo took the little girl from his careless husband, “Learn when to stop Lee Howon!”

“Relax, I’ve done this two times already it is not a big deal.”

“When you tell me, you bleed then yes it’s a big deal.”

“Spotting love, don’t overreact.”

“The doctor said it’s not the same as your previous pregnancies will you listen to me for once.”

It seems the little girl mammy and daddy argument made her sleepy, so she dropped her head on her daddy’s shoulder and closed her eyes, “But I’m not used to laying down and do nothing!”

Howon was the active type even when he was pregnant, he is not the type to lazy around and relax, going to work and exercise is his life, and because he didn’t have issue previously in his old pregnancies, it made it hard for him to sit and do nothing now.

“I’m not asking you to stop going to work; it’s just you don’t need to play basketball with your students!!! Sit down and watch them.”

“But I love to play.”

“Just for few months until the doctor says you’re good to go.”

“Fine” Howon sat on the bed pouting, he knows his husband is right, “I’ll stay at home tomorrow, maybe call Sunggyu to come over.”

“That’s a good idea” Dongwoo laid the little girl on their bed, “I hope Hyun isn't hard on him just because he doesn’t remember him.”

“Me too.”

 

Next day

Howon and Sunggyu returned home after getting done from a doctor appointment date. Yes, the two made sure to set their doctor appointment on the same day just in case their partners bailed on them. Like today, Dongwoo had classes and Woohyun simply doesn’t care because he still doesn’t believe they’re in a relationship, so he forgot.

“I should get myself one of these pillows, you’re right, the clinic pillows are so uncomfortable.”

“Hmm.”

Sensing how down the younger sounded ever since they returned from the clinic, Howon had to ask, “What’s wrong?”

Howon patted the space next to him on the sofa for the younger, “I’m not ready to have this baby now, it’s too soon.”

“It’s scary I know, but you got all of us don’t worry.”

“I don’t want to do it alone.”

Howon understood that by that Sunggyu meant Woohyun; the latter made it clear that he has nothing to do with the baby or Sunggyu himself and only will do his job as a father taking responsibility to what he’s done.

“He’ll come around, Woohyun loves you.”

“Don’t mention his name, that stupid old man.”

“I’m sure if it were up to Woohyun he’d forget everything except you, you know that, right?”

“Then why did he forget about me?”

“I’m sorry Sunggyu I don’t know.”

“The doctor said that the brain chooses unpleasant events to forget about when in shock” Sunggyu looked down with the saddest expression, “I wonder if I was a mistake, what if Ajusshi never wanted to go this far with me, but he had to because I got pregnant?”

“Now that’s crazy, how can you think that?” Sunggyu shrugged, “You know how badly Woohyun wanted to live with you and make your relationship official.”

“He doesn’t want to anymore.”

“He is sick and will get better soon.”

“What if he doesn’t remember me ever?”

“He will look why don’t you lay down a little? We had a long day; those examinations were uncomfortable I bet.”

Without a word, Sunggyu laid on the sofa and closed his eyes, thankfully Yadong’s couch was as fluffy as a bed and with his pillow, it was so comfortable that the younger fell asleep.

 

Later that day;

So, I got this text from my best friend to gather my and take responsibility for Sunggyu; Hoya threatened me not to hurt his feelings and be more considerate. The thing is I didn’t know I was hurting him, to begin with, that boy is so bratty and doesn’t give a to what I say or do as if he is the boss of me and everything, it’s kind of hard to believe he is hurting or even sad.

It’s not like I didn’t try to remember him or make an effort to find something that linked us together, I even looked into my diary in hope to find something a clue about our relationship and how it was, but I found nothing! As if that boy never existed in my life, just random visits and they were all for my brother, which made sense btw way I know they’re very close to each other.

When I arrived at my friends’ house after school and before I start work at night again (talking about stupid decisions, why did I agree to do extra work!) I found that boy sleeping peacefully on my friends’ couch, he looked so peaceful that I wanted to hug him- wait, wait hug him?!! What is wrong with me!!! Touching his hair won’t harm, right? I hope I don’t wake him up because that would be so awkward.

It’s amazed me how my fingers fit so well between his hairs strands he is used to me, my touches didn’t wake him up he simply turned his head to the other side and continued to sleep.

“You’re going to wake him up.”

Woohyun retrieved his hand immediately when his friend joined him with tea, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb him.”

“The old you won’t apologise for touching him!! You loved that boy and challenged everyone to be with him, how could you be stupid enough to forget something precious!!”

“I looked into everything Howon; I couldn’t find a thing! You say we’re engaged but” Woohyun showed his hand, “I’m not wearing a ring, and neither does he.”

“What about your phone? I’m sure there are pictures.”

“It got smashed in the accident; I could only retrieve my contact numbers and guess what is his name in my mobile!”

“Bratty boy.”

“How did you know that!!!”

“Sunggyu bratty attitude is what made you fell in love from the beginning.”

“I’m not sure about it because sometimes I feel like-”

“Don’t! Don’t say it” Howon interrupted Woohyun from saying something he might regret later, what if Sunggyu is not asleep and could hear th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter