Chapter 12

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim House

 

“Why are you still wearing your pyjamas?”

“I feel sick; I don’t want to go to college today.”

“No, you’re not!!!”

“UMA!”

“See you’re not sick if you were you wouldn’t yell like that!!”

“Fine, I’m lying I’m not sick.”

“See, now go change and leave the house I sent you boys to school so that I have time for myself!”

Sunggyu turned to leave, but nausea kicked in again, he tried to hold it in like he used to do but not this time, Mrs Kim followed her son worriedly to check on him she never saw him gag this much before he threw up in the living room trash bin.

“I’m sorry, Uma I didn’t mean to threw up here.”

“Honey, it’s okay” Mrs Kim stayed by her son’s side waiting, and she gladly did, Sunggyu emptied his stomach again, she then gave her son tissues and helped him stand to rest in his room, “Why didn’t you tell me you’re sick?”

“No kidding Uma! I just did.”

“Wah, you have a black heart I’m your mother it won’t hurt to give me excuses.”

“You thought I’m lying!”

“Usually I’m always right, come on go wash.”

 

Sunggyu’s bedroom;

Mrs Kim was still in Sunggyu’s room when he walked out from the bathroom, “Don’t worry Uma, you can go and have your free time I’ll just sleep.”

“Oh, shut up” Mrs Kim joined her son in bed and hugged him, “You have a fever.”

“It will go.”

Mrs Kim’s fingers caressing his hair made Sunggyu dizzy, “When was the last time I hugged you like this.”

“Never, you were busy with Myungsoo.”

“Sunggyu~~.”

“I mean it in a good way I promise.”

“You never let me hug you when you were little, always saying I’m a man hugs are for babies go hug Myungsoo.”

Sunggyu smiled remembering this, he was seven years old when he started to act all grown up, “Myungsoo had nobody at that time” Sunggyu looked up at his mother face “I had you and dad and Sungyeol and Auntie.”

“I never told you this before, but I was always proud of you, even when I scolded you.”

“I know, but you have a strange way to show it to me!!!”

“That’s because you’re weird!!!!”

“Uma~~~~~.”

“I’m kidding geez” Mrs Kim kissed her son’s head, “You know you can tell me anything, even about Woohyun.”

“Hmm” Sunggyu groaned checking his mobile, Sungyeol was calling to check on him, and he wasn’t in the mood to answer anyone, so his mother did that job for him

“Hello, Sungyeol.”

“Auntie, how are you?”

“I’m fine.”

“Is Gyu alright?”

“Your friend is sick and sleeping now, I’ll tell him to call you when he wakes up.”

“Can I pass by your house later?”

Mrs Kim waited for Sunggyu to nod and approve, “Sure, you can come anytime.”

“See you later, Auntie, bye.”

“Thanks, Uma.”

“Everything okay between you two?”

“Yeah.”

Mrs Kim made her son sit to talk to him, “What’s wrong Sunggyu? Do you feel pain anywhere?”

Sunggyu wanted to tell his mother that his heart hurt but how!! “My stomach hurt, lately I have cramps from time to time.”

“Probably something you ate, I’ll take you to the doctor later you also have a fever a proper check would be better.”

“Okay.”

Sunggyu’s mom rested her son’s head back on her chest, “It’s okay to miss him, son.”

“…”

“I’m sure he misses you too.”

“A-Ani, he is dating- he- he doesn’t miss me.”

So that what is all about!! Woohyun moving on, “You’ll find someone else too, you’re still young.”

Sunggyu nodded, “Uma, can you stay until I sleep?”

“Aigo~~, of course, son.”

Mrs Kim didn’t comment on his shaky voice he’s probably crying missing Woohyun, she knew her son is confused right now and was caught up in the moment when he broke up with Woohyun. Sunggyu thought it would be easy to move on but hearing that Woohyun started to date someone else made his heart clench painfully, yet he had no saying in this he drove Woohyun away it was his choice at the end.

 

Later that day;

“Gyugyu!!!” Sungyeol dashed in shocked to see his friend in pain and crying!!! “What happened?”

“Food poisoning, I think, he threw up again” Mrs Kim explained, “I’ll be downstairs if you boys needed anything.”

“I see, I bet it's the chicken.”

“Don’t say that C word!!!!”

“You mean chicken?”

“YAH.”

Sunggyu smiled forgetting about his pain when Sungyeol , “I missed you in college, my day is not the same without you.”

“Myungsoo is going to kill you when he hears you.”

“Oh, I heard him already!” Sungyeol turned to find his boyfriend standing by the door annoyed, “You two should date!!”

“Baby~~~~~, wait I love you~~~.”

Sunggyu chuckled when Myungsoo walked away followed by Sungyeol, it was cute, Sungyeol is genuinely in love with his cousin. 

Sunggyu then walked toward the window holding the lock, wondering if he unlocked it tonight will Woohyun come over or did he really give up on them and started to date for real.

 

 

 

Nam House

 

Sunggyu recovered from his sickness fast, as if he wasn’t sick two days ago. He still feels nausea but learned to control it, so he’s back to his friend’s house and spending time with Mrs Nam. Whenever Sungyeol needed a private time with Myungsoo Sunggyu gladly joined the elder downstairs and since Woohyun is dating again he didn’t run to him for the past two days.

“Your face is pale.”

“I threw up, it’s normal.”

“Stop playing with your phone, that’s why you throw up all the time.”

“Araso~~~~.”

Mrs Nam gave up on him, he is too adorable to scold, but she understands his mother, this boy doesn’t listen to anyone even to his body when it’s crashing!!!

Sungyeol offered to walk his boyfriend home not that Sunggyu cared he waved them off and continued playing with his mobile, which was fine by Mrs Nam at least she has him next to her, and she gets to feed him by force.

I feel so stupid for forgetting my wallet because I wouldn’t let Key pay for everything we will undoubtedly split the bill. We are not officially dating and just hanging out together though everyone thought were dating.

Key insisted he comes in and greet my mother and I didn’t think it would be a problem, so why not. But the minute we walked in I saw my mother talking to Sunggyu- he was smiling, gosh his smile is beautiful I missed it a lot!! Then it hit me!! I don’t want Sunggyu to see Key!! I don’t want him to misunderstand, Key and I are just doing this for fun it’s not serious- wait a minute, shouldn’t it be okay now that we broke up? And he is dating too, so it should be okay?

“Woohyun, why are you back early?”

“I forgot my wallet” I miss him, I miss him so much, and here he is smiling for me! That brat is doing this on purpose, “Everything good?” Sunggyu nodded without a word, “Don’t you eat? Why are you skinny like that!!”

“He won’t listen to anyone!!!”

“Auntie~~~.”

“Make sure you eat something.”

“Hmm.”

Sunggyu’s eyes then drifted to the other person standing behind Woohyun, “Mom, this is Key my- my- we work together.”

“Aish~~~, work together? That’s so lame” Key bowed with a bright smile, “I’m Key the new music teacher, and we do work together, but we’ve been dating for a while.”

What the !!! It’s only two or three dates and not real dates, we were hanging out together and that it.

And damn it; he is still smiling though I know he is faking it, his smile is not real, I know his genuine smile this is not the smile I missed so much. I wanted to run away and disappear I can’t look into his eyes, so I excused myself to get my wallet hoping when I’m back Sunggyu would be gone.

Mrs Nam excused herself to get her guest something to drink; this is his first time in her house. That left Sunggyu and Key alone, Sunggyu had to wait for his auntie to return to go, she kind of asked him to wait for her.

“Are you Sungyeol?”

“Huh? Are you talking to me?”

“Yes, young man I am.”

“Who said I want to talk to you!!!!!”

“You seemed nice earlier.”

“I was polite.”

“You seem young, how old are you?”

“18.”

“Yeah, you’re a freshman in college, Woohyun told me about it” Key offered his hand, “Let’s get along, we might see each other a lot in future.”

Sunggyu looked at the offered hand then back at his face, “I hope we won’t.”

“Don’t you care about your brother’s happiness?”

“He is not my brother.”

“He is not? Who are you then?”

Sunggyu smirked scanning the elder from head to toe, yup he doesn’t like him at all, “I’m his ex!”

“W-What? But you’re-”

“18, why do you have a problem with that? Are you starting to have insecurities old man?”

“Ani, you guys broke up anyway I think we’re cool.”

Woohyun returned with his wallet, “Let’s go, I got the wallet.”

“Auntie is coming, wait for her” Sunggyu gathered his things, “Tell her I left.”

“Do you need a lift?” , shut up Woohyun what’s wrong with you!!!! I want to bury myself, just let the boy leave!!!!

“Why? Will you leave him to drop me over?”

“No, I’m-”

“Save it; I don’t want to hear it, I’m leaving” it took Sunggyu exactly two steps for his head to spin, that he had to lean on the wall, “, what’s wrong with me!”

“Sunggyu” Woohyun walked to the younger to check on him, “What happened?”

“Don’t touch me” Sunggyu pushed his hand, “I’m fine.”

“Let me take you home.”

“No!! Go back to your date, Ajusshi.”

Stubborn, he never changed!!! I tried to help him again but he pushed my hands y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter