Chapter 26 [SA]

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later

35 weeks pregnant

Private Clinic

 

“When will I remember? It’s been more than a month doctor!!”

“You need to calm down Woohyun; memories will flow when the right time comes, just don’t force it.”

I looked at Sunggyu to make sure he is okay and not disappointed; the smile and hand squeeze he gave me assured me a little, god this boy makes me worry sometimes.

I asked Sunggyu to come with me this appointment I needed someone with me and surprisingly the first person crossed my mind was Sunggyu, I’m just thankful he agreed to come with me without dropping one of his bratty comments!

“Will, I ever remember doctor?”

“Everything will come to you at the right time; just make sure to stay away from any stress, don’t push yourself to remember something or someone.”

Instantly Sunggyu excused himself to the restroom, thinking that Woohyun needs some privacy with his doctor to talk comfortably without having to worry about his existence the elder kept on checking on him every time the doctor said a word plus he had a sudden contraction and needed air.

“I want to remember him”, Woohyun said it desperately as if it was the only thing he wants, “I want to have feeling towards him again.”

“I see so he is the stress point right now.”

“Hmm, but not in a bad way I actually like being around him and that’s it, and here he is full of hopes and feelings and love and expectations of the old me which I can’t remember at all.”

“It’s that kind of stress I need you to avoid, but seeing the situation you guys are in I understand why you can’t avoid it, you even brought him here which is I think I good step, it means he makes you feel safe in a way to talk about your feelings, right?”

“Right.”

“Just don’t think about it much and try to take it easy, it’s okay to talk about things you don’t remember just don’t force yourself into them, just think of it as a nice story or movie.”

 

It took me one more hour with the doctor to let it all out; I needed someone to hear me without being judged. 

I thanked the doctor for his time, it made me feel better after we had that talk, Sunggyu never returned I found him sitting outside in the waiting area, and I’m genuinely thankful for his understanding though I was the one asking him to tag along with me, I needed to talk things out with the doctor privately.

“Hey.”

Sunggyu smiled standing up from the seat, “Are you done?”

“Hmm, are you okay?”

“Usual pain, I’m fine.”

“Wait, pain? Yah why didn’t you tell me? Are you okay?”

“Ajusshi you’re freaking out again, stop.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yes”, Sunggyu then gave the elder a closed envelope, “Here.”

“What is this?”

“An early Birthday gift, I think you need it now.”

“Omg! Sunggyu, thank you!!”

“Do you like it?”

“Like it? I LOVE IT.”

"Good."

"Where did you get the money for this?"

"My saving."

"You used all your saving for me?"

"Hmm, I don't have anyone else to spend it on."

"How about yourself?"

"I don't need anything; you need this more than me."

Woohyun ruffled, "Thanks, I do really need it."

Dear Diary,

I’m overwhelmed as if that boy knows exactly what I need right now, a trip to Jeju Island with my family he even booked plane tickets as if he knew I have seasickness but wait- where is his ticket!

“We will go this weekend; get ready.”

We, it means he is coming but probably keeping his tickets with him, thank god. He made me happy as if he knew what I need right now. I could hug him all day and kiss him and- oh god, I need to stop fantasying about this kid, this isn’t right!!

Ever since my talk with Mr Kim, things been more settled, no arguments as if uncle had the same conversation with Sunggyu as well, that boy is much calmer and careful around me now. To tell the truth, I miss him being bratty but I’ll keep it that way for a while until the baby is here, I heard stress isn’t good for him as well at this point of pregnancy that’s why his contractions increased this may lead to early delivery too.

The last thing I remembered was Sunggyu’s smile at the night market, and that’s it as if time decided to stop there as if I’m not meant to remember anything more which is stressing me more. I even read the diary a lot in the hope it will help me freshen up my memory but nothing, I’ve got nothing.

 

 

 

Two days later

Trip day

Airport

 

“What do you mean you’re not coming??????”

So, this happens, at the airport, that boy decides to tell me that he is not coming!! I knew there was something fishy about this trip, but he acted well. And how did mom agree to this??? She didn’t comment on leaving Sunggyu alone and just settled to hear him before getting mad as if she already knew he wasn’t not coming with us.

 “Ajusshi, I can’t travel you should know that I’m eight months pregnant.”

“That’s not an excuse!! We could’ve taken the ship.”

“You have seasickness.”

“How do you know that!! Who told you? Yeol? My idiot brother!”

“Ani, you probably forgot, but you mentioned that in your diary, our first trip to Jeju.”

, right I did write about it, our first time was on that ship too, but don’t blame me every time I read that diary I forgot it belongs to me because I couldn’t relate to any of what’s written.

“Come on Sunggyu; I don’t want to leave you here alone”, Woohyun hugged the younger “We can postpone it to later when our baby is here.”

“You need this now, remember what the doctor said? You need to relax and stay away from stress.”

“S-Sunggyu.”

“I’m not sad don’t worry; I want you to have fun.”

I couldn’t stop myself from pecking his lips. I even kept my hands on his cheeks just to make sure I wipe off any tear though he is holding them back well.

 “You’re not a 'stress' to me, okay?”

Don’t cry, don’t cry my boy, god he is doing good. I know he wants to cry; I can see it in his eyes.

“I know I’m not”, Sunggyu removed Woohyun’s hand, “Go, you’re going to miss your flight.”

“If I call answer me, Araso?”

Sunggyu tried his best to hold back his tears, “Mmm~~~, I’ll think about it.”

“Sunggyu~~~.”

“Araso, don’t cry I’ll answer you.”

“If you can’t sleep or in pain call me.”

“Ajusshi, it’s only two days”, Sunggyu gave Woohyun a little push towards his family “Go~~, you’re so dramatic!!!!”

“Don’t cheat on me boy; I’m warning you.”

“Hmm, now go.”

“See you in two days.”

Woohyun gave Sunggyu one more kiss which was enough to air from the younger’s lungs though it was pretty short before he joined his family. Only then Sunggyu’s tears failed him and fell sending Woohyun away to help him relax and stay away from stress pained him knowing well he is the cause of stress in Woohyun’s life right now.

The trip tickets were for him, and Woohyun, it was scheduled for three months later after their baby is safely born, a quick getaway for themselves from all crazy things happening around them. After hearing the doctor words, Sunggyu found himself rearranging the tickets to a close date adding Woohyun’s family only. The younger made sure to meet Mrs Nam and convince her which was easy, Sunggyu used the doctor words, and his auntie agreed right away though she wished Sunggyu was with them.

 

 

 

Yadong House

 

Howon sighed watching the boy on his couch sitting absentminded though he was surrounded by Yadong’s loud daughter, as if time stopped for him, he understands why Sunggyu did that he wasn’t running away from Woohyun his intention was only to help his fiancé.

Howon wanted to disagree with Sunggyu’s decision but couldn’t, as painful as it may seem this was the right thing to do, Woohyun needs a gateway from everything.

“Why don’t you lay down? Minseo, stop annoying Sunggyu.”

“Ani, it’s fine Seonsaeng-nim I like having her around.”

“Are you sure?”

“Hmm, where is Minjae?”

“At Heechul’s house, a sleepover with his best friend.”

Minseo tugged Sunggyu’s shirt, “Shleep with baby?”

“Sleep baby not shleep.”

Sunggyu smiled, “You want to have a sleepover with my baby?”

“Yesh!!!!”

“Omg, its yes, yes, yes not yesh!!” Sunggyu chuckled at the teacher breakdown, “That is serious Minseo, your father is an English teacher.”

The little girl giggled unable to take her mammy seriously, Howon is too soft with her, “Mama Funny.”

“It’s cute.”

“You think it’s funny!!!! I’ll make Minseo teaches your baby how to talk, don’t come and complain later.”

“You hear that Minseo, you’ll take care of my baby.”

“YESH!!!!”

 

After a long day, Sunggyu and little Minseo dozed off on the comfy couch next to each other, Howon didn’t have the heart wake him up and send him home, so he called Mrs Kim and informed her that her son is with him in case she worries, he understands the elder he is a mother as well.

He also made sure to send Woohyun a picture that Sunggyu is alright and sleeping; his friend threatened him to update him about Sunggyu, which made Howon happy at least Woohyun didn’t lose that part of him, the part where he cared for the younger.

“What? I sent a picture, didn’t I?”

“Why is he sleeping on your couch? Let him sleep on a bed.”

“It’s very comfortable even I sleep on it, and Minseo is sleeping next to him too.”

“Did you put his pillow? He likes it so much.”

Howon smiled looking at Sunggyu, “If only he knew how worried you are about him.”

“Don’t say a word Howon, I’m warning.”

“Why are you like that? Does it hurt to make him happy a little?”

“Because that’s all I’ve got and it is not enough my feelings for him were much more.”

“What do you know Woohyun? Did you remember anything?”

“Ani, apparently I gave Sunggyu my diary the part we met, how and everything that happened between us.”

“Oh~~~, you’re so cheesy.”

“Shut up!!”

How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter