Chapter 20

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nam House

 

I returned home late because Howon insisted on returning home to his kids saying he won’t be able to rest without checking on them, so Dongwoo had to fill a form to discharge him on his responsibility, and I must say I’m impressed, Howon always puts his kids over his health, is that how parenting is??

And then there was Key too, waiting for us to update him which we forgot to do so he gave us a lecture on that, and we deserved it, we just left him hanging without any news with two kids that can wake up any time and ask about their mammy and daddy. Howon made sure we all eat a snack as a thank you before we leave and it kind of made Key happy.

Wait a minute, why are our house lights all switched on, did mom or dad forget to switch them off?

 

“Woohyun, where is Sunggyu? I thought he is with you.”

“Mom it’s 12 in the morning, I’m sure he is sleeping home.”

“He’s not home?! Hyuna called, and I assured her that he is with you because that’s what I thought and neither you nor Sunggyu answered our calls.”

Woohyun checked his mobile and he had ten missed calls from everyone including Sunggyu’s parents, “I was at the hospital with Howon.”

“Is he okay?”

“Yeah, everything is fine now” Woohyun tried to call Sunggyu, but as usual the younger didn’t answer, “, Gyu! Answer me, boy.”

“No luck?”

“Ani, he is not answering! I’m so worried where could he be!!! I left alone, and that was 5 hours ago!!” Woohyun then called his brother next, “Yeol, come down now.”

Sungyeol walked downstairs rubbing his eyes tiredly, “This better is important.”

“Where is Sunggyu?”

That awaken the younger hearing his friend’s name, “With you? I was at the library submitting a last-minute report with Jackson; he said he'd meet up with you and can’t come.”

“How come nobody knows where is he!!!!!” My heart almost stopped reading the caller ID; it was Mr Kim, what was I supposed to say!! He is expecting an answer about his son’s whereabouts, “Hello.”

“Where is my son, Woohyun?”

“I- I don’t know, I’m looking for him.”

“What do you mean you don’t know!! You’re Auntie is dead worried, give me answers.”

“Uncle I wasn’t home, I thought he returned home.”

“YOU THOUGHT!!!! I sent him 5 hours ago to your house!! What do you mean you DON’T KNOW!!!! That boy is pregnant.”

“I know, I’m sorry Uncle I promise to find him fast.”

“You better” Mr Kim then dropped a bomb before Woohyun ends the call, “And Woohyun.”

“Yes, Uncle?”

“Don’t make me regret supporting your relationship with my son.”

“U-Uncle!”

“You need to set your priorities.”

And the elder hanged up he didn’t even want to hear more from Woohyun, “I don’t even know where he likes to hang out!”

“Hyung, even if you knew those places were closed 2 hours ago, I’ll call Jackson he might know something.”

“Please, thank you bro, and I’ll walk around the neighbourhood maybe he is in the garden.”

 

 

Two hours later;

Nothing! As if he vanished from the earth and now I’m starting to panic!! Mr and Mrs Kim were on the edge of going crazy, and I can’t blame them, their pregnant son is missing, and it’s been more than 7 hours. Sungyeol had no luck too, none of their friends saw Sunggyu today, I even called all hospitals, but there were no reports on a boy with my description, and apparently, I can’t report it to the police because I need to wait 48 hours before declaring a missing person!!! Who made those dumb rules!!!

And by now, his parents plus Myungsoo are all gathered in my house looking for him. Kim Sunggyu where are you!!!!

“When was the last time you saw him Woohyun?”

“We talked in my room; then I left to meet up with my friends, I made sure to tell him to rest- wait a minute, Auntie did you look in his room?”

“No, I was in the living room the whole day no one walked in.”

“Maybe he used the balcony” Mr Kim stood up, “Let’s go, Honey, we need to check.”

 

Upstairs

Woohyun’s room;

I had to change my clothes before I follow Mr and Mrs Kim to their home, I’ve run the entire block with the same clothes I wore since morning, I really hope they find him sleeping peacefully at home in his room in his bed, god we will look so stupid if he was there the entire time-

“Babe!!! Omg.”

There he is my boy sleeping on my bed peacefully with no clue about what’s happening around, why didn’t I think of this first!! I mean I left him in my room before I walked out. 

I made sure to text Uncle, and Auntie about their son’s whereabouts and even had to take a picture that he is one piece and safe then promised them that'd drop him off myself back home.

I didn’t really want to wake him up at this hour, well it’s like 3 am but what if he was hungry or not well I had to wake him up, sorry babe.

Being the gentlest, Woohyun made sure to hug the younger carefully not to scare him off but Sunggyu knew Woohyun’s touches very well that he turned and snuggled in his Woohyun’s warmth.

“Ajusshi, You’re late.”

“I’m sorry, babe but I thought you left home, I was looking all over the place for you.”

“You told me to rest, and I did” it was cute how Sunggyu was trying hard to peel his eyes open and miserably failed, “Everything okay?”

“Hmm, I’m okay I’ll tell you what happened tomorrow when you’re fully awake.”

“Okay, but do you have food?”

“Food?”

“Where is my food???”

“Babe, It’s 3 in the morning!! Don’t tell me you didn’t eat!!”

“I forgot I was tired and fell asleep; now I’m hungry.”

“Alright get up.”

Woohyun pulled Sunggyu off the bed then helped him wear his jacket, “Where are we going?”

“To get your food.”

 

 

 

Night Market

 

I’ve never seen my boy this happy around food; he was starving I’m glad we have a night market. It felt nice to walk around eating and laughing with him and to think about it we never did that all I gave him was boring nights with adults, now he never complained, but I never saw him smile that much since we started dating.

“So, why were you late? Drinking again?”

Sarcasm but yup totally deserved it, “Ani, we had to take Howon to the hospital.”

“Omg, is he okay?”

“Hmm, he is pregnant.”

“Seonsaeng-nim is pregnant?” Woohyun nodded, “Wow.”

“They’re both fine; you can come and check on him tomorrow, I know it would make him happy.”

Sunggyu nodded smiling, “Araso.”

“Full or you want more?”

“Full” Sunggyu surprised the elder with a sudden hug, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, babe, you like that? Coming here.”

“Hmm, and a lot let’s do this every day.”

“Every weekend, I want you to sleep well most of the days” Woohyun tangled their fingers together and squeezed his hand, “I want something warm to drink, do you want some?”

“Hmm.”

 

Woogyu took one of the outside chairs enjoying their warm drinks in this cold weather, “I agree we should do this more often, it feels good.”

“Hmm”

Sunggyu bit his lips nervously unsure if he should say something about what happened for the past weeks and Woohyun, of course, noticed, “You can tell me anything, do you need something, babe?”

Sunggyu shook his head, “A-Ajusshi, it’s about- I’m sorry I lied I-”

Woohyun shushed the younger with a kiss, “I’m sorry too, I know you meant well.”

“Ajusshi.”

Woohyun chuckled awkwardly, thinking whether he should confess or not but it seemed like the right thing to do, “I have insecurities too, I always wondered why did you agree to go out with me or when will you get bored and leave me for someone else more exciting than I am and when you excluded me from everything it made me feel as if you don't need me in your life.”

Sunggyu nudged the elder and smiled once their eyes met, “I love you, old man. You better get used to it.”

Woohyun headbutt Sunggyu’s forehead gently, “I love you, kiddo.”

"I only did that because I wanted to show you I'm matured enough to fit with you, I wasn't trying to exclude you I was trying to impress you."

"You don't need to do that, babe. I'm already head over heels in love with you."

"I'm sorry" Sunggyu lowered his head, "I guess we both had insecurities."

Woohyun threw an arm around the younger bringing him closer to his chest, "Let's work on these insecurities together."

“Araso and I promise to answer all your calls and talk things out before I decide for both of us.”

“I promise to trust our love more, no more insecurities.”

“So, does that mean I get to hug anyone?”

“Y-Yah, what does that have to do with hugging!!!!!!”

“Yup, still insecure.”

“Babe~~~, do you want to give me a heart attack???”

“Gee, chill Ajusshi I was just kidding.”

“You better be kidding!!!!”

“Now who is the kid here!!”

“When it comes to hugging or touching you I’ll proudly take the kid role.”

“That’s not fun, Ajusshi take me home NOW.”

“Ani, you’re coming home with me.”

“Wah, so childish.”

“You signed up for this; no one forced you!!”

“Omg, I take everything I said back!!”

“Yah, you can’t take it back!!! You have to answer my calls.”

“Well~~~, I’ll think about it and the hugging part too I feel I need it more recently and a lot of people are offering it so why turn them all down.”

Sunggyu simply smirked walking away, he just won this conversation, “YAH KIM SUNNGGYU COME BACK HERE I’M NOT DONE!! I’LL HUG YOU ALL THE TIME.”

 

Dear Diary,

I guess we both had insecurities, I never said I wasn’t insecure about the age difference, I mean the gap between us is big we come from a different generation, different thinking and even interests. I’m just glad we talked it out, it will make things easier from now on to communicate. The thing is I don’t want my boy to feel like he has to be mature around me to blend and fit in, I like him for who he is the immature brat his family complains about, the boy who would ditch his family and college to attend a concert.

 

 

Next Morning

Kim House

 

“YOU BRAT.”

“Honey, calm down.”

Though Mrs Kim was trying to hug her son, Sunggyu was dead scared that he hid behind Woohyun for protection, you see Mrs Kim could be really confusing sometimes, and Sunggyu doesn’t want to risk it.

“Uma, I specifically told you I’m going to Ajusshi’s house, how is that my fault that you’re old and keep on forgetting stuff!!!”

“Somebody shut that boy up!!”

“Ajusshi~~, I thought you said they’re worried!!!”

Mr Kim approached his son and pulled from Woohyun’s arm to check if he is alright, “Don’t disappear like that again, got it?”, Sunggyu nodded without a word, his father was anxious, “And answer your damn phone!! I bought that for you for a reason.”

“Yes please, I’ve been trying to convince him to do that for a long time.”

Mr Kim felt guilty for treating Woohyun badly; he even said things he shouldn’t say out of anger, “Woohyun, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, uncle-”

“I said things I shouldn’t have said because I was worried about Sunggyu, forgive me, son.”

“It’s totally okay, uncle, I totally understand I was worried myself.”

Sunggyu looked back and forth between the two, “Are you two done bonding?”

“Hmm.”

“I think we’re good, son.”

“Appa~~~, you’re not supposed to side with him ever!!!” Sunggyu then poked Woohyun’s chest, “Don’t you have a father to bond with???????? LEAVE MY DAD ALONE!! You already stole my mom leave dad to me~~~.”

The way my boy stormed out from the living room upstairs was so freaking adorable; I can’t believe he was jealous because I was bonding with his father. 

I excused myself from the elders and made sure I hug and kiss my boy goodbye before I left for school, I’m glad Sunggyu doesn’t have any lectures for the day so he’ll hang out with my brother and his other friends and relax and maybe pass by and bless me with his smile during the day.

 

 

 

Library

 

“Myungie”

“SSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Sungyeol bowed and apologised for being too loud in the library, why does his boyfriend like to hang out here all the time!!!!

Myungsoo has been avoiding his boyfriend all this time using exams as an excuse, and in his case, Sungyeol couldn’t object the younger indeed have exams until next week, but it doesn’t mean they don’t see each other even for only 5 minutes! It’s true he dropped pregnancy tests every day for Myungsoo but that’s it, the younger would just take the test and kick him out to study.

“What are you doing here, Hyung?”

“Looking for my boyfriend because I missed you.”

Sungyeol was about to steal a kiss, but Myungsoo avoided it, “We’re in the library, someone could see us!!”

“So? I gave you y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter