Chapter 2

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Nam House

 

Dining table;

Stomachache, that’s what Sungyeol said, how could my brother be so stupid serving bad food for his friend!!! To my future husband!! And look at him eating his food without caring that his friend is sick upstairs!! Maybe I should check on him? But how am I going to leave the table without looking too suspicious!

Mrs Kim joined us back on the dining table after checking on Sunggyu; she said she’s checking if he is faking it to skip dinner and play upstairs since he’s not allowed to use anything at home or not.

“He is not faking it.”

“Is he sleeping?” Mr Kim asked worriedly, Sungyeol assured the elder that he is fine, but he couldn’t help get worried

“Yes.”

“He said he has nausea” Sungyeol stuffed more food into his mouth, “This is yummy, more bread please.”

“Should we go home?”

“Ani~~~” Mrs Nam opposed her friends leaving so soon because of this, “Let him rest, the night is still young.”

“I don’t know, I’m not used to him calm” Sunggyu has always been all over the place, he and Sungyeol are the loudest

“If he doesn’t feel better until it’s time to go then we will go” Mr Kim suggested

“If I may suggest auntie, I have a medicine for stomachache.”

“Really? That would be great.”

Sungyeol stood up, “Give it to me; I’ll heal my friend.”

“No!”

“Huh?”

“You’re not done eating, didn’t you say you want more bread” Woohyun gave his brother more bread, “Continue eating, I’ll be back soon.”

 

Sungyeol’s room;

I finally convinced everyone that I'd be the one to give Sunggyu medicine, I don’t understand why everyone wanted to play doctors out of the sudden. Anyway, I won.

Damn it, where did he go!! Wasn’t he supposed to be sleeping?

“Ajusshi?”

I turned to find Sunggyu standing behind me holding his stomach, it looks like he was at the bathroom, “I thought I asked to call me Hyung” Woohyun gave Sunggyu two tablets, “It will make you feel better.”

“Wait how did you get in here? What are you doing here?”

A thank you would be nice, but who am I to complain about Kim Sunggyu!! “I’m Sungyeol’s older brother.”

Sunggyu made a face swallowing the pills, it tastes bad, “Thank god, I thought you’re stalking me! So~~~ Mr American is finally back.”

“I’m Korean.”

“Same thing!”

“How is that the same thing?” Sunggyu decided to ignore me and get in bed, “Why didn’t you answer my messages?”

“That taste bad, are you sure those pills are not expired!!”

Brat he is doing this on purpose, ! Am I too obvious!!! “Go back to sleep a little those pills will make you feel better.”

“Ajusshi.”

As if I needed an excuse to sit next to him on the bed, “Yes?”

“Can you stay until I sleep? I’m bored alone.”

Hell yes, I will!!!! Calm down Woohyun, calm down!!! Play it cool “Sure, go on close your eyes.”

Can I touch him? He looks peaceful eyes all closed curled to the side, god I wish this moment never ends, I wonder why I always end up with Sunggyu sleeping and me staring at him like a creep, maybe this is our thing now.

Woohyun smiled as he drifted into his happy thoughts, and since Sunggyu fell asleep fast, it was safe to touch his soft hair now. The elder also ended up sleeping holding Sunggyu’s hand, strangely Sunggyu’s hand fitted his hand, he didn’t know for how long he’d been sleeping – probably 10 minutes, that the next time he opened his eyes, the bed was empty.

When I opened my eyes, Sunggyu wasn’t there, and since the bathroom lights are switched on, I knew Sunggyu is in there, and I was right, I immediately walked to him to check if he’s okay, he looked pale.

“Are you okay?” Sunggyu nodded, “Did you throw up?”

“Hmm.”

“It’s one of the side effects, but it’s okay.”

Sunggyu flinched when I held his cheek probably not excepting the sudden touch, but he’s not going anywhere, I had to cup his neck and press our forehead together to keep him in place.

“W-What- are you doing!”

“Sshh! Hold still.”

“But-”

“I’m just checking your temperature.”

He actually listened to me and remained silent, I could feel his shaky breath and his body trembling in my hold, so I’m not the only one feeling like that, well it either that or that he is simply sick, but I’m going with the first assumption, no one can change my mind, Sunggyu likes me too.

“You have a slight fever” Woohyun dragged Sunggyu to his room, and the younger followed him without questioning or resisting, as Woohyun looked into his things Sunggyu walked around the room scanning it, “Here, stick it to your forehead.”

Sunggyu stared at Woohyun’s hand, “I thought you’re a teacher.”

“I am, but I lived alone for eight years, I learned to look after myself.”

Sunggyu lifted his bang, “Can you help me with this?”

He is doing this on purpose, I thought I had him between my hands but I’m wrong, he is the one who got me between his hands!!!! But I don’t mind-

“What are you two doing?”

What Sungyeol saw just now would make anyone misunderstand! I was latterly leaning over Sunggyu between his legs, YES people we’ve got this close, but that idiot had to come between us. SHOOT ME.

“Nothing.”

“We were just playing doctor.”

“Yah Sunggyu.”

“I’m kidding relax, Ajusshi! Geez~~ you didn’t change!!!”

“Wait a minute, how do you two know each other?”

“We don’t” I wanted to smack his head, how dare he say that!!! What about our plane date? “He’s just going to help me, with professor Heechul, remember I told you that I met an Ajusshi who promised to help me?”

“Oh yeah!” Sungyeol then pointed at his brother, “Hyung, you’re that Ajusshi?”

“I thought I told you to stop calling me that!!!”

“What I should I call you then?”

“Hyung, call me Hyung.”

Sunggyu nodded getting closer to Woohyun, the younger’s eyes flickered quickly from Woohyun’s lips to his eyes, “Hyung.”

“Nah, that’s weird” Sungyeol interrupted that moment

“Yeah totally, Ajusshi it is” Sunggyu winked making sure his friend doesn’t see it before he took Sungyeol’s hand, “Let’s go play soccer, I’ll beat you up.”

That made Woohyun smile, Sunggyu knew which buttons to press to make his stomach tickles, call him cheesy but that’s how Woohyun describe how he feels whenever he is around Sunggyu.

 

Dear Diary,

Today has been the best day of my life; I’m glad I stayed for dinner getting close to Sunggyu tonight made me happy when was the last time I told you that I’m so happy? Never, right? That boy is the devil himself; his mother wasn’t joking when she said that, I thought she was overreacting but No~~~~~.

But I can’t stop thinking about Dongwoo’s words and Howon’s reaction, could they be right? Am I wasting my time on this? Am I too old for love adventure? 

Maybe I should keep it for myself since nothing is confirmed yet, all I know right now is that Kim Sunggyu like me as much as I like him. I’m an adult I think I know enough, right?

 

Downstairs, the door;

Sunggyu’s eyes fell on Woohyun’s when the latter joined them hands in his pocket leaning on the wall to bid goodbye, Woohyun had to calm himself when the younger his lips and smiled. Thankfully Sungyeol was busy flirting with Myungsoo standing behind him and whispering in his ears.

“Are you feeling better, Sunggyu?”

Sunggyu’s gaze returned to the elder, “Yes Auntie” he then looked at Woohyun briefly before he looked back at Mrs Nam, “Thanks to Woohyun Hyung.”

Woohyun smiled understanding what’s Sunggyu is doing, he is teasing him, and it’s working but in a good way.

Mrs Kim smacked Sunggyu’s shoulder breaking the flirty mood, “Awch~~ Uma~~~ why~~~~.”

“You know you have a sensitive stomach, why would you stuff your mouth with popcorn!!!”

“I was hungry.”

“Then you should’ve eaten dinner with us.”

“Well, if you gave me my mobile then we wouldn’t have that issue now, would we?”

Sunggyu used Mrs Nam as a shield from his mother’s smacks, “If you’re going to use it for something important other than watching useless things I would’ve considered it.”

“Actually. I want to call Sunggyu tonight to solve his issue with professor Heechul.”

“Really? You know his professor? That man didn’t want to listen to anyone.”

“I’ve got him, auntie, don’t worry. Heechul is an old friend.”

“I’ll make sure he has his mobile with him tonight.”

Sunggyu grinned happily to hear this, “YES, finally.”

“Don’t you want to give Woohyun your number, Sunggyu?”

“Actually-”

“Here, write it down” Woohyun panicked he doesn’t want anyone to know about their plane story, not yet. Telling Dongwoo and Howon about it, this soon was a big mistake

“I can save it directly to your mobile” Sunggyu said getting closer to Woohyun

“I forgot my phone upstairs; I’ll go get it.”

“Ani” Sunggyu got even closer and whispered, “I’ll write it down.”

“I’ll get a paper-”

I froze in my place when he held my arm and ed my sleeve rolling it up a little, I had to check and make sure no one is watching and thankfully no one was paying attention, they were busy talking.

It is dangerous!!!! Stop biting your lips Kim Sunggyu!!! Omg, this is where I lose my mind, this boy isn’t as easy as I thought, am I getting too old that handling 18 years old is difficult? How can 18 years old boy toy me like that!!! Damn, I feel like a teenager again, but I don’t mind.

To be honest, I wasn’t the playboy kind of boy back in high school or college; I was the nerd type. Sure, I’ve hooked up with other boys before, but it was to relieve stress I haven’t gone in a real date because I wasn’t simply interested in anyone.

I also tried to date back in the state, but the culturally different was a huge obstacle. It’s hard to convince an American boy to move to Seoul with me where nearly no one speaks English well, but to tell the truth, I wasn’t trying hard to hook up with someone as I said no one caught my attention as Sunggyu did!

 

 

 

At Yadong house

 

Howon joined his husband after making sure his kids are sleeping soundly in their bed, kids nowadays are hard to convince to sleep, just wait until they grow up and appreciate the beauty of it!

Dongwoo was preparing for his class since studying start seriously tomorrow, and school officially begins but he looked distracted, so like a good husband Howon made coffee before joining him,

“You’re thinking about Woohyun, aren’t you?”

“Hmm” Dongwoo took off his glasses, “I don’t think he took our words seriously.”

“Well, he better!! 18 Dongwoo!!!”

“I’m thinking of hooking him up with someone, just to make sure Sunggyu is out of his head.”

“You think Woohyun won’t listen to us?”

“Hmm, I’m sure, I’ve never seen Hyun talk with passion about anyone before, but now even his eyes sparkles talking about that boy.”

“So, who do you have in mind?”

“Heechul.”

“Oh yea, where is he anyway?”

“He teaches at Seoul University.”

“And how are you going to convince Woohyun to date Heechul?”

Dongwoo smiled, “I have a plan.”

“Mammy~~~~” 3 years old Minseo walked to Howon rubbing his eyed, “Mammy~~.”

Howon carried the little girl, and she hugged him right away, “Minseo-naa!! What are you doing out from bed! I want to die; I just put you in bed.”

“Relax baby; she’s only 3.”

“Oh, shut up” Howon then asked hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter