Chapter 11

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later

Seoul University

 

“Yeol, wait” Sungyeol stopped but kept his eyes elsewhere, he is still not talking to Sunggyu, “Do you want coffee?”

Sungyeol took the iced americano Sunggyu gave him, but without words, he simply threw it in the trash and walked away. That how things been through those weeks, Sunggyu trying to fix things and Sungyeol totally ignoring him.

Sunggyu will not give up on his friend and will continue until things are back like how it was before, As for Woogyu, they broke up Sunggyu locked his window and never answered the elder, Sungyeol is right he shouldn’t break the brother friend code and to make things worse, he lied to him.

Sunggyu blocked his friend’s way, “Yeol that’s not fair, I'm trying here!!”

“Move Kim.”

“No!!” Sungyeol turned to the other side, “Rule no. 4, we forgive each other no matter what!!”

The tallboy turned again facing Sunggyu, “You broke one rule, so I’m breaking this one.”

“Please don’t do this, I made a mistake I said I’m sorry.”

Sungyeol looked away unable to match his friend's tired eyes; his eyes were red and tired as if he didn’t sleep for a long time. It’s not like Sungyeol wasn't going to forgive his best friend, Sunggyu is his twin and more, but he wanted to punish him, yet it’s too hard to continue when his friend looks like that!!

“Wah, are you that desperate to talk to me?”

“YES!”

“I’ll think about it, come back in two days.”

“Yah, I might change my mind in two days.”

“You can’t; you love me!!!”

“True, I’m cursed~~~~~~~~~.”

“Told you, you love me~~.”

“Yah~~~~, you threw my coffee, you idiot.”

“So that wasn’t for me?”

“Ani, when I saw you I remembered you, I kind of forgot about you.”

“Wah, Wah, I feel loved!!!!”

“Don’t blame me!! You stopped talking to me, you big baby!!”

Their smile didn’t last long when they both received a call at the same, Sungyeol from his mother and Sunggyu from his dad, “Gyu!!”

“It’s my mother.”

“Hey, hey” Sungyeol hugged his friend, “She is going to be fine, we will go together and check on her.”

 

 

 

Hospital

 

I received a call from my mother as well about Sunggyu’s mom, she asked me to bring Myungsoo with me, but I rather not I prefer to check on Mrs Kim before I pass the bad news to Myungsoo, why scare him if it isn’t a big deal. And besides, I had my suspicion about what’s happening.

I arrived in time with my brother and Sunggyu, thank god my brother was with Sunggyu holding his hand, it means my brother did actually care about Sunggyu but was stubborn that’s all.

It was really awkward, Sunggyu entirely avoided looking at me, and I did the same, I tried not to look at him and make things more awkward for us. But it doesn’t mean I didn’t notice how tired he looked and it kept me wondering is it because of me or my brother.

“Auntie”, the elder took Sunggyu between her arms, “How is my mom?”

“Uma, what happened?”

“Calm down boys” Mrs Nam then looked at Woohyun, “Where is Myungsoo? I thought I told you to bring him over.”

“I’ll tell you later, why don’t you take Sunggyu to his mother first.”

“I’ll go with you, Gyugyu.”

Mrs Nam tried to hide it, but she actually smiled when Sungyeol took Sunggyu’s hand and walked him to his mother’s room.

 

Mr Kim was with his wife in the room, when Sunggyu and Sungyeol walked in he immediately took his son between his arms to assure him that everything is okay, “What’s wrong with mom?”

“Yah, you can ask me directly, I’m awake!!!”

“Sshh, you’re sick Uma!!! Let me talk to dad.”

“That boy seriously wants to die!!”

“Uma~~~”, Sunggyu joined his mother on the bed and asked her worriedly, “Are you okay, Uma?”

Mrs Kim smiled, “I’m fine, but those two overreacted!!” she said pointing at her husband and her friend, “You know I have anaemia nothing major.”

Sunggyu stayed silent for a while blinking before he finally said something, “You pulled me out from college for this?”

“Hmm.”

“Appa!! You said it’s serious!!”

“Well, your mother fainted?”

“Fainted? That's it? So, you’re not actually dying?”

Mrs Kim smacked her son’s head, “YAH, how could you say this to your mother!!!!”

Sungyeol joined his friend back hugging him, “No offence auntie, but you sacred Gyugyu for nothing!!!”

“So, now you talk to him!! You waited until you thought I’m dying to forgive him!!!”

“Ani, I was going to forgive him before my mom called” Sungyeol looked at his mother, “Mom~~~~, you ruined our moment for this!!!!!! What were you thinking!!!”

“Why~~~, I had no other choice I missed Sunggyu, I had to do this son!”

Mrs Kim fainted at her friend’s house this morning when she was visiting her, nothing new she had anaemia, and it happens sometimes. Mrs Nam, on the other hand, thought to use the situation to fix things between the kids, because and just like movies there always have to be a tragedy for things to be alright later so why not give it a try? Besides, how would she know that they were going to get along without her help anyway!!!!

Calling Woohyun to bring over Myungsoo was to make things sound real because Sunggyu and Sungyeol won’t fall for it without extra drama.

Hearing the elder, Sunggyu immediately rose from the bed and hugged her; he felt bad for not visiting her even though he and Sungyeol weren’t talking, “I missed you too, Auntie.”

“Don’t worry Uma; I’m bringing Gyugyu Yeolie time back again to the point you’ll be bored of him.”

“Why don’t you live with them!!! You’re more worried about her more than me!!!”

Sunggyu knew his mother didn’t mean it in a bad way she loves her friend, but he decided to for scaring them for nothing!!! “You ground me whenever you got the chance!!!”

“It that an excuse!!!!!!!!!!! Take him he is all yours.”

 

My mother joined me in the cafeteria after she made sure everything is settled in the room, I knew what she was doing, but it’s not going to work. Part of her plan was to get me back together with Sunggyu, thinking if I saw him I won’t be able to control myself, it’s just she didn’t know it wasn’t my decision to break up with him, Sunggyu made his choice.

“How is Auntie?”

“How did you know it was a plan?”

“Uma, I’m not a kid, but just to let you know, this isn’t going to work.”

“Why~~~, don’t you love Sunggyu anymore?”

“Uma!! It’s not about feelings anymore!! Sunggyu made his choice, and I don’t think he’d change it any time soon.”

“Talk to him, did you see his face?”

“You know Uma; I was wondering if he looked like that because of me or my brother.”

“Woohyun~~~~.”

“I love that boy so much I was willing to fight the world for him.”

“But?”

“But I guess that was just me, he gave up on us the minute we had a problem, how is that supposed to make me feel?”

“He is still young, probably panicked that’s all.”

“That is not an excuse to break someone’s heart.”

“Woohyun~~.”

“I hope auntie feels better; I’ll see you at home, Uma.”

And with that Woohyun left the place, he has nothing else to say Sunggyu decided to break up without even talking to him or considering his feelings, which Woohyun found it a little harsh even for a teenager.

 

 

 

Yadong’s House

 

“Negative” Howon threw the pregnancy test in the trash, “I guess we should try more.”

Howon giggled when his husband threw him on the bed and hovered on top of him, “How about now?”

“How about later” Howon pecked his husband’s lips then pushed him, “We have guests.”

“They’re not here yet” Dongwoo pulled Howon back between his arms, “It’s a sign baby, it means we need to make love more.”

“No, it means maybe we should wait for a little more until Minseo is older?”

Not that Dongwoo was listening, he continued stripping his husband “And I still think she needs a little sister to play with her.”

“She has Minjae; her Oppa is a loving brother- Yah, stop stripping me!!”

 “Minjae is getting older and has different interests; she’ll be lonely.”

Howon held both of his husband’s hands, “Baby, let’s talk about this later, Woohyun and Heechul are coming soon.”

“Speaking of Woohyun, how is he?”

Howon shrugged, “He seems okay, but I know he’s not.”

“Does he talk about Sunggyu?”

“Ani, he never mentioned his name since that day” The doorbell ringed, “They’re here, let’s go, baby.”

 

Living room;

“Can you believe what my mother did!!!!!!!” Woohyun complained the minute he walked in, he still can’t get over what his mother did.

Howon joined his friends on the sofa, “What did she do?”

“She tried to trick me!! Faking Sunggyu’s mother sickness so that we get back together.”

“Don’t you want to get back together?”

“No, Heechul I don’t.”

“I thought you loved him?”

“I do and a lot, but I don’t want to force him to get back together I want him to come back to me when he is ready since he was the one ending it.”

It’s not like I don’t want to be with Sunggyu again, but I don’t want it to happen that way I’m not a kid or a teenager I don’t need to play tricks to have someone in my life. When I confessed to Sunggyu I was so direct I just made sure to choose the right timing to tell him about my feelings, but I never played games.

Sunggyu is the one who broke up with me, without warnings. I know how close he is to my brother, but we had something special between us too, how did he have the heart to end it with simple words.

“Did you try to talk to him after what happened?” Dongwoo asked joining them with tea and desserts

“YES!!! He either walk away when I approach him or not answer my calls.”

Though I only tried three times, it hurts my pride; I have feelings too. I have always been the one running after Sunggyu and the considerate one among us, and it was okay back then before we broke up because I knew he was mine. Yet now it feels I don’t have the right to talk to him, and the fact that I’m following him around made me look like a stalker, so I stopped.

“If you think that he is having fun then you’re wrong, I see how he walks in the campus as if he lost something.”

“It’s because of my brother, not me.”

“How would you know!!” Heechul shook his head not fond of his friend’s attitude, “That boy loves you, he confidently told me about his feeling without hesitation, I know when someone is in love!”

“Heechul is right, Hyun.”

“Not you too Woo, why is everyone blaming me for this breakup!!! I had no saying in it.”

Minseo walked into the living room rubbing her eyes tiredly; she heard voices coming from the room and came to play, “Minseo-naa, why you’re awake, baby!!”

The little girl hugged her mammy and closed her eyes when he carried her, she is sleepy though she wanted to play, “Gyu Oppa?”

“He is not here, let’s pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter