The Love that was mine

The Love that was mine

 

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love

-Sophocles

 

CHAPTER 1

 

 

“You must be well hidden by now! On the count of three, one two three!” The boy released his hands from his eyes. He is in a clearing in a little forest located just before the sea. He scanned the trees surrounding the clearing, looking for a little sign of movement.

“Yoona.” He called.” What shall i do when i find you?” he playfully declared. He started to walk around the clearing, watchful and smiling.

“My dearest Yoona, what shall I do? Hmmm. Ah! I think I’ll make you buy me lunch...no..that’s stupid...hmmm..Aha! I think I’ll gonna lift you up and put you in the sea nearby...no...That’s idiotic, you’ll be sick if I do that, and I don’t want you to be sick.....” he heard a tiny giggle somewhere on his right. He smiled widely and started to walk at the source of the giggle.

“Nah! If I catch you, I’m just gonna kiss you....” he slowly walked behind a large old tree, careful not to make any sound. When he reached it, he turned around the tree and faced the girl he has been looking for. “GOTCHA!” he placed his right hand around the waist of the girl, hugging her close.

The girl was caught by surprise. “Oppa! I nearly had a heart attack!” she put her hand in her heart, emphasizing her emotion.

“tehehe..Now that I caught you, I will commence my revenge.” His eyes are twinkling.

“Op..oppa..”

“hahaha! Look at you! You look like a tomato; your cheeks are so red! Hahaha”

She pouted her lips “hmph!” she broke from his embrace and started to run away. “You can kiss me, only if you can outrun me! Bleehh!”

“But that’s unfair! You’re the national champion in that field!”

“That’s your punishment for teasing me oppa!” she laughed.

His face became serious. “Then challenge accepted. Brace yourself Miss Yoona”. He bolted right towards her.

She was momentarily stunned, but then ran as if her life depended on it. She was laughing hard at the expression of her oppa’s face. He’s so damn serious it’s hilarious. “Catch me if you can!”

They ran until they reached the seaside. Yoona is still leading. All of those training for contests became useful. She turned around, expecting her oppa catching up with her, she did not expect him kneeling on the ground, eyes puckered, his hand on his chest, breathing heavily.

OH DAMN. She quickly ran back to the boy and kneels before him. “Oh my god! Oppa I’m so sorry, I forgot that you have a weak heart. I’m so sorry. I should have never done that. Oppa, are you okay? Please be okay. Oppa? Please answer me!” she’s on the verge of crying.

He suddenly reached out and grabbed her shoulder. “Gotcha” he looked at her and smiled widely.

“wha..Don’t tell me that was a joke?”

“Tell me, how can I actually catch up with you when you run like a cheetah? So I used my acting skills.” He laughed.

She pushed him hard on the sand. She stood up and threw some kicks on his . “You’re so low! I hate you! “

“Ow! Ow! That hurts!”

“You deserve it!” she stopped kicking, walked toward the sea and sat on the sand. The waves splashing at her heels.

He approached her and sat beside her “Yoona, please don’t be mad. I’m sorry for making you worry” he lifted her chin and flashed a small smile.

“Just don’t do it again oppa,”

“I promise, forgive me please?”

She bowed her head, scooped a handful of seawater and threw it at his face.

“HEY!” the boy protested. He too, grabbed some water, but too late, yoona already ran.

“Hey! Yoona!” he ran towards her, caught her up and hugged her from behind. She was laughing so hard. “You look funny oppa.. hahahha”

He did not answer, he just stared at her. Savouring her laughter. Yoona stopped laughing too and stared at him as well. How she loved this boy with all of her heart.

The boy leaned on her and planted a quick kiss on her lips. “I love you”

 “I love you too.... oppa, promise me that you will never leave me.”

“I promise.” He caressed her hair and smiled gently. “I will always be with you......”

 

...Lies... You lied to me Donghae oppa...You lied to me...

Yoona opened her eyes.