It's Been A Year (282)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo groaned as she dragged herself around the ice on the pathetic plastic sled that threatened to crack from excessive friction whenever Ji Hyo pushed the sled against the ground either too hard or too fast. Why did it have to be the rule that the girls couldn't let their feet touch the floor? It was supposed to inconvenience her entire team, but so far Ji Hyo felt that she was bearing the brunt of the burden of not letting her feet touch the ground, whilst the rest basically got off scot-free. So what if they had to build an igloo? She would rather do that than this.

"Yah Lee Kwang Soo! Aren't you supposed to be carrying me?" Ji Hyo nagged, unable to take it anymore.

Kwang Soo had been tasked with piggybacking Ji Hyo around when they were first given the mission, but he had long given up on the physically grueling job of carting another person's weight on his back. He huffed dejectedly as he turned around to face Ji Hyo.

"But I'm building the igloo! Can't you sit on one of the ice blocks?"

"You sit on the ice blocks. Do you know how cold those things are? My nearly got frostbite!"

Kwang Soo slumped over, his palms flat against an ice block in exaggerated frustration. 

"Then stay on the sled!" 

"But it hurts and starts to ache when I'm crammed in this tiny sled for too long!"

Haha overheard the commotion and turned his attention to Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo. 

"Ji Hyo-yah are you tired or something? Maybe you can drag yourself around, lie on the sled and lean your feet on an ice block so you don't feel so cramped." 

Ji Hyo sighed. "I'll look so foolish..." 

But she had to admit it wasn't a completely bad idea. 

And that was how Jong Kook found her a few minutes later, her back splayed out on the sled, with her slender legs stretched out and feet gently perched on the edge of an unused ice block.

Her eyes were basically sewn shut in relaxation, so much so that she did not see Jong Kook's face looking down with the warmest of smiles at her, like she was the much welcomed sun on a cold winter day. 

He leaned over the block staring at her, his arms slightly folded on the flat surface. 

"What are you doing?"

The sudden voice made Ji Hyo jerk in shock and her feet nearly slipped off the block. Thankfully, Jong Kook caught them in time, causing them both to chuckle as he did. 

"Oppa! You scared me."

Jong Kook gently let go of Ji Hyo's feet with a smirk.

"More like you scared me. What are you doing here?"

Ji Hyo scowled. Jong Kook had been absent during the whole debacle involving herself and Kwang Soo with a guest appearance of Haha, as he had went off somewhere to get more ice blocks or something.

"Don't you remember? My feet can't touch the floor."

Jong Kook's heart jilted. "Are you hurting?"

"I'm fine." She scoffed inwardly at herself. In front of the others she exaggeratedly whined and complained to no end, but then with him she pretended to be perfectly fine, not wanting to trou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter