The Police Officer And The Mafia Operative (258)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung, will you be okay?"

"What? Why?"

Filming was about to start that day. Jong Kook had just entered the set after getting his makeup done and his clothes on. Cameras were being set up, and from the messy ware house look the place had going on Jong Kook knew there was bound to be some sort of 'acting' taking place that day. 

The first thing he got when he stepped into the place were concerned worried eyes of Gary.

"There's going to be Monday Couple moments, Hyung. Will you be alright?"

Jong Kook half-huffed and half-sighed. Oh god, not this again. Ever since Jong Kook and Ji Hyo had told the rest of the members about their relationship status, every time Gary was told that there would need to be some sort of couple-y interactions or moments between himself and Ji Hyo, he short of freaked out and would either apologize to Jong Kook or apologize to Ji Hyo. He would also ask Jong Kook if he was alright with the "moments" happening. Jong Kook couldn't believe he didn't manage to foresee the obvious question Gary had asked.

"Gary-yah, for the last time- I'm fine. Being the Monday Boyfriend is part of your character and job, as it has been for years. If I was fine with the Monday Couple then, I sure as heck am fine with it now."

Gary scratched his head. He still wasn't sure, he was never sure with the King of Jealousy. 

"But you're dating her now, so it's different? And you might feel more jealous as time passes, so I always need to check." Don't want to get beat up by you all of a sudden, so.

Jong Kook shook his head. "I don't care. I'll never care. Ji Hyo doesn't check with me to make sure I'm okay with Monday Couple moments, so neither should you. Don't worry about it, yeah?"

Gary was amazed.

"So you're just not jealous anymore, Hyung? Wow, Ji Hyo must have really changed you."

Jong Kook laughed. 

"Haha yeah no. I'm still pretty jealous from time to time. Not of Monday Couple since I know you don't see Ji Hyo like that, but with other people I guess? I just don't bring it up since I know it's pointless."

Gary smirked. 

"And because you know she'll beat your ."

Jong Kook chuckled as he shook his head.

"Yeah, that too."

Just then, Ji Hyo walked onto set and made her way towards Jong Kook and Gary.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?"

Gary turned to Ji Hyo with a face of malicious and mischievous intent.

"Nothing much, Jong Kook Hyung is just complaining about how jealous he is because there's going to be Monday Couple moments later."

Jong Kook widened his eyes at Gary, as wide as his small eyes could widen. Gary was really going to get it later for trying to get him into trouble like that.

Ji Hyo narrowed her eyes at Jong Kook. 

"Jealous? Oppa, what do you have to be jealous about? It's my job." 

Jong Kook raised his hands and shook his head in denial.

"Gary's lying! I swear I'm not jealous!"

The look of pure fear on Jong Kook's face was so genuine Gary started bursting into laughter point-blank.

Taking that into consideration, Ji Hyo decided to believe Jong Kook, and she cracked a smile as Jong Kook's terrified face really was funny. But well, her alter-ego wasn't Bad Ji Hyo for nothing.

Slowly, all the members streamed in and the staff called for them to gather so they could receive instructions. Like Jong Kook had predicted, there was to be some 'acting' on their part for the opening and like Gary had told him, there was to be some 'subtle' Monday Couple moments. 

That day, the members welcomed three guests- Hwang Jung Min, Jang Yoon Ju, and Jung Man Shik. They were all there that day to promote their new movie Veteran, and exchanged jovial greetings with one another.

The PD explained that everyone was split into two teams that day- the Police and the Mafia. Through various missions in which everyone stood a chance to earn clues, they were to deduce their team identity and compete against the other team in the final mission; the Police were to arrest all the Mafia members, and the Mafia was to find the gold and deliver it to the boss.

"As we head for the first mission, please split yourselves into groups of two based on your own assumptions of whether you're in with the Police or the Mafia."

The members all started chattering about which car they should pick. Some tried to guess based on their variety personas and film characters, some guessed based on the current 'clues' they had, whilst some joked about just wanting to be in a car with people that were bearable to be with in such close quarters. 

Jong Kook was trying to think of what team he was to pick too. In some ways, his character suited that of the Police team, and in some ways, his character matched that of a Mafia operative. Which team was he to pick?

Members began making decisions, raising their hands and naming which team they thought they were in, before proceeding to receive instructions of which car to go to.

"I think I'm with the Mafia!" Kwang Soo called out as he raised his hand.

"Proceed to the white car then." The PD casually replied.

Jong Kook rubbed his chin as he thought further. Since Kwang Soo had picked the Mafia, should he join him? 

Suddenly, a high pitched and lovable voice rang through the air.

"I think I'm with the Police!" Ji Hyo said.

Jong Kook stepped forth. 

"I think I'm with the Police!"

Slowly, everyone picked their teams/cars and set off for the first mission set.

Just like a 'thrilling' police chase, the staff set up a rather elaborate obstacle track with... tricycles. Jong Kook felt slightly worried that the tricycle would be too small for him to be effective due to the size of his legs. He looked over at Ji Hyo and she seemed to be b with excitement under her seemingly calm exterior. Of course she was, Jong Kook thought as he huffed inwardly. Ji Hyo had this one in the bag. She often cycled as a form of exercise, saying that she loved the feel of cutting through wind and breathing in the fresh air. She'd dragged him to cycle with her a few times, claiming it was a 'date'. He could never keep up with her as she worked the pedals of her bike, zooming down the path like a cannon ball.

Thankfully, Jong Kook wasn't picked to be in the first round. Neither was Ji Hyo, a fact he noted happily as this meant he could spend a little time with her, though he would have to keep some sort of professional distance.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo used the round as a time to secretly strategize. They formed plans inside their head, as to how they were going to go about completing the obstacle race as quickly as they could, in order to keep in accordance to their variety characters. They also used the first matchup to have a good laugh at their coworkers and friends. Jung Min proved to be a really good and funny cheater, something Kwang Soo joked about envying, making Jong Kook and Ji Hyo laugh.

It was a rather warm and slightly dry day. Whilst half the cast were fighting it out on the obstacle course, the rest busied themselves with finding towels to tie around their heads to shield themselves from the dry air. A few makeup artists came in intermittently to put on some form of cream or lotion to protect their skin, or touch up on their makeup.

Soon, it was time for the second round.

Naturally, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo took tricycles that were next to each other, with faces of determination. When they were given the signal to start, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo took off, with Ji Hyo in the lead and Jong Kook lagging a few feet behind her. Gary, Kwang Soo, and Suk Jin all each groaned as they struggled to keep up that they'd have no chance at all to win first and second place.

So of course, they cheated. 

Kwang Soo was the first to start, being the resident king of fouls on the show. As his attempts at cheating failed, since Jong Kook easily knocked him off his feet with a shove of his elbow, Gary and Suk Jin were forced to join in.

This time, Jong Kook got off his tricycle to take care of the three. He single-handedly removed all of them from their vehicles before proceeding to toss each and every one of them into the muddy waters.

As this was all happening, Ji Hyo had reached the last obstacle. The slope which required two people to pass. She had went into a zone as she zoomed past all the obstacles with ease and finesse, and had not realized completely that Jong Kook was no longer behind her like he was when the race started.

"Oppa! Hurry up and come!" She yelled, sounding more sweet than authoritative. 

Jong Kook heard Ji Hyo's words loud and clear as they incited him to give up on 'punishing' the three cheaters for ganging up on him and made a beeline for his tricycle before he charged forth through the remaining obstacles and joined Ji Hyo on the slope. Her smile as she saw that it was him that arrived could have melted his heart. 

Obviously, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook placed first and second respectively, allowi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter